[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

The Newegg Shuffle is back. I bet everyone can "win" now.

1659968016406.png

Last edited:
The 6600 is worth the $250 if someone needs a decent video card. The rest of them will probably be eclipsed by new products within a few months.

The 6600 is worth the $250 if someone needs a decent video card. The rest of them will probably be eclipsed by new products within a few months.
I still don't understand why the 6600XT is $250 but the 6700XT is twice that price around $500. Can't be that much of a performance increase.

I still don't understand why the 6600XT is $250 but the 6700XT is twice that price around $500. Can't be that much of a performance increase.
6600 is $250, 6600xt is 299+. 6700 xts are also in the $430 range from a quick search. It's a messy field right now, but don't forget the non xt products in between.

EVGA had the 2060 12 GB for $250 this weekend. About 10% slower than the 6600 but more VRAM, raytracing perf, DLSS, etc. It seems to be suffering the same price crash as the 3080 12 GB and 3090 Ti, two other cards people hate lol.

I assume they are going to use this to push deeper discounts on some items - likely in limited quantities - so they can still capture higher prices as inventory and demand adjust.

If items fall below MSRP and "street" prices (lower than MSRP and relative to performance) then there may be some flash sales that are worth the clicks to Newegg.

I assume they are going to use this to push deeper discounts on some items - likely in limited quantities - so they can still capture higher prices as inventory and demand adjust.

If items fall below MSRP and "street" prices (lower than MSRP and relative to performance) then there may be some flash sales that are worth the clicks to Newegg.

Also another way to get these discounts in front of folks faces. I mean, we're talking about it....

That's the cheapest I have seen the Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F, and as someone toying with the idea of an upgrade it could push people to do so. It's not everyday that I go look at mobo prices on NewEgg, but if I all of a sudden I get an email about the Shuffle and it's the cheapest it's been, well maybe just maybe I jump in and buy it.

Today's shuffle seems to be almost all the same stuff from yesterday.
I entered for a few cards yesterday just because. Never got a notification about "winning" or not. Are they just repeating yesterday's stuff because that shuffle didn't work?

edit: maybe I messed up, I don't see a newegg email from yesterday confirming my entries. I have one for today.

Last edited:
No EVGA midweek discounts this week. Everything has free shipping, but no price cuts.
I added the phrase "Instant Rebate" to my alerts, in case the sale kicks in later today.

Last edited:
It was the insane demand from mining that drove both of those factors. In the past scalpers have taken advantage when there has been poor supply at launch but only for a couple of weeks on the hardest to get cards, they've also usually only marked them up a fraction of what they did for the last gen. Without tons of scalpers trying to buy cards and making tons of money on them there won't be the demand for the pay bots so less effort will go into updating them which will make them less effective.
The reality will unfortunately be a bit different. The scalpers are still there, and more thirsty than ever since supply has equalized and they're waiting for the next wave of something. The bot developers are also eagerto maintain their monthly subscription revenue, and still update very quickly. The checkout flow on Amazon, BestBuy, B&H, Walmart, Newegg won't really change just because 4000 series launches, so there really won't be much that even needs updating in autocheckout software. BestBuy will likely flip their Queue system back on, that's about it.

Ultimately it will be consumers that decide what the aftermarket pricing will be, just like always. Scalpers cannot create demand.

Scalpers cannot create demand.
They don't create demand but they prolong demand cycles and by reducing the supply side for a portion of customers creating a large ratio of demand to supply. So yeah they're not making 10x the people want said product, but by reducing supply to 1/10th of it's value for those unwilling to pay double or triple they are in effect creating demand, while not true demand the difference is still 10x more demand than supply which effectively is the same thing.

But I agree, all the online stores aren't going to do squat, except sell more of their "Total Advantage" plans that benefit scalpers the most.

Ultimately it will be consumers that decide what the aftermarket pricing will be, just like always. Scalpers cannot create demand.
That's basically what I said and without the extra demand from miners supply should catch up to demand pretty quickly like it always did in the past when mining wasn't a factor.

That's basically what I said and without the extra demand from miners supply should catch up to demand pretty quickly like it always did in the past when mining wasn't a factor.
Depends on the release volume. If they throw a few thousand "4090's" out there to keep their fastest gaming crown alive we may be looking at two quarters before supply catches up with demand.

Depends on the release volume. If they throw a few thousand "4090's" out there to keep their fastest gaming crown alive we may be looking at two quarters before supply catches up with demand.
I mean never say never and all that but I don't think we've ever had a launch shortage that lasted much more than a month or two when mining wasn't a factor.

Mining will still be a factor when 4000 launches. Not to the extent it was early 2021, but still.

Also GPUs aren't just about gaming and mining anymore - GPUs are the new CPUs and global compute demand is higher than ever, meaning the industries that use consumer GPUs for professional applications (rendering and visual FX, AI, scientific, robotic, automotive, medical) are proliferating - its orders of magnitude beyond just 3-5yrs ago.

Nvidia will also attempt to modulate the supply/demand curve to the maximum extent that carefully drip-feeding their AIB partners trays of GPU silicon will allow - to keep things moving, but only just barely.

This is all fairly predictable when considering historical data and herd behavior - downward pressure on current gen prices for many reasons ahead of an imminent new generation launch, then when people realize new gen is not easily attainable, price bounce on previous gen.

Last edited:
This is all fairly predictable when considering historical data and herd behavior - downward pressure on current gen prices for many reasons ahead of an imminent new generation launch, then when people realize new gen is not easily attainable, price bounce on previous gen.
100% agree. It seems like we are near the bottom most likely on most new ,not used, current gen cards price wise. If I was 2 gens back and looking I would get something now. Personally I’m only hunting for used stuff to upgrade a couple of my kids.

Last edited:
Mining will still be a factor when 4000 launches. Not to the extent it was early 2021, but still.

Also GPUs aren't just about gaming and mining anymore - GPUs are the new CPUs and global compute demand is higher than ever, meaning the industries that use consumer GPUs for professional applications (rendering and visual FX, AI, scientific, medical) are proliferating.

And then ofcourse Nvidia can and will slow walk supply according to the profit curve they feel will benefit them most.

I don't believe the new cards will be affected by mining. More then likely they will implement LHR on them from the start.

I don't believe the new cards will be affected by mining. More then likely they will implement LHR on them from the start.
And get broken by NiceHash in due time just like the LHR 3000 series.

Scalpers gunna scalp and miners gunna mine. If the current prices on BTC/ETH stay down I think the scalpers looking to cash in on the miners will be less, but it's still going to be a factor. Simply the fact that there are new cards coming out and the fact that more people want their hands on them for various reasons(gaming, scalping, mining, etc.) means we're going to see a shortage for a bit. I just hope that the Coin market stays down, sufficient stock will flow to the retailers and then the scalpers will realize it's not worth it. Then we'll see some normalcy. But only time will tell.

I think even with mining interest basically dead, the scalpers have noticed and aren't about to look the other way. I suspect through the holiday season at least, it will be a scalpers only paradise. It's still a highly desirable item they can monopolize the stock of, it's not like nvidia will launch with 10 million 4080s around the us. If the rumors are even close to true, and nvidia doesn't go bonkers on the price, this is the outcome. However if nvidia decides to go bonkers on price (think 2k for 4080) then yeah scalpers will be cut out of the market mostly but then we're right back to where we were with scalpers as far as pricing tiers go.

And get broken by NiceHash in due time just like the LHR 3000 series.

Scalpers gunna scalp and miners gunna mine. If the current prices on BTC/ETH stay down I think the scalpers looking to cash in on the miners will be less, but it's still going to be a factor. Simply the fact that there are new cards coming out and the fact that more people want their hands on them for various reasons(gaming, scalping, mining, etc.) means we're going to see a shortage for a bit. I just hope that the Coin market stays down, sufficient stock will flow to the retailers and then the scalpers will realize it's not worth it. Then we'll see some normalcy. But only time will tell.
How long it took them to break it last time? Took awhile. They probably going to lock them a different way that might be even harder to break. Mining is dead atm so I do not seeing it being a issue.

EVGA had the 2060 12 GB for $250 this weekend. About 10% slower than the 6600 but more VRAM, raytracing perf, DLSS, etc. It seems to be suffering the same price crash as the 3080 12 GB and 3090 Ti, two other cards people hate lol.
It should be suffering a bigger price crash as it is last gen Turing tech with a RAM bump that Nvida shoved out for the desperate. RT performance would be very similar between the two. AMD is pushing a game bundle.

It should be suffering a bigger price crash as it is last gen Turing tech with a RAM bump that Nvida shoved out for the desperate. RT performance would be very similar between the two. AMD is pushing a game bundle.
Down another $10 to $240 this weekend ($233 after code).
The 6 GB model is $204 after code.

Frankly AMD has nothing comparable in this price range unless you go to the secondhand market.

A quick glance at NewEgg shows me this RX6600 with Game bundle for $250
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-rad...on=rx6600&cm_re=rx6600-_-14-202-415-_-Product
I would take the faster card with game bundle.
It's 8% faster for 7% more money. The difference is smaller at higher resolutions.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-12-gb/31.html

You're also switching from EVGA to Sapphire, losing 1 year warranty and other bonuses like step-up which might actually be useful in the next 90 days.
The game bundle might be enough to swing it, though.

I'm 99% sure from his posts that he's getting paid by Nvidia to be a shill on forums.

I'm not joking.
I was simply saying the only GPU AMD has at the $200 price point is the 6500 XT which gets totally destroyed by the 2060 6 GB. The 6600 is $250.

I would still recommend BOTH the 2060 6 GB ($204) or 12 GB ($233) over the 6600 at $250. And if I were going to spend $250 on a GPU right now, I'd buy a used 2070.
The 6600 is the better choice if you were planning on buying the bundled games, you can effectively deduct those from the cost of the card.

Last edited:
Sign that prices are dropping? EVGA b-stock 3080 for $649, multiple ones earlier, and fast forward 8 hours still see at least one there. Just for those keeping track at home the MSRP for a 3080 (founders edition) is $699. So wow!

Back