[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is the pics of the specs of the 2 systems ordered and total price

Attachments

• dell.jpg
    dell.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0
  • hp.jpg
    hp.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
1999 plus tax
Anxious to see how the 5800 non x compares.
how much was your HP?
Funny thing is a local guy offered me 1700 cash for my 3080 xc ultra I got and installed in January. I'm no scalper, but i could not turn that down. I paid less than $800 for it and for roughly $400 more than the selling price got an entire system. Also, between the 2 systems i got $52 cash back from Rakuten and like $60 in dell cash.

Funny thing is a local guy offered me 1700 cash for my 3080 xc ultra I got and installed in January. I'm no scalper, but i could not turn that down. I paid less than $800 for it and for roughly $400 more than the selling price got an entire system. Also, between the 2 systems i got $52 cash back from Rakuten and like $60 in dell cash.

Are you keeping both or canceling depending on which one gets shipped first. I am wondering if I should trigger the HP as well. I get extra 100 off with my work profile lol.

Last edited:
May keep both. Don’t know.

Hp certainly looks like a much better deal. Hearing bad things bout how loud the Alienware are given how tight of a space things fit in and dells have 2 fans on GPU. Might just order HP see when it gets here, if it gets delayed can always cancel. They both have the same date for me.

costs me 2009 + tax with 1TB ssd and better wifi card upgrade.

I canceled my R11 order. And ordered the R12. Used the 10% coupon and members purchase program (not sure how that pops up for me, may be my work) but there was 53 off and another 266 off with coupon.

$2483 out the door including taxes with RTX 3080, i7 11700KF liquid cooling + 1000 watt PS, 1TB ssd and 16GB 3200mhz ram.

Overall not bad. if I find a better deal somewhere with quicker shipment I will simply cancel it and go that route. Really easy cancellation with dell as long the system is not close to shipping or in production.

on top getting 2% rakuten cashback and 3% on my visa card so another 5% cash back.
Looking to order that one (faster but ships about April 14) or
i7 10700KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.8GHz to 5.1GHz w/Turbo Boost Max 3.0)
16GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X
$2,587.19 without code. Thankfully no sales tax in Oregon. (ships Mar 26-31)

Waiting on the -10% newsletter code... been over an hour, might be an overnight affair..

Waiting on the -10% newsletter code... been over an hour, might be an overnight affair..

I honestly would rather order the HP. People have been complaining the Alienware are way too lound even at idle and sound like a jet engine when gaming, I read up on it after ordering and even read Tomshardware review, he said the same. I think the fans are designed to go full throttle in that chasis since it barely has any airflow. I canceled it and ordered the HP. They have same ship date and HP was about 350 cheaper. Didn't really care much about rocket lake or comet lake.

HP has the same configuration for about 500 cheaper.

Last edited:
Thanks

I bought one
1616117192035.png

I chose the fastest shipping option in hopes it would actually ship!!!

Doesn't make sense not to buy one since the Dell OEM 3080's are selling for the INCREDIBLE price of $2k each lately!!!??!!!!

Sell the video card and get a nearly free PC, or sell the PC, sans GPU, for $800-$1K and overpay for 3080. I'm thinking right now I sell the GPU, and keep the PC -- or even sell both and perhaps make $500 after fees? Crazy.
1616117320600.jpg

Last edited:

Check your junk. My code came in about 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, the HP mobo doesnt have 2 gpu ports and I have a 1070ti I need to mine with, and shipping looks far out, especially if they're taking preorders with no regard like some else suggested. I am very tempted to also get the HP, though. The Alienware case is unsightly.

Code arrived. Ordered

Estimated to Arrive:
Mar 26, 2021 - Mar 31, 2021
$2,328.47

There aint nothing special about 11th gen intel its still the same size right?

Last edited:
Thanks

I bought one
View attachment 340356
I chose the fastest shipping option in hopes it would actually ship!!!

Doesn't make sense not to buy one since the Dell OEM 3080's are selling for the INCREDIBLE price of $2k each lately!!!??!!!!
It's almost a free PC then - or you flip the GPU less PC for $800 or $1k on eBay.
View attachment 340358
In the end after PayPal, Ebay & whatever shipping service you use takes their pound of flesh, you're spending around $1500 dollars on that 3080, 2x the price of what it's worth.

But I suppose that's still a better deal than buying one for $2000 off of Ebay or some jerkoff on Craigslist.

Unfortunately, the HP mobo doesnt have 2 gpu ports and I have a 1070ti I need to mine with, and shipping looks far out, especially if they're taking preorders with no regard like some else suggested. I am very tempted to also get the HP, though. The Alienware case is unsightly.
It’s a hit and miss with shipping anyways. So no one really knows. Best you are going to get is estimate. My first order with 3060ti was suppose to be coming next week from dell but still hadn’t gone in production.

Can you put another video card in dell? I mean even if you could I really wouldn't recommend it. Thing is already cooking according to online reading. I am unsure if I would really want to mine with the dell that's one of the reasons I would prefer the HP with lot of room inside.

Last edited:
Also, I highly doubt HP will cover the warranty on the graphics card if you no longer own the computer. That's a $1500+ dollar risk.

Also, I highly doubt HP will cover the warranty on the graphics card if you no longer own the computer. That's a $1500+ dollar risk.

ofcourse not. I don't think any OEM will. Unless you had some deal with the buyer to ship it to you and then ship it to HP unless ofcourse you get buyer to assume the risk. Such will be the case with dell.

It’s a hit and miss with shipping anyways. So no one really knows. Best you are going to get is estimate. My first order with 3060ti was suppose to be coming next week from dell but still hadn’t gone in production.

