[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Is it better to configure with RX 6800 XT or RTX 3080?

6800xt is probably cheaper but biggest thing for me was the unknown about shipment. Technically I paid 600 more for the asus but got 32gb of Rams + 1TB of storage another 2 cores and likely quality parts + will be atleast asus TuF model for 3080. + delivery next week from Newegg. Plus love the asus case, read it has hot swap ssd bays as well on the outside which makes plugging in extra drive easy. Have a 1TB sandisk sitting here lol.

Last edited:
6800xt is probably cheaper but biggest thing for me was the unknown about shipment. Technically I paid 600 more for the asus but got 32gb of Rams + 1TB of storage another 2 cores and likely quality parts + will be atleast asus TuF model for 3080. + delivery next week from Newegg. Plus love the asus case, read it has hot swap ssd bays as well on the outside which makes plugging in extra drive easy. Have a 1TB sandisk sitting here lol.
oh ok next week is nice!! And ASUF GPU and not a Dell one
Looks like the 6800 XT is better at the core, but no DLSS and RT performance isnt as good as Nvidia
In most games the 6800XT its beating out the 3080 with RT and DLSS off.
Im not convinced AMD will get the Fidelity FX working right anytime soon. Also have SAM but only work with 3000 and 5000 cpus and a bios update

Looks like an OEM 3080 in there. Is that just a stock picture, and they just use what they have enough of and not set brand so they dont show anything in particular?

Looks like an OEM 3080 in there. Is that just a stock picture, and they just use what they have enough of and not set brand so they dont show anything in particular?
I canceled the sky tech and ordered the asus model instead linked right after my post. It’s more compact and like the hotswap ssd better. Had more ram and extra storage drive and it will have asus branded GPU.
All the other OEMs like sky tech and ABS (Newegg brand) use what they have available unless they specially state in the title it’s using particular brand. ABS does sell some rigs with asus branded cards for premium.

I canceled the sky tech and ordered the asus model instead linked right after my post. It’s more compact and like the hotswap ssd better. Had more ram and extra storage drive and it will have asus branded GPU.
All the other OEMs like sky tech and ABS (Newegg brand) use what they have available unless they specially state in the title it’s using particular brand. ABS does sell some rigs with asus branded cards for premium.
Its expensive, but its a nice setup and worth the extra IMO to know what you are getting, and I personally prefer smaller cases

Did anybody here luck out on the Newegg shuffle tonight? I just got my umpteenth reject letter.

Got that too. Got tired of rejections so I got a computer wirh 3080. 😂😂. Fuck waiting everyday lol.
I bought a 6800 for over $1200 because I was tired of waiting, but I still need another card for another pc upgrade.

I got rejected for a 5900x. I was hoping for beginner's luck but it didn't happen.

I bought a 6800 for over $1200 because I was tired of waiting, but I still need another card for another pc upgrade.
Awww Man Hv has the scraper running on the discord. At least you scored the PS5 from there. LOL
Hv just posted all Zotac scraps are working.

Last edited:
Can anyone point me towards a paid service I can use to track down one of these cards? I guess at this point I’m not above paying for a bot if it’s more cost effective than paying double for a GPU

Can anyone point me towards a paid service I can use to track down one of these cards? I guess at this point I’m not above paying for a bot if it’s more cost effective than paying double for a GPU
I’m in the same boat, I’m willing to try some sort of paid service or not if that is what it takes. I tried distill.io the other day and it was about as useless as nowinstock - didn’t fire for one of the changes it was tracking and tons of false positive alerts (with distill).

I’m in the same boat, I’m willing to try some sort of paid service or not if that is what it takes. I tried distill.io the other day and it was about as useless as nowinstock - didn’t fire for one of the changes it was tracking and tons of false positive alerts (with distill).
You guys are welcome to give Tech Drops Discord a go. Bassman scored a PS5 through there. Make sure you hit the Role channel and react to which ever it is your looking for so you get alerts when items are picked up.

It's 2 days old so still having features tweaked and such but it was created because of salty mods on a Xbox stock discussion discord that wanted to blend the stock channel into gen pop chatter. So most that help in the channel are pretty seasoned in how this stuff works.

Things are getting very very difficult as indicated by ebay prices, the AWS resident bots leave 0 chance to the average buyer, zero, zilch. I used to luck out on Amazon 1/50 tries, nothing for nearly two months now...

Why dont you guys octoshop extension on chrome? Its really quick. But the problem is demand is so damn high right now I can't even grab cards even if I am there from the first second lol. It was easier even during holidays to which I am surprised about. It has gotten worst instead of better.

