[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Zotac's site is the best experience I've had so far. Best buy at least has some sort of queue (by GPU model instead of by customer) but then it is for in-store pickup only and restricts you geographically... after you select a card and queue so you wait and see and get denied over and over. Evga today was by far the worst, no queue or anything, just a mad dash of bots and people trying to get through 404s and random webpage errors.

They have the slightly cheaper 3060ti version for sale tonight. $620 + roughly $30 s/h (no tax unless in CA).
https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-twin-edge-oc-lhr
Definitely agree, Evga was absolute craziness too - I managed to click add on a 3080 before the site crashed during the initial b stock drop. Best Buy I got very close on with the countdown and everything but stalled ordering since it was a 3080 ti, I'm hoping they keep improving vs what we started with.

And Zotac, just amazing, haha, thank you so much again for the heads up, just glad to finally have a 3 series card on the way.

Zotac actually shipped the card today, their site is slammed. I really don't know how I even ordered it... Last night no queue etc. This whole process is a disaster on these sites.

Nice. How do you actually find the queue, I couldn't find any? I don't need one cause I have the Zotac Amp Box, just curious.

Zotac's site is the best experience I've had so far. Best buy at least has some sort of queue (by GPU model instead of by customer) but then it is for in-store pickup only and restricts you geographically... after you select a card and queue so you wait and see and get denied over and over. Evga today was by far the worst, no queue or anything, just a mad dash of bots and people trying to get through 404s and random webpage errors.

They have the slightly cheaper 3060ti version for sale tonight. $620 + roughly $30 s/h (no tax unless in CA).
https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-twin-edge-oc-lhr
You clearly didn't fight Zotac's site this time last year, it was EVGA on steroids and not in a good way 😒

Nice. How do you actually find the queue, I couldn't find any? I don't need one cause I have the Zotac Amp Box, just curious.
So last night at about 1am cst I randomly went to the Zotac store and there was a 3080 and 3090 both over msrp, but then was a random 3070 in stock as I looked over the list of cards (still a little over msrp) but not near as bad as scalpers and in stock. I added it to the cart and placed the order, it was just odd that it actually wasn't a mistake since I have had terrible luck any time I have tried to order a 3 series card through normal means.

Anyway, normally the site gets slammed during any drops so you get put in a queue to even enter the store site to view things is what we were mentioning (it's unfortunately not like the evga notify queues that sometimes work... I haven't had luck there either yet, haha).

So this store queue you sometimes have to wait 30min - 1 hour to view the store and once there you have a timer to checkout/stay on the site. So this was interesting that it was available hours later and I'm thinking it might have been a random left over from a canceled order from earlier or something because when I checked it this morning it was sold out. The way over priced 3080/90 were still there though.

Yeah, most weeknights in the evening 5-8pm EST at some point they'll start the queue. They let people into the site in order of when they solve the queue captcha and then trickle in a few different models randomly (usually seems to be 3080/3090 first and then a 3060ti/3070 near the end). When your number is called you have 5 mins to checkout whatever is available and after that you get kicked out and the next batch gets allowed in.

Got in amd queue, constant 503 on checkout. Just gonna be happy with the 6700xts I have and see if I can get more discounts from BB lol.

When should one stand in line at best buy? It says there should be some stock on Friday and tickets will be handed out 7am. When does a line start forming?

When should one stand in line at best buy? It says there should be some stock on Friday and tickets will be handed out 7am. When does a line start forming?
In all seriousness you need to drive by and find out what the line situation is. Now if you are an hour drive away and it makes no sense, then yeah you should have already gotten ready for your urban camping trip

Well folks won that shuffle earlier in the week and what happens? Someone stole it right out of the box. Had to be an employee, there's no chance a porch pirate messed with it. :(

Well folks won that shuffle earlier in the week and what happens? Someone stole it right out of the box. Had to be an employee, there's no chance a porch pirate messed with it. :(
Do you mean you got shipped an empty shipping box (literally got nothing at all), or do you mean you got shipped an empty product box (you got an empty EVGA box)?

Do you mean you got shipped an empty shipping box (literally got nothing at all), or do you mean you got shipped an empty product box (you got an empty EVGA box)?
It was kind of unbelievable. UPS guy drops off package at doorstep, I hear truck pulling away so I go pick it up. Box was clearly opened (had the 4 corner fold to keep it closed) and of course when I check inside the side of the GPU box was pulled open with no GPU inside.

You would think the delivery guy would have made an effort to contact me about the dodgy condition of the box. Talked to newegg and of course it's not in stock anymore (who would've guessed?!!!) so full refund I guess.

It was kind of unbelievable. UPS guy drops off package at doorstep, I hear truck pulling away so I go pick it up. Box was clearly opened (had the 4 corner fold to keep it closed) and of course when I check inside the side of the GPU box was pulled open with no GPU inside.

You would think the delivery guy would have made an effort to contact me about the dodgy condition of the box. Talked to newegg and of course it's not in stock anymore (who would've guessed?!!!) so full refund I guess.
Christ, what an asshole.

Newegg quite literally stopped shipping to our post office at one point because the mail clerks were stealing all the packages labeled newegg. I'm surprised they still ship with their logo on boxes anymore.

Newegg quite literally stopped shipping to our post office at one point because the mail clerks were stealing all the packages labeled newegg. I'm surprised they still ship with their logo on boxes anymore.
Wow that's sad. Good thing evga just does plain boxes.

Yeah, that really sucks getting ripped off. When I got my 3080 via the shuffle, UPS was playing games. The driver dropped off another box on our porch with a sticker saying they missed us for the required signature on the card. Never touched the doorbell as my wife was home. Then they tried to immediately divert it to CVS to hold for pick up. I called UPS and had them re-attempt delivery. Luckily, I got it the next day, with no signature required of course. The shipping label itself had EVGA name and model number on it. Talk about ripe for the plucking.

Yeah, that really sucks getting ripped off. When I got my 3080 via the shuffle, UPS was playing games. The driver dropped off another box on our porch with a sticker saying they missed us for the required signature on the card. Never touched the doorbell as my wife was home. Then they tried to immediately divert it to CVS to hold for pick up. I called UPS and had them re-attempt delivery. Luckily, I got it the next day, with no signature required of course. The shipping label itself had EVGA name and model number on it. Talk about ripe for the plucking.
Might've been fine. They actually do ID checks at hold for pickup locations and everything I order from Zotac goes to a hold for pickup if I'm not home. Lots of lazy/busy drivers lately who'll just throw a note up instead of ringing.

Another random B-stock evga drop. Had a 3070 in cart but sold out by the time I could check out :( :(

If you don't have medical insurance and have a few broken bones, it's gonna cost more than the gpu. Not worth it.

Depending your plan you could pay more in deductibles....

Zotac store has checks in place. Just put in an order for the 3070. After checking out and getting confirmation, message stated that only one order may be placed from one household within a 2 week timespan. We'll see if I get it lol

"Hey that's f*cking illegal" haha... umm what?

That said, some part of me is thinking that this is one of those "I put my chair there like 10 hours ago, that totally saved my spot in line" , either way yeah. Lawsuit against Bestbuy, Nvidia, etc, for allowing all of this to happen, I'll settle out of court for a 3060ti (not even gonna be greedy)

Zotac store has checks in place. Just put in an order for the 3070. After checking out and getting confirmation, message stated that only one order may be placed from one household within a 2 week timespan. We'll see if I get it lol
Wow 2 whole weeks eh? So basically wait until the next drop? Or have they been dropping more frequently?

Best Buy fight, Costa Mesa, CA - 9/30/2021 -- an hour ago

click for the SHOCKING video (it will SHOCK you)
1633060745515.png

1633049984196.png

Last edited:
Wow 2 whole weeks eh? So basically wait until the next drop? Or have they been dropping more frequently?

Recent zotac drops. These don't include the ones that pop up on amazon which seems to be everyday.
9/18
9/21
9/22
9/23
9/25
9/28
9/29

These videos are hilarious but not unexpected. First 30 or so get 3080s and next 30 or so get 3070s which explains why these jobless losers camp and then fight for those first 50 or so spots. They have by far the best scalping margins.

I managed to get a 3090 and showed up at 5am because it has one of the worst scalper margins of all the FEs. 3080Ti and 3070Ti also seem to be available even if you line up late. Unemployed people have low credit limits I guess!!!

These videos are hilarious but not unexpected. First 30 or so get 3080s and next 30 or so get 3070s which explains why these jobless losers camp and then fight for those first 50 or so spots. They have by far the best scalping margins.

I managed to get a 3090 and showed up at 5am because it has one of the worst scalper margins of all the FEs. 3080Ti and 3070Ti also seem to be available even if you line up late. Unemployed people have low credit limits I guess!!!
Back in August I arrived at 0930 (two hours after the tickets were handed out) and still got a 3090 FE with basically one person in front of me before walking in. They had extras of the 3090's and people were walking away when that was all that was left. Anyone not getting a 3090 in that situation is for sure either on their parents' budget or a POS poor scalper. Get a 3080 for $1300-1500 online, or get a 3090 for a similar price in person within 5 minutes.
... Tough decision.

Last edited:
Back in August I arrived at 0930 and got a 3090 FE with basically one person in front of me. They had extras and people were walking away when that was all that was left. Anyone not getting a 3090 in that situation is for sure either on their parents' budget or a POS poor scalper. Get a 3080 for $1300-1500 online, or get a 3090 for a similar price in person within 5 minutes.
... Tough decision.
Yeah... If I attempted the lines/did what you did, I'd for sure be walking out w/ the 3090 if that's all that is left especially at retail msrp.

Yeah... If I attempted the lines/did what you did, I'd for sure be walking out w/ the 3090 if that's all that is left especially at retail msrp.
I chose to get the 3090 over a 3080 solely on the basis that I spent 30 minutes driving there and 5 minutes from the time I parked my car to the time I left the parking lot. I'm convinced that poverty-stricken scalpers are the only ones that would devote that much time and effort and leave with nothing short of a 3070 or 3080. Starting to think that everyone who wants a 3000 series card to play games has already gotten one based on the availability of 3090's and the fact that 3080's are being scalped for nearly the same price.

Last edited:
Back