[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Is there really anyone here from Day 0 (Sep 16th) that has not gotten at least one 3xxx card at MSRP/official channels? Find that hard to believe..
I am sure there are some. They are just not trying hard enough. I managed to get 3 ps5, 1 3080 and a 5950x in December/early January. I had other chances where I could of scooped up 3080/3090 but passed on them. Looking back that was a mistake.

Since day one I've been trying to obtain a 3 series card from retail. I don't think it's the lack of trying, but ones location could play a factor in success. I don't have a Microcenter and so far all Best Buy drops won't allow me to check out for pick-up in my area. I've been able to add to my cart multiple times, enter my verification code, only to get unavailable for 250 miles.

I was able to get an Xbox Series X, Series S, and PS5 on day one with some luck and following the trends, but anything to do with new cards has been unobtainable thus far. There have been plenty of sleepless nights in anticipation of a drop.

Even when I won a 3070 once from the shuffle, they sold out and came out empty-handed.

This card game is brutal lol

re camping for a guaranteed 3080/3090
Imagine if you bought an scalped card a month or 3 ago and had it mining, it would have already paid for the difference. Amazingly 3090fe now selling for $500+ more than a few weeks ago. If there was a microcenter anywhere near (rip Fry's) I'd camp out for a free $1000. I slept in a parking lot and all I got was this lousy graphics card!

Anyway prebuilt Dell r11 showed up slightly early. The ugly case has grown on me..a bit. I have 2 cards in there mining 24/7 and heat is fine with the side panel off. It's loud but my 3090 is also loud. Cable management is really nice. Dell has their special cases where parts and panels pull out or slide out for some reason. m2 is a "Micron 2300 NVMe" haven't noticed a need to swap out for my Samsung 970. The 10700kf is very fast but I am used to haswell machine with slower ram. Honestly the Dell bloatware doesn't bog the machine down, teenage me would already have a custom win10 install going but I can't complain. Alienware software makes it easy to control the machine from phone and send sms from computer, if you're into that. Only game I play is Escape from Tarkov and runs so smoothly although it still can't get 120+fps (@ 1080p..), let alone 240fps, on most maps.
I am very tempted to buy a few more. 3090 3080 1070ti mining = $31/day btc payout with nicehash.

Gratz to those who snagged a card.

re camping for a guaranteed 3080/3090
Imagine if you bought an scalped card a month or 3 ago and had it mining, it would have already paid for the difference. Amazingly 3090fe now selling for $500+ more than a few weeks ago. If there was a microcenter anywhere near (rip Fry's) I'd camp out for a free $1000. I slept in a parking lot and all I got was this lousy graphics card!

Anyway prebuilt Dell r11 showed up slightly early. The ugly case has grown on me..a bit. I have 2 cards in there mining 24/7 and heat is fine with the side panel off. It's loud but my 3090 is also loud. Cable management is really nice. Dell has their special cases where parts and panels pull out or slide out for some reason. m2 is a "Micron 2300 NVMe" haven't noticed a need to swap out for my Samsung 970. The 10700kf is very fast but I am used to haswell machine with slower ram. Honestly the Dell bloatware doesn't bog the machine down, teenage me would already have a custom win10 install going but I can't complain. Alienware software makes it easy to control the machine from phone and send sms from computer, if you're into that. Only game I play is Escape from Tarkov and runs so smoothly although it still can't get 120+fps (@ 1080p..), let alone 240fps, on most maps.
I am very tempted to buy a few more. 3090 3080 1070ti mining = $31/day btc payout with nicehash.

Gratz to those who snagged a card.
no one cares

Reactions: sover
like this
I know some other forum members have had luck with EVGA giving them a second chance at missed queue notifications, so just for the heck of it I gave it a try. The notify email for the EVGA 3060ti XC was sent back in January but only showed up in my inbox four days later for some reason. I figured there was zero chance at this point, but those insanely awesome people over at EVGA actually came through.

Not only that, but I had signed up for the EVGA Elite program when registering my 3070 FTW3 Ultra and they have a game called Spin To Save for new members. It gave me a one-time use code for 30% off and, well...

EVGA_Purchase.jpg

I know some other forum members have had luck with EVGA giving them a second chance at missed queue notifications, so just for the heck of it I gave it a try. The notify email for the EVGA 3060ti XC was sent back in January but only showed up in my inbox four days later for some reason. I figured there was zero chance at this point, but those insanely awesome people over at EVGA actually came through.

Not only that, but I had signed up for the EVGA Elite program when registering my 3070 FTW3 Ultra and they have a game called Spin To Save for new members. It gave me a one-time use code for 30% off and, well...

