[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Can you even run DLSS at 1080P. I know some games does not allow you to turn on DLSS if you're at 1080P or lower resolution

I think they mean internal resolution. For example if you run Cyberpunk at ‘Performance’ DLSS it runs at an internal resolution of 1080P, I believe.

I'm like 0/9 on the shuffle (more if you count me getting the wife to try on her newegg account), and I had BB page OPEN when the drop happened yesterday and missed it. Had a different browser tab open. :( Didn't have my headphones on so I missed the ding from Octoshop that was 8 minutes late apparently as well. Was able to hit "Add to Cart" about 20 minutes later when it hit again, but of course got the hate message that it wasn't actually in my cart and to keep trying.
Buy something from newegg and buy the extended warranty + expedited shipping then return it after you get your shuffle on ;)

Since everything is out of stock online and in store, don't forget to check offerup and craigslist.
Scalpers want top dollar for current gen cards, but some decent older cards might be available for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
The pent up demand has been satisfied by the current production for that model (5600x, too, apparently). Newegg listed the 5800 and 5600 on their regular site yesterday because, presumably, they weren't in strong demand on shuffle anymore.

Hopefully we can see that kind of return to normalcy with regard to stock for the Radeon 6000 and RTX 3000 series GPUs soon.

How often does newegg do the gpu shuffle? Is this weekly or whatever they have left over after they sold all their inventory to the miners 😅

lol god. No Newegg shuffle today and the BB drop yesterday lasted all of 5 minutes. What a release for the RTX 3060!~

How often does newegg do the gpu shuffle? Is this weekly or whatever they have left over after they sold all their inventory to the miners 😅
It seems to be just whenever they have stock. Some weeks they'll have several days with GPUs, and in some weeks they'll only have one or two days of shuffle at all, and almost no GPUs.

They also seem to kind of come in waves. Like some days they'll have several Radeon 6000 cards then others they'll have several 3070 cards. The ones they rarely have at all are the 3080 and 6800xt cards, and when they have them, they're very highly priced.

Last edited:
Is there anything wrong with the 5800X?
I don't really know but from what I've read it's the core count price/performance relative to the 5900x, gaming price/performance compared to the 5600x and there are claims of heat issues for the 5800x. The 5900x gives you 4 more cores for only 100 msrp if that's what you are looking for. The 5600x is obviously cheaper and from reviews and general consensus fits the need for building a gaming rig.

I don't really know but from what I've read it's the core count price/performance relative to the 5900x, gaming price/performance compared to the 5600x and there are claims of heat issues for the 5800x. The 5900x gives you 4 more cores for only 100 msrp if that's what you are looking for. The 5600x is obviously cheaper and from reviews and general consensus fits the need for building a gaming rig.
Ive been thinking about the 5900x, but havent seen any. 50% more core at 18% higher msrp has had me looking for one though.
My 5800x is sill sealed while I look. Or I might get the 5600x instead even. Because as you mentioned the potential for heat issues. Ill be in an NR200 so tight space for a heated cpu.
This is only my 2nd build so Im not an expert and my previous was a Phenom 550BE unlocked to 4 cores in a huge storm sniper case with lots of airflow

Exactly

There is no drop. Only Zuul.
B1bHGob.gif

I have one 5600x already that I payed over MSRP .. So finding those cpu's at MSRP was a rush for sure and I did buy another 5600x from that link and it's already shipped from Newegg .. I may pull my 3700x on the x470 and run that 5600x on it or just use it for trade bait for the up coming 6700XT ..

but , I hope some of you guys got the 5600x at MSRP as it showed 5 remaining when I posted the link.

They can't give away the 5800x. If this were a normal market they would probably be selling them for half price by now.
Think of it as what the 3700x became and I would run a 5800x myself if I had one .. MSRP is a Deal on the 5800x as it's been selling for + $80- 100 for a while now ..

Think of it as what the 3700x became and I would run a 5800x myself if I had one .. MSRP is a Deal on the 5800x as it's been selling for + $80- 100 for a while now ..
They (5800x) are available periodically Directly from AMD.
I forgot who Posted the link, btu I grabbed one about 2 weeks ago.
Im feeling like I want the 5900x now though.

They (5800x) are available periodically Directly from AMD.
I forgot who Posted the link, btu I grabbed one about 2 weeks ago.
Im feeling like I want the 5900x now though.
Periodically? You mean daily. I don't think there was an hour yesterday that I couldn't have logged on and bought a 5800x on amd's site for $449 with free shipping. Nobody really wants the 5800x but it's the only thing that shows in stock for them to buy most of the time...

I keep trying for a 5950x on the shuffle when it's there. I don't need it now, but I tend to keep my cpus for 7 or 8 years. I'd move my 3950x over to my server and sell the 3900x that's in there now. I'm not dying for one, but will take one at retail should the opportunity present itself. I figure the next available upgrade for me will be DDR5 or even DDR6 based.

Well, if you're not completely burnt out from looking at $500 3060s yet, Newegg has a bunch of them on shuffle today along with the Ryzen 5900X and a Radeon 6800XT and a Radeon 6900XT. As someone not interested in paying these kinds of prices and not in need of a 5900x I think I'll pass on today's fare.
1614621659233.png

1614621689049.png

^^^ and there are the "post-tariff" prices for those Nvidia apologists saying that the tariffs were baked into the $329 price point.

^^^ and there are the "post-tariff" prices for those Nvidia apologists saying that the tariffs were baked into the $329 price point.
$329 models exist, just none listed today, though I'm guessing the card manufacturers won't be putting much of their stock into them. That EVGA charges an extra $70 for a small overclock and a backplate is pretty irritating.