But it can do about 10 notification for free. I guess only works if your job is on a computer.

Things are getting very very difficult as indicated by ebay prices, the AWS resident bots leave 0 chance to the average buyer, zero, zilch. I used to luck out on Amazon 1/50 tries, nothing for nearly two months now...

Even if you have a good bot, everyone is running bots to hit Amazon so you don't get cards. My buddy has gotten 2 cards in a month of running an Amazon bot. One he canceled because it was an overpriced MSI 3090 model with bad cooling for $2200.

My understanding is a new development is that the bestbuy "wait" period has been manipulated so that the bots can bypass that. Some guy got 10 RX6700s the other day from BB. AMD.com is pretty much the same. I guess they actually had some 6800 cards also during the 6700xt launch. Some guy got 15 of them.

There is a constant battle between the bot developers and the anti-bot measures, so running a bot isn't a cheap exercise either. Captcha solvers are extra. You pay extra for proxies because too many hits from an IP will result in a blocked IP. They only "sell" so many keys for their bot programs I guess. So the software keys for the bots were being resold at prices over $2500. You can rent bots for a month also.

If you're looking for lots of cards, a bot can save you money, but if you're only looking for 1 card, you might as well just buy one from a scalper and get it over with. Running a bot is probably a $500-1000+ adventure at this point from what I can tell.

Even if you have a good bot, everyone is running bots to hit Amazon so you don't get cards. My buddy has gotten 2 cards in a month of running an Amazon bot. One he canceled because it was an overpriced MSI 3090 model with bad cooling for $2200.

My understanding is a new development is that the bestbuy "wait" period has been manipulated so that the bots can bypass that. Some guy got 10 RX6700s the other day from BB. AMD.com is pretty much the same. I guess they actually had some 6800 cards also during the 6700xt launch. Some guy got 15 of them.

There is a constant battle between the bot developers and the anti-bot measures, so running a bot isn't a cheap exercise either. Captcha solvers are extra. You pay extra for proxies because too many hits from an IP will result in a blocked IP. They only "sell" so many keys for their bot programs I guess. So the software keys for the bots were being resold at prices over $2500. You can rent bots for a month also.

If you're looking for lots of cards, a bot can save you money, but if you're only looking for 1 card, you might as well just buy one from a scalper and get it over with.

This pretty much is spot on. I am with this 100%. BB queue was so damn good before, but now its impossible to get clearly they have found a way around it. Because you sit there wait and wait and your turn never comes and its out of stock way too quick. Hearing that every where lol. when in november december everytime I got notification and I was quick to act I got like 3 cards for family and friends. I was dumb enough to sell one here rofl. But hope the buyer is enjoying it for MSRP lol.

Gave one to nephew and traded one. Then wanted to upgrade my Son's computer and instead bought a whole computer and will part his out lol.

I was in on 6700xt the second they went live but they went out of stock so quick its crazy lol. Probably bots finding way around it and getting 10+

This pretty much is spot on. I am with this 100%. BB queue was so damn good before, but now its impossible to get clearly they have found a way around it. Because you sit there wait and wait and your turn never comes and its out of stock way too quick. Hearing that every where lol. when in november december everytime I got notification and I was quick to act I got like 3 cards for family and friends. I was dumb enough to sell one here rofl. But hope the buyer is enjoying it for MSRP lol.

I was in on 6700xt the second they went live but they went out of stock so quick its crazy lol. Probably bots finding way around it and getting 10+

Gave one to nephew and traded one. Then wanted to upgrade my Son's computer and instead bought a whole computer and will part his out lol.

I think full systems are the last bastion of hope for some people. I've seen a couple ~$2000 systems with 3080s in them including the new Alienware R12. Not sure how good the OEM Dell 3080 is though (good enough to sell for $2k on ebay I suppose).

I think full systems are the last bastion of hope for some people. I've seen a couple ~$2000 systems with 3080s in them including the new Alienware R12. Not sure how good the OEM Dell 3080 is though (good enough to sell for $2k on ebay I suppose).

well I bought he Asus computer for 2800. At least its guaranteed quality parts. I am already parting out my previous build. Existing hard ware should net me 700 ish hopefully atleast and I am not looking to scalp on anything. To make up the difference. Above all that shit gets here next week which beats everything, as there might be 2 month wait time before we see the HP and Dells ship out according to what people are experiencing.

