[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

If for some reason, you've been putting off the purchase of 4060 ti 8gb version, then watch out for deals on offer.

The card is facing pricing pressure due to the 16GB 7600xt. (The 7600xt is in general the weaker card except when you need more textures are facing issues in 1% frametimes due to insufficient VRAM)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/gpu-prices-dropping-from-super-refresh/

If you are looking for RT performance it would be a good option to compare vs the 7700xt.

BB has one 4060Ti 8GB version under $350.

1707218222370.png

While its nice to see the founders cards available direct however its getting late in the cycle and I imagine a lot of buyers already have something. AND, there is the whole world going to shit thing... Seriously , buckle up and save your resources for your family and yourself. Invest in food , precious metals such as brass and lead and if possible clear debts. Or I suppose one could party like its 1929 and get that 4090!! YOLO :ROFLMAO:

I was an intern for a large enterprise before Y2K, and my manager told us that the end of the world was coming. It was all hands on deck, and we had to work through midnight. As the clock ticked past midnight, I grabbed a slice of pizza while everyone was looking on anxiously. Nothing happened. 1 a.m.: Another slice of pizza for me. Nothing happened, still. It was quite entertaining, though.

I kind of knew it was all BS anyway because I went from workstation to workstation to patch the software and everything was fine. I even updated numerous local FoxPro and Access "databases".

I have been hearing the end is coming every few years, but I am still here... Will this time be any different? Should I get another pizza to wait this one out? When will it happen, anyway?

Hey one of those days ya know. Y2K was wild. I was working my first job out of college back then and they had all these old programmers in to patch out mainframes because they were in COBOL. The year was only 2 digits in our software so the fear was it would roll to 00 and think it’s 1900 and not 2000. Hilarious. Anyway hope for the best plan for the worst right?

Hey one of those days ya know. Y2K was wild. I was working my first job out of college back then and they had all these old programmers in to patch out mainframes because they were in COBOL. The year was only 2 digits in our software so the fear was it would roll to 00 and think it’s 1900 and not 2000. Hilarious. Anyway hope for the best plan for the worst right?
Yeah there were the patchers and then there were the upgraders. Tons of money was made for DB and ERP migration to SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft etc., good times before the dotcom bubble bursting and people were certainly partying like it was 1999.

As for saving for doomsday and tough times, we've been hearing that for the last 2 years or so and while times have gotten leaner and tougher for a few years, they've gotten better since their peak about a year ago. 2022-2023 was definitely the time to tighten the belt buckle and if you made it through that you should be in pretty good shape to take advantage of some of the price corrections that are occurring now. Tech prices (other than SSDs in the last 6 months) have all been great for upgraders for over a year, TV prices are great, bulk items like all the random huge crap from Costco are way back down and food and gas prices have been steadily declining and returning to normal. Even car prices for new and used cars has corrected and while interest rates still suck, there are dealer incentives on those too for lower demand makes/models. The two areas that haven't recovered, and probably won't recover anytime soon if ever is eating out (due to cost of labor) and home prices due to real estate market prices and high interest rates. I'm optimistic about interest rates coming down but they aren't going to come anywhere close to what we re-financed to during Covid anytime soon.

Personally I've adjusted pretty well, we just didn't buy the stuff that was hiked in price when it came to food, bought what was on sale and froze good deals on meat (memorizing prices on ribs, prime brisket, pork shoulder etc, all helps) bought a huge kamado smoker and sous vide kit instead of eating out so much, held off on buying the new family car, any bulk items we didn't need immediately, held off on the OLED TV etc. We did replace almost all of our appliances during Covid but that was before prices skyrocketed and BB was offering great deals on delivery/install/rebates so that was worth it.

So while its not full YOLO over here lol, we're definitely not holding off on some of the purchases we held off on over the last 2 years or so, I guess as we get older we all have to balance waiting vs. utility.

Back