[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Does anyone have direct links to Amazon prime ( meaning ship and sold from Amazon ) 3080 cards?

I don’t care what kind, or what brand. Just looking for stuff Amazon directly sells at regular msrp

anytime I search 3080 on Amazon im not finding any Amazon ship/sold 3080’s of any kind, just shitty way overpriced 3rd party stuff

Does anyone have direct links to Amazon prime ( meaning ship and sold from Amazon ) 3080 cards?

I don’t care what kind, or what brand. Just looking for stuff Amazon directly sells at regular msrp

anytime I search 3080 on Amazon im not finding any Amazon ship/sold 3080’s of any kind, just shitty way overpriced 3rd party stuff
Yeah I’m also curious what peoples’ strategies are for Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I’m also curious what peoples’ strategies are for Amazon

Add the processors to your wish-list and just refresh from there. "Add to Cart" will show up when it's in stock and shipped by amazon, otherwise you'll see out of stock or "see all buying options" or something like that.

There's a reason why you're only seeing overpriced 3rd party stuff, that's all that is currently available. Amazon doesn't show you what they have only, that's not their business model, they show you what is available and then its your job to filter the results.

Although one thing you can do is type into a search bar what you want, e.g. 'nvidia 3080' and then click the little box over on the left that says "amazon prime" and if they have something it will show up with a price, if they don't it won't show a price because it's nothing but a bunch of 3rd party sellers. That said, you won't see anything with a price because nothing is available, it's not just Amazon either there literally are no places to buy these cards unless you get lucky enough to refresh a page when products drop.

Did anyone that caught the Walmart Ryzen 9 5950x drop get a shipping notification yet?

Amazon hides product pages of high-demand stuff from keyword-search results when it's OOS. So you either have to search by ASIN, or backdoor with a google search on keyword (ie "amazon Aorus RTX 3080"), and then click what's usually the top amazon.com result.

There's also a maintained google doc here, at the bottom of which is a master list of Amazon ASIN's for all the Ampere, Radeon and PS5/Xbox items. The doc itself is a step-by-step setup guide for running your own freeware auto-buy script for Amazon (a.k.a. "FairGame") - takes five minutes.

Last edited:
Best Buy has finally jumped above MSRP judging by the pricing they're showing for all their Radeons including Polaris stuff.
That was inevitable. Expect to see all venders jack up prices in the next 2 months. I'm sure vendors see what idiots will pay scalpers on Ebay and want in on that action.

I'm sitting on a 1070 and RX480 thinking FT, and I'll chug for maybe 4 years on these cards until they are covered in verdigris before I upgrade. Didn't want to support the next administration's economy anyway. So maybe I owe Scalpers, AMD & Nvidia a "thank you" for an abysmal supply.
I was white hot ready to buy a 6800XT, but MC manager said likely wont be easy to buy until April.
APRIL???
By then I just won't give a damn.

Walmart officially told me to eat dirt with my 5950x order just 1 day before it was due to be delivered. They're claiming it's on backorder so who knows when I'll get this (if ever). Happy New Year all! :oops:

Walmart officially told me to eat dirt with my 5950x order just 1 day before it was due to be delivered. They're claiming it's on backorder so who knows when I'll get this (if ever). Happy New Year all! :oops:
Mine doesn't look likely to ship soon either, ah well saving me $400 for something that would have provided marginal value at best over the 5800x in my use cases.

i hear B and H have issue fufilling back orders and often drop the ball or cause months long delays

i hear B and H have issue fufilling back orders and often drop the ball or cause months long delays
Yeah, they're not afraid to stack up pre-orders. The good news is you can always just cancel later if you manage to get something else sooner.

Bestbuy keeps dropping Ryzen 9 processors but only for in store pickup and of course the stores in my area aren't included. 🤦‍♂️

Bestbuy keeps dropping Ryzen 9 processors but only for in store pickup and of course the stores in my area aren't included. 🤦‍♂️
I tried about 30 different locations for a 5600X I had in my cart - no go.

I got super lucky today. First got a Zotac 3090 then a 3090 FE from Best buy. Both thanks to the discord notifications. Almost impossible to get any new GPU without the discord notifications. I will be returning/cancelling the Zotac.

I got super lucky today. First got a Zotac 3090 then a 3090 FE from Best buy. Both thanks to the discord notifications. Almost impossible to get any new GPU without the discord notifications. I will be returning/cancelling the Zotac.
So, di you just sit in a channel and it pops? Then you log in wherever and order? That how it works? More or less just camp out at the computer?

So, di you just sit in a channel and it pops? Then you log in wherever and order? That how it works? More or less just camp out at the computer?
I don't camp out in discords. I set the notifications and wait for the notifications on cell phone app. Then simply use link in notification to get to product. You have to be fast though. I was doing samething for few days with no luck; Just got lucky today since I literally was able to jump on it as soon as the notification hit my phone.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I don't camp out in discords. I set the notifications and wait for the notifications on cell phone app. Then simply use link in notification to get to product. You have to be fast though. I was doing samething for few days with no luck; Just got lucky today since I literally was able to jump on it as soon as the notification hit my phone.
pleh. I use a dumb phone.

2022 it is then. XD

Sorry im late to this discord party that i know nothing about. How does one join in on this?

Sorry im late to this discord party that i know nothing about. How does one join in on this?

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord? You'll need to make an account and ideally grab a client (mobile or desktop) from https://discord.com/ ; it has a web client too, but I am not sure how it fares with notifications like this. Most of these communities for notifications on hardware drops use it, but I suggest you (and anyone else interested) use this invite link - https://discord.gg/KQ6VNnguRG - which will take you to a community called Snail Monitor. (Link updated - the old one may have expired!)

Go into the "read me" channel and check out the rules, and then to the "setup-alerts" channel. There, you basically click on the little icon (called an "emote") for the kind of hardware you want to be notified for. Pick as many as you like - 3090, 3080, 6800XT, Dark Hero, 5900X, 5950X etc.. Basically, the community runs bots behind the scenes that, when they detect a store has them available, you'll get a notification ping (a number in a red bubble) on the channel for that store. Going to the channel for the store, find the highlighted items