Awww Man Hv has the scraper running on the discord. At least you scored the PS5 from there. LOL
Hv just posted all Zotac scraps are working.
Dont get me started o n Zotoc!
Their website is garbage...
I just cant win there and not sure how anyone does.
I can get cards into cart and even almost finish checkout, but every time site crashes with CloudFlare error 502.
Then refresh constantly till finally back in cart and out of stock.
Ive been on their site 4 different times with the same result.
Ill keep trying, but its no fun. I mean Ive clicked submit and the order should have been placed several times but then it wasnt.

Dont get me started o n Zotoc!
Their website is garbage...
I just cant win there and not sure how anyone does.
I can get cards into cart and even almost finish checkout, but every time site crashes with CloudFlare error 502.
Then refresh constantly till finally back in cart and out of stock.
Ive been on their site 4 different times with the same result.
Ill keep trying, but its no fun. I mean Ive clicked submit and the order should have been placed several times but then it wasnt.

Agreed. Their site won't load for me when it tries refreshing after hitting add to cart and shit. Its stupid. Then you won't be able to get in. AMD is the same way, I seriously expect better from AMD.

Amazon I never even get anything to cart before it goes away. Ill be on the pc and hear the notification and click it INSTANTLY and its gone already every time.

You guys are welcome to give Tech Drops Discord a go. Bassman scored a PS5 through there. Make sure you hit the Role channel and react to which ever it is your looking for so you get alerts when items are picked up.

It's 2 days old so still having features tweaked and such but it was created because of salty mods on a Xbox stock discussion discord that wanted to blend the stock channel into gen pop chatter. So most that help in the channel are pretty seasoned in how this stuff works.
Yes I never win and got a PS5!!

Asus TUF 3070 and Tuf mobo combo
I want a 3080 then Ill sell the 6800. Maybe by the time I get a 3080 AMD will get their act together and make this card perform better and have their Fidelity FX running right and RT better too

Okay, I’ll level with you guys and do it publicly. I’ve been here 20 years next month. Since I was a kid in high school. Since Kyle and BEFORE Steve from Hypothermia.

anyways, my 10yo son and I have taken an interest in crypto mining. We aren’t scalping or reselling at all. I’ve scored several cards from EVGA B-stock drops using Distill. He’s autistic with Tourette’s and explaining this, the concepts of both what the computers are doing and why they’re doing what they’re doing — it’s fascinating to him.

We, I, I need more cards. Heh. The portion that solidified the above is set, but now my fear isn’t missing out — it’s not pushing this as far as I can take it.

That said, my ears are all open even if success rates are low due to changing websites and competing against other bots.

if anyone is curious I’ve put together a small real rig using an MSI X470 Gaming plus max board from Amazon with V009s risers. Corsair RMx power supplies. It’ll take a bifurcation card and we’ve got enough lanes to go to 10 perhaps 12 cards. This didnt exist 40 days ago. I only had my 3070 and my son’s 2060.

genuinely asking for help to help me push this further.

as far as my free, extremely valuable contribution in return:

distill monitor the evga b-stock page. Be ready Monday and Tuesday (Wednesday 50%) 2-6pm central time. Have the pages ready. be logged in. You can score cards. This is the evga way.

Attachments

• 33856BF0-9051-4C64-9EB7-4B671D499835.jpeg
    33856BF0-9051-4C64-9EB7-4B671D499835.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1C3C8D35-6B85-4A0E-844F-E1AE314A9F50.jpeg
    1C3C8D35-6B85-4A0E-844F-E1AE314A9F50.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 744FA42C-5831-4984-A1DA-4D1E6AD70DC9.jpeg
    744FA42C-5831-4984-A1DA-4D1E6AD70DC9.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 98534BE1-D265-4A00-8106-0993C6B773F1.jpeg
    98534BE1-D265-4A00-8106-0993C6B773F1.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks!

Just got one too!

These are the smaller form factor ones that are really popular right?
Yes, it's the defacto platinum PSU of high end, small form factor builds, which is why they're always sold out.

None other than jonnyGURU oversaw its design & dev, he's director of R&D at Corsair these days.

Last edited:
Yes they are. I picked one up last time Newegg had them and it has been working great.
Yup, mostly just because they can better fit into small form factor builds.
Yes, it's the defacto platinum PSU of high end, small form factor builds, which is why they're always sold out.

jonnyGURU oversaw its design & dev, he's director of R&D at Corsair these days.

well, thanks to DPI and being able to pick one up;

Looks like I’ll be building a tiny gaming pc after all with the Motif Monument Case

And I just finished my 3070 build lol.

Back