$329 models exist, just none listed today, though I'm guessing the card manufacturers won't be putting much of their stock into them. That EVGA charges an extra $70 for a small overclock and a backplate is pretty irritating.

News flash...you'll likely NEVER see $329 cards again after launch. Why would any of these manufacturers make $329 cards when they can make $400-500 cards with a significantly higher margin. I learned my lesson from EVGA queue system. The only cards that move in the queue are the expensive ones. If you want anything other than the "Ultra" whatever they are peddling, the queue doesn't move (this from a Day one regular "Gaming / non-ultra" queue card that simply isn't being made. You mean to tell me that the Ultra queues are moving months down the road in terms of date added to the list, but they can't get to other SKUs day one notifies?

Nvidia requires a certain number of SKUs to be sold at the "MSRP" (hence the $329 cards), but after that its game on in terms of inflated pricing. Look at the Zotac Twin Gaming cards. The regular non-OC card was $329. The OC version of the SAME card was $499.

$329 is an illusion.

News flash...you'll likely NEVER see $329 cards again after launch. Why would any of these manufacturers make $329 cards when they can make $400-500 cards with a significantly higher margin. I learned my lesson from EVGA queue system. The only cards that move in the queue are the expensive ones. If you want anything other than the "Ultra" whatever they are peddling, the queue doesn't move (this from a Day one regular "Gaming / non-ultra" queue card that simply isn't being made. You mean to tell me that the Ultra queues are moving months down the road in terms of date added to the list, but they can't get to other SKUs day one notifies?

Nvidia requires a certain number of SKUs to be sold at the "MSRP" (hence the $329 cards), but after that its game on in terms of inflated pricing. Look at the Zotac Twin Gaming cards. The regular non-OC card was $329. The OC version of the SAME card was $499.

$329 is an illusion.
I agree that we won't see many of the $329 cards, but I think the card manufacturers are reaching too far with all of the $500+ 3060s. The 3080 (big performance gains) and 3060TI (super value) have made them very hard to come by, but I doubt 3060 will have quite that level of demand. And considering the die size on these is much smaller then the yield per wafer should be much higher with a lower percentage of dies lost to defect. I wouldn't be shocked if the 3060 at $329 is by far the easiest of the available MSRP 30 series cards to get within a month or two.

I agree that we won't see many of the $329 cards, but I think the card manufacturers are reaching too far with all of the $500+ 3060s. The 3080 (big performance gains) and 3060TI (super value) have made them very hard to come by, but I doubt 3060 will have quite that level of demand. And considering the die size on these is much smaller then the yield per wafer should be much higher with a lower percentage of dies lost to defect. I wouldn't be shocked if the 3060 at $329 is by far the easiest of the available MSRP 30 series cards to get within a month or two.

It's definitely an overreach. Especially since the 2060 Super was a $399 card and this new 3060 basically has the same performance, but I think the 3060 pricing will be closer to $400 rather than $329 when stock is available.

The real price of a 3060Ti isn't $399 either unless you happen to win the FE Bestbuy lottery. Most AIBs have them closer to $600 than $400. Plus, the same thing goes with them. Why would they use a GA104 die for a 3060Ti when they can use it for a 3070 and get another $100 of profit. Remember, a lot of these cards use the exact same cooler and memory between the 3060Ti and the 3070. The only real difference between the two is the number of active GA104 shader units and the $100 difference in price.

When it all shakes out, I'd think you'll see 3070s being the most available card.

$329 models exist, just none listed today, though I'm guessing the card manufacturers won't be putting much of their stock into them. That EVGA charges an extra $70 for a small overclock and a backplate is pretty
You need to make peace with the market, you'll be very very lucky to be afforded the opportunity to buy one at the price..

You need to make peace with the market, you'll be very very lucky to be afforded the opportunity to buy one at the price..
I'm not interested in a 3060 at higher than $329, and at that price my interest would be pretty tepid. I'd easily rather pay $700+ for a 3070 or $900+ for a 3080 than $400+ for a 3060. The performance gains just aren't there for me. If I can't get a video card until next year that's fine, I can live with what I have right now, I just won't be playing Cyberpunk 2077 or anything.

Nah, you can just ignore the market and declare that it's not for you. Which is kind of what I'm doing. People willing to spend so much more than I am to the point that manufacturers would be stupid to not to cash in on that, yeah I don't like it but I'm also not going to play that game. I have a computer that works, a big upgrade would be nice but it really isn't a necessity right now.

Why would they use a GA104 die for a 3060Ti when they can use it for a 3070 and get another $100 of profit.
Forgive my naivety here, but I thought it was because the silicon wasn't good enough for a 3070. Kind of the way various CPUs are binned which are essentially "identical" just something wrong with the silicone, physically disable cores, etc, and it works fine as a "slower" model, but it's not like it's an separate chipset.

Forgive my naivety here, but I thought it was because the silicon wasn't good enough for a 3070. Kind of the way various CPUs are binned which are essentially "identical" just something wrong with the silicone, physically disable cores, etc, and it works fine as a "slower" model, but it's not like it's an separate chipset.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think it's all about how good the yields are on GA 104 which is the basis for both of those cards.

Got selected for a 5900x, if any one wants it ~ cost PM me, otherwise will not bother. Not looking to scalp and will have it shipped to you directly.

On a bright note, 5900x prices on the bay are approaching 700 shipped which means the market is saturated (cost is 600 with tax in most places so the seller is breaking even in these cases) and these should go GA like the 5800x soon :)

Last edited:
Back