View attachment 344041
Wow. Awesome deal. You just got the deal of the last 2 years. Congrats man.

Wow. Awesome deal. You just got the deal of the last 2 years. Congrats man.

View attachment 344041
They have had to turn down a few people that have been further out than that, but they are trying to say yes whenever they can. Freaking awesome people over there. I know they wish they had more cards to sell just as much as we do. They really do care. Happy for you, justin!

Not sure how to put up a video f the prebuilt.
Site says too big to upload and so does PostImage

I find the site exhaust to be restricted probably by about 50% with that pattern that's cut out.

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_195014.jpg
    IMG_20210331_195014.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the update man. It does look good though.
The rear exhaust feels as strong or stronger that the matching, but dual side exhaust.
I havent gone past boot up yet to see if the lights turn off, do solid colors, or check for ram XMP enabled and latest boos etc

We’ll see.

I’ll be playing at 1440p / 165hz on Warzone and other big popular multiplayer games. We’ll see how it handles it. I just would have liked that extra grunt at 1440p
Not sure you'll hit 165Hz on that card in Warzone @1440p... but is should be smooth if you can handle a lower refresh. I tested at 1080p and it was a beast, but not enough to push me to solid 144Hz on all games without dialing back some settings.

Not sure you'll hit 165Hz on that card in Warzone @1440p... but is should be smooth if you can handle a lower refresh. I tested at 1080p and it was a beast, but not enough to push me to solid 144Hz on all games without dialing back some settings.

Yah, see, and that’s what bothers me. I’ve spent all this money on this build, buying the best stuff and I don’t want to be held back by the card now. I got it to hold me over until I get my hands on what I really want.

Im sure the 3060 is an absolute beast @ 1080p. Since I’ll be at 1440p, I’ll probably just drop it all to medium/high settings to get close to it hopefully. That 3060ti would get me what I wanted at ultra, or very close to it though. So we’ll see

and I hope in the very near future, someone releases a full 3070 in mini format. That would be amazing.

Entered shuffle again like a champ. Never too afraid of a loss in a shuffle. Newegg has toughened me up. 🤣🤣🤣
I just can't sleep if I don't get daily newegg rejections anymore. It's an addiction now. Masochism here I come.

0/33(34?) I lost count.. I have not missed a single shuffle and never got picked.

I just can't sleep if I don't get daily newegg rejections anymore. It's an addiction now. Masochism here I come.

0/33(34?) I lost count.. I have not missed a single shuffle and never got picked.

So damn true. Newegg got our brains manipulated by now. Rejections are addictive who knew. May be we like clicking things. 🤣🤣🤣

Yah, see, and that’s what bothers me. I’ve spent all this money on this build, buying the best stuff and I don’t want to be held back by the card now. I got it to hold me over until I get my hands on what I really want.

Im sure the 3060 is an absolute beast @ 1080p. Since I’ll be at 1440p, I’ll probably just drop it all to medium/high settings to get close to it hopefully. That 3060ti would get me what I wanted at ultra, or very close to it though. So we’ll see

and I hope in the very near future, someone releases a full 3070 in mini format. That would be amazing.
Yeah, the EVGA mini dual fan 3060 is a solid card and I never saw over 170W full load. Runs reasonably cool, but a bit noisy. The 3060Ti mini version is same PCB (EVGA232), with 6-phase of VRM populated for a bit more power draw. Can only imagine the cooler will be working even harder, or they upped the peak temp to keep noise under control. Am very interested to get my hands on one for testing.

This same board should be 3070-ready. They have room for two more VRM phases... and you can theoretically pull 225W with the current PCIE/8-pin setup. I doubt EVGA will do it because the 3070 is rated at 220W. OC would be sketchy.

Yeah, the EVGA mini dual fan 3060 is a solid card and I never saw over 170W full load. Runs reasonably cool, but a bit noisy. The 3060Ti mini version is same PCB (EVGA232), with 6-phase of VRM populated for a bit more power draw. Can only imagine the cooler will be working even harder, or they upped the peak temp to keep noise under control. Am very interested to get my hands on one for testing.

This same board should be 3070-ready. They have room for two more VRM phases... and you can theoretically pull 225W with the current PCIE/8-pin setup. I doubt EVGA will do it because the 3070 is rated at 220W. OC would be sketchy.
I want the 3060 ti to swap my current 3060 vanilla xc in the HP SFF, nice card but want to max the hashrate on that build. Too bad the Asus 3070 I 'won' won't fit.

I've had bots buy a couple of my CPUs on Ebay. As soon as I pressed the button to publish the listing---they were bought.

Best Buy dropped an evga 1650 super for $200 best deal on a lower mid range card I’ve seen in months.

And it’s gone

Back