[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for AMD, Nvidia, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
15% increase in performance, 70% increase in price. Looks like win all around
/s

Not uncommon in any hobby or enthusiast area.

Cars - Mustang GT = <$40K
1623176602285.png

Pick any sports car $70k - $100k and you'll not get a parallel increase in performance as you pile on the extra purchase price $. (except maybe a Tesla)

---------------------------- applies pretty much everywhere

Audio
Fishing boats
TVs - 55" LED vs. 55" OLED
etc etc etc.
Food
Wine

Probably harder to find unicorn examples where the depreciating return on your money as you move towards the highest end doesn't apply.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
AMD's site is super slow to process orders. Fedex still hasn't even received the package yet, to start shipping....
Sunday night, the tracking on this still said that the label had been created, but Fedex was still waiting to receive the package.

Yesterday, it jumped to "out for delivery by end of day". And indeed, it arrived.

JasonPC

Limp Gawd
I noticed the trend has been down if you check a site like stockx, gpus aren’t going for what they were at the peak of the crypto bubble in May. They are still ridiculously overpriced and damn near impossible to find but maybe it’s a downward trend. Possibly uncertainty in crypto and supply trying to catch up to demand will improve things.

This downward trend on crypto pricing combined with the shift in ETH towards the end of the year are going to alleviate demand on GPU and prices should slowly start to drop. If they don't you'll have plenty of one year old used parts hitting the market at discounts.

We're seeing CPU manufacturing catch up and demand seems to be dropping a bit. I'm still going to hold out for a bit though on the 5950x as this new cache setup they showed at Computex looks amazing.

JasonPC

Limp Gawd
Well, AIB partner 3070 Ti starting to look like they're going to be Nvidia's equivalent of partner 6700XT's, oof. $949 for a TUF 3070 Ti.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-t...0-graphics-card-black/6467840.p?skuId=6467840

Alas, pre-scalped pricing may make it easier to manually check one out in tomorrow's BB drop while everyone's fighting over the FE version.
Honestly who is the 3070 ti made for? It looks like a great replacement for the 3070 and that’s about it, but why pay more when all the prices are so f’ed up anyway.

exiled350

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, AIB partner 3070 Ti starting to look like they're going to be Nvidia's equivalent of partner 6700XT's, oof. $949 for a TUF 3070 Ti.
Holy crap, Nvidia priced their shit too low to begin with so there was a necessary market price adjustment, but that's a bit extreme. I'd rather see the AIB's get the money over scalpers though.

kamikazi

Gawd
I think the only good thing about this card is the opportunity for evga elite members to get an order in for a card they may actually be able to buy at msrp. It's a terrible value.

NKD

[H]F Junkie
I am sure I will win a shuffle for 3070ti for 1k lol. Then I wont buy once again hahaha. Like the 6700xt shuffle I won for 1k with a board that I was like fuccck that. But now I can't bitch about not ever winning a shuffle I guess.

NKD

[H]F Junkie
so I got the 5950x that I impulsed bought and didn't realize buying with apple pay doesn't have any final confirmation submit order buttons rofl.

Tried to do an RMA for the life of me I could not do it and kept timing out for 3 days now and could never finish RMA, it either wouldn't pull up the order after enter order number or zip, or the page will just time out when loading, or after entering information for RMA it will time out, lol. So finally on 4th day I was like let me trying disabling wifi and try it on my phone and boom was able to do it over my LTE network. Almost felt like was being IP cock blocked rofl.

NKD

[H]F Junkie
RMA on a processor? I can't remember the last time I heard a CPU go bad...

I never said it was bad lol. I impulsed bought it and couldn’t cancel it. So had to return it. Since Antonine just tells you to return stuff unopened and there is no way to cancel.

MrC4

[H]ard|Gawd
I never said it was bad lol. I impulsed bought it and couldn’t cancel it. So had to return it. Since Antonine just tells you to return stuff unopened and there is no way to cancel.
Won't they just send you another 5950x as a replacement? Am I missing something here?

NKD

[H]F Junkie
Won't they just send you another 5950x as a replacement? Am I missing something here?

no I impulsed bought it and happened quick with Apple Pay. Couldn’t cancel so sending it back. Not sure why you guys missing that lol.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
I got selected for a $1800 gigabyte 3080ti bundle but I missed the window by 10 mins. I forgot all about it tonight.

Reactions: flotz
like this

Azrak

[H]ard|Gawd
no I impulsed bought it and happened quick with Apple Pay. Couldn’t cancel so sending it back. Not sure why you guys missing that lol.
Because you said "RMA", not "return". RMA usually* means a replacement item will be shipped back to you, and most people say and write that when that is the purpose for the return. When it's just a return for refund and not replacement, people usually just say "return" instead of "RMA". This is why some people were confused.
* I am fully aware via Wikipedia that "RMA" can mean "return for refund", however most people don't say RMA in that specific case - they just say "return".

NKD

[H]F Junkie
Because you said "RMA", not "return". RMA usually* means a replacement item will be shipped back to you, and most people say and write that when that is the purpose for the return. When it's just a return for refund and not replacement, people usually just say "return" instead of "RMA". This is why some people were confused.
* I am fully aware via Wikipedia that "RMA" can mean "return for refund", however most people don't say RMA in that specific case - they just say "return".

Well RMA means Return Merchandise Authorization. It can be for refund or replacement. I was referring to having issues with their RMA process. Never knew RMA meant replacement as far as I know it just stands for authorization, this is news to me lol. Well that’s besides the point so time to move on I guess.

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
What's the latest word on AMD stock? Should I but some shares now or wait for the price to come down a bit?

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Shocked myself, as well. Just replace the RAM with faster RAM, and I've heard that performance can jump by 10-20% depending on the game! Otherwise an incredible laptop for the $$.
Make sure the faster RAM speed is actually activated. You may need to set it in the bios.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
Shuffle today has a GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC WATERFORCE WB for $1129... Pretty good for a waterblocked card. There are a couple of 3060's without bundle also.
That is one slick looking card. Looks freaking long. It is a inch longer then my 3080 with a alpha cool block and that barely fit in my configuration.

DWolvin

2[H]4U
Where does the 20% coupon come from? It sounds like many people have them on the EVGA forums, but I haven't received mine yet...

arnemetis

2[H]4U
Where does the 20% coupon come from? It sounds like many people have them on the EVGA forums, but I haven't received mine yet...
When you sign up for evga elite, you get a 'spin' on the wheel. It's a pretty common reward, among other higher or lower rewards. Coupon is good for 3 months.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Ah, mine would have been forever ago then... Thank you.
check the EVGA reddit for a current associate code. They have a bot account which automatically posts one sometimes. And there are also several people on there whom have their own codes posted.

This one was working a couple of weeks ago: S1UQP0HAKH2GPDI

The associate codes get you varying discounts on many things. Power supplies are 10% off. I think videocards are 3%. Its better than nothin'!