[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Get a 5800x. There are basically no next gen titles yet, but when there are they will be optimized for 8 core/16 thread CPUs like both next gen consoles.
The reason I ask is they are available at AMD still, but I wish the 5900 was. $100 more and 4 more threads

The reason I ask is they are available at AMD still, but I wish the 5900 was. $100 more and 4 more threads
I see a LOT of 5900s for sale. I think you can get one of those successfully if you just take a bit more time. Sign up for this discord chat and you’ll probably have a 5900 within a week or two.

https://discord.gg/atr

Discord chat?
It’s a chat/community program. That link is for ATR Stonks. The community links the places where the processors and GPUs pop up each time. Install the Discord app on your mobile phone for free, join the community for free, register for the specific real time alerts you want for fee, and snag yourself a processor.

It’s a chat/community program. That link is for ATR Stonks. The community links the places where the processors and GPUs pop up each time. Install the Discord app on your mobile phone for free, join the community for free, register for the specific real time alerts you want for fee, and snag yourself a processor.
ok ill check it out

The link didnt work for some reason.
Maybe I took too long.
Baby was fussy and I ha to put her to sleep.

edit
NM I got in.
Now I gotts figure out how to navigate that site

How would the Ryzen 5800x compare to 5600x for gaming?

In terms of fps, not much. Its hard to know how much the 2 extra cores and threads would help in the near future but, I can tell you its not worth the $150 + tax price difference. Theres also the "smoothness" factor for games as well related to extra cores but...

The fps difference between a 5600x and 5800x is like 5-10 fps maybe at 1080p.

In terms of fps, not much. Its hard to know how much the 2 extra cores and threads would help in the near future but, I can tell you its not worth the $150 + tax price difference. Theres also the "smoothness" factor for games as well related to extra cores but...

The fps difference between a 5600x and 5800x is like 5-10 fps maybe at 1080p.
Does the FPS difference increase or decrease with 1440 and 4k?
Hoping to make a new pc that wont be outdated as fast as my last one.

I just decided to buy the 5800x
Said out of stock, but I had it n my cart and paypal open and stopped short of clicking buy for a few hrs...but it seems to have gone through.

The same was said about the last gen of consoles, and yet here we are.
last gen Jaguar? no, nobody in the know thought Jaguar was anywhere near as comparable with then available PC CPUs, as the console CPU is now comparable to a modern PC Ryzen CPU.

The 2020 consoles' CPU, both sony and microsoft are now somewhere between a ryzen 2700 and 3700.

The Jaguar CPU was incredibly deficient compared to PC CPUs at the time.

This is the first time, really ever, that the console generation has basically a modern enthusiast level PC CPU at launch.

AND --- Cyberpunk 2077 CPU benchmarks (as tested by Tom's Hardware) do show that 4 and 6 core begin to struggle a bit behind 8 cores - and that's not even a next gen title, but it's probably the closest title we have so far to what the next gen game engines will do. Note that Tom's hardware CPU benchmarks were done before the first and second gen Ryzen fix patch was pushed. But you can see 6 core intel, and AMD are generally behind 8 core AMD and Intel with a 3090 in his tests at the 3 typical resolutions. So clock speed advantages on the 6 core isn't propping the scores up as much as usual.

Last edited:
last gen Jaguar? no, nobody in the know thought Jaguar was anywhere near as comparable with then available PC CPUs, as the console CPU is now comparable to a modern PC Ryzen CPU.

The 2020 consoles' CPU, both sony and microsoft are now somewhere between a ryzen 2700 and 3700.

The Jaguar CPU was incredibly deficient compared to PC CPUs at the time.

This is the first time, really ever, that the console generation has basically a modern enthusiast level PC CPU at launch.

AND --- Cyberpunk 2077 CPU benchmarks (as required by Tom's Hardware) do show that 4 and 6 core begin to struggle a bit behind 8 cores - and that's not even a next gen title, but it's probably the closest title we have so far to what the next gen game engines will do. Note that Tom's hardware CPU benchmarks were done before the first and second gen Ryzen fix patch was pushed. But you can see 6 core intel, and AMD are generally behind 8 core AMD and Intel with a 3090 in his tests at the 3 typical resolutions. So clock speed advantages on the 6 core isn't propping the scores up as much as usual.
Core count is what we're talking about. And no, the SoC in the current consoles are not exactly like a PC CPU.

Core count is what we're talking about. And no, the SoC in the current consoles are not exactly like a PC CPU.
yes - core count is what I am quite clearly talking about.

And yes, this generation CPU is very close to a Ryzen CPU in capability and architecture at the same clockspeed. I've read this in many dozens of articles. Jaguar was not close to CPU architecture at the time, and while it had 8 cores, it was not a parallel to existing and current PC CPU architecture at the time - actually it was quite inferior/weak -- even at the time of launch compared to PC enthusiasts CPUs (on PS4 and Xbox 1)

What I'm saying is the Xbox Series X and PS5 CPU are very comparable to somewhere between a Ryzen 2700 and Ryzen 3700 in both performance and functional architecture (yes I realize it's an APU on the console - but in overall general performance and capability it's a 8 core/16 thread Ryzen - functions pretty much just like a desktop PC CPU). That's generally an enthusiast CPU on PC, even at this time. It's the first time we've had that situation - where a console isn't dismally behind the PC's equivalent enthusiast processor at time of release. (GPUs are a different story, but CPU's have always historically been pretty pitiful compared to PC enthusiasts desktops at launch.) Hence, you don't want, IMO, to buy a CPU right now that is not equivalent to the consoles - or you're going to have to turn down game settings starting in the next 1-2 years when the game engines ramp up to current gen specs for triple A titles. If you do buy a six core, just note that you may need to upgrade in the next couple years as the game engines advance to meet the console's base specification which will increasingly become the standard for the next 5 years or more - until the next console cycle.

Does the FPS difference increase or decrease with 1440 and 4k?
Hoping to make a new pc that wont be outdated as fast as my last one.
The FPS difference decreases as resolution increases. If you look at benchmarks, at 4K there is usually -very- little difference between most CPUs because at that point the GPU is the limiting factor.

That said, I'm planning a new build for this year most likely to go along with the 3090 that I scored, and I agree that 8c/16t is a good foundation for the next few years due to the consoles having parity there. I'm coming from a 4c/8t i7-6700K, so even though a 6c/12t would be an improvement, doubling my core count seems like the way to go at this point.

The FPS difference decreases as resolution increases. If you look at benchmarks, at 4K there is usually -very- little difference between most CPUs because at that point the GPU is the limiting factor.

That said, I'm planning a new build for this year most likely to go along with the 3090 that I scored, and I agree that 8c/16t is a good foundation for the next few years due to the consoles having parity there. I'm coming from a 4c/8t i7-6700K, so even though a 6c/12t would be an improvement, doubling my core count seems like the way to go at this point.
Im coming from Dell Optiplex 7050 with an I5-7600

After a long holiday weekend the shuffle is returning. So far they have the 5600x, 5800x, an EVGA 3070, and an asus 490 MB listed.
https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle
Capture.PNG

After a long holiday weekend the shuffle is returning. So far they have the 5600x, 5800x, an EVGA 3070, and an asus 490 MB listed.
https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle
View attachment 330003
Newegg changed items after I posted.

ASUS PRIME Z490-A ATX Intel Motherboard or with 10700K
5600x alone or with Enermax ELC-LMT240-RGB 240mm RGB AIO Water Cooler
5800x only
EVGA 08G-P5-3755-KR GeForce RTX 3070 Video Card alone or with EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT Power Supply

Last edited:
I don't get the z490 board lol. Why is that in the raffle? I would understand a x570 dark hero but that board?
When bundled with the i7 it's a pretty decent discount. Maybe they meant to list the CPU as the primary but mixed it up?

i entered for the 3070. If i get selected again ill probably just sell it to someone for cost. Already have a 3080 in gaming pc and 3070 in HTPC

It's kind of crazy that we've never seen a 3060ti on the shuffle, but they have the 3070 practically every time. I doubt that Newegg just isn't getting allocation. Is it that the 3060ti is being produced in lower numbers or is it that they're just selling them on the site instead of listing them on shuffle?

Alright Newegg don't let me down :rolleyes: if I get the chance to purchase one of those 3070 ill give my RX 5700XT to my nephew :cool:
You must be one kick ass Uncle to give away a 5700XT! Good luck with the shuffle, I know your nephew will be pulling for you.

entered for both 3070's, will see if i get lucky again.
I entered for both also just to improve my chances.
It's kind of crazy that we've never seen a 3060ti on the shuffle, but they have the 3070 practically every time. I doubt that Newegg just isn't getting allocation. Is it that the 3060ti is being produced in lower numbers or is it that they're just selling them on the site instead of listing them on shuffle?
3060ti is really what I can afford, but 3070 is up for grabs...

From a mining standpoint the 3060ti and 3070 perform that same making the 3070 a meh buy. Granted they are still profitable and there is more to the shortage than miners, but I don't expect any of them are placing wholesale orders for 3070s.

From a mining standpoint the 3060ti and 3070 perform that same making the 3070 a meh buy. Granted they are still profitable and there is more to the shortage than miners, but I don't expect any of them are placing wholesale orders for 3070s.
For me, I might even consider mining with it, but I really just need a real card in my system. Im tired of the 1050TI.
I havent upgraded to screen enough to need anything better that a 2060 probably.
Im just getting back into gaming again after like 10 yrs so Im still learning about PC components really.
Building my own since I decided this Dell I bought a few months ago works great on the net and Netflix, but sux on most games newer than 2015

Well I wasnt picked again.
I never win at the lottery or at gambling, I am just not that guy lol.
Next time!
ROFL. Me too. I have to invest and make my earn money more money. I never win hahaha. My sixth time I failed, actually was looking for a 3070.

ROFL. Me too. I have to invest and make my earn money more money. I never win hahaha. My sixth time I failed, actually was looking for a 3070.
Well fingers crossed for ya to get it on the next entry!

I saw a prebuilt for $1500 with a 3070. Im almost tempted to buy it and sell the pc with my 1050ti in it just to get the 3070 lol

I saw a prebuilt for $1500 with a 3070. Im almost tempted to buy it and sell the pc with my 1050ti in it just to get the 3070 lol

Rofl that’s what I did. I wanted a 3080 or 3090 to replace one of the 6900xt system. I just sold my parts out of that system and bought a gaming rig with 3090 for 3499. Given even retail ones are going for 2k and scalpers are asking 3k. It was a great deal for a system lol.

Last edited:
Back