Can you put another video card in dell? I mean even if you could I really wouldn't recommend it. Thing is already cooking according to online reading. I am unsure if I would really want to mine with the dell that's one of the reasons I would prefer the HP with lot of room inside.
Yeah you can from what I can see, thankfully 1070ti is pretty low power. I am wondering what to do exactly. If I get another card I'll start needing risers anyway. Around now is kinda the last time its safe to pay $2000 for a 3080 and get your money back mining within a few months, assuming worst happens and eth mining halves in value in July.

Yeah you can from what I can see, thankfully 1070ti is pretty low power. I am wondering what to do exactly. If I get another card I'll start needing risers anyway. Around now is kinda the last time its safe to pay $2000 for a 3080 and get your money back mining within a few months, assuming worst happens and eth mining halves in value in July.

Yea. after testing out mining the gddr6x begs for air flow. That's why I don't wanna deal with Alienware case seems like its struggling to keep the card cool during gaming. in Omen case you can stick a 120mm pulling air from back of the GPU easy and drop temps a few degrees easy. Toms did another review on Omen 30L as well with 3080. It was actually much quieter then the alienware r11 they tested (called it a jet engine under load lol).

Been trying to replace a video card in my sons computer instead I am buying a whole damn computer lol. It actually got worse after holidays. I sold a rtx card here, gave 2 to nephews and then it got worse lol.

who is still waiting for newegg shuffle rejection notice? Now you can get results up to 1am est? Really? Looks like they made the rejections more slow and painful.

who is still waiting for newegg shuffle rejection notice? Now you can get results up to 1am est? Really? Looks like they made the rejections more slow and painful.

me, adding it to the other half of dozen rejections!

874.jpeg

Funny you should mention this. I got selected... but for some reason the email on my iPhone didn't pull any messages since this AM and the newegg app didn't pop up notification (but I just saw it on my lock screen). My purchase window closed at 7PM. Oh well, guess I need to pay more attention next time.

Funny you should mention this. I got selected... but for some reason the email on my iPhone didn't pull any messages since this AM and the newegg app didn't pop up notification (but I just saw it on my lock screen). My purchase window closed at 7PM. Oh well, guess I need to pay more attention next time.
Crap! That sucks. :( Sorry to hear that, man.

me, adding it to the other half of dozen rejections!

View attachment 340370

I'm still waiting as well. This is getting later and later. Doesn't make sense with how early they started, unless they simply have boatloads of these things, and it's taking all day to get through them.

Were that the case, I would hope for more folks reporting back here with their successful orders...

Got the mail sorted on my phone and now it's back up. Looks like the email from newegg shows which card I was eligible to purchase... the most expensive Asus. LOL, I would have passed anyway. Normally I am more selective with items chosen in the shuffle. Clicked every item in a hurry while working this time around. Ridiculous prices on some of these.

I'm still waiting as well. This is getting later and later. Doesn't make sense with how early they started, unless they simply have boatloads of these things, and it's taking all day to get through them.

Were that the case, I would hope for more folks reporting back here with their successful orders...

I would assume the damn process is automated. Shouldn’t really be taking this long. Unless they are rigging it and hand picking people.

This is pathetic. I'm still waiting too. My entering email hit my inbox at 8 am central time. Now it's 10:45 pm and no results yet? The email could come as late as 10pm PT which is another 2 hours and 15 minutes, so that means I have to wait until 1 am central for the email? I do have to sleep and I work early.
These clowns seem to be going out of their way to make our lives miserable.

edit: email just hit..... "You Weren't Selected"
Thanks asshats

This is pathetic. I'm still waiting too. My entering email hit my inbox at 8 am central time. Now it's 10:45 pm and no results yet? The email could come as late as 10pm PT which is another 2 hours and 15 minutes, so that means I have to wait until 1 am central for the email? I do have to sleep and I work early.
These clowns seem to be going out of their way to make our lives miserable.

edit: email just hit..... "You Weren't Selected"
Thanks asshats
I got mine at 11:50 est. I figure when they go this late you are on the reject list.

Yea. after testing out mining the gddr6x begs for air flow. That's why I don't wanna deal with Alienware case seems like its struggling to keep the card cool during gaming. in Omen case you can stick a 120mm pulling air from back of the GPU easy and drop temps a few degrees easy. Toms did another review on Omen 30L as well with 3080. It was actually much quieter then the alienware r11 they tested (called it a jet engine under load lol).

Been trying to replace a video card in my sons computer instead I am buying a whole damn computer lol. It actually got worse after holidays. I sold a rtx card here, gave 2 to nephews and then it got worse lol.
I have a 3090fe mining, chips cool as ice, vram is hotter than heck.
GPU: 48c
VRAM: 108c
According to nvidia it's normal.... it is possible to take apart a 3090 (and i think 3080), add in a thin piece of plastic, and get -10-20degrees on vram.

Got the mail sorted on my phone and now it's back up. Looks like the email from newegg shows which card I was eligible to purchase... the most expensive Asus. LOL, I would have passed anyway.
I would've pounced. It'll be the most sought-after 6700XT because of "Strix", but more importantly its rare 256-bit membus; most other 6700XT's have 192. Review sites haven't caught on to this yet.

According to nvidia it's normal.... it is possible to take apart a 3090 (and i think 3080), add in a thin piece of plastic, and get -10-20degrees on vram.
If that's just the vram on the back you could just point a fan at the backplate, I have a 120mm on a kpe and get 60c.

Doubt the vram next to the gpu die is running that hot with the heatsink cooling it off.

While I am tempted, I am not gonna risk my precious warranty taking it apart, putting a 120mm fan on the back plate reduces temps by 8-10c anyways.

I got a ps5 for a friend yesterday from walmart. I got through once but for some reason my bank denied the first transaction. 2nd time after I confirmed it was me with the bank it went through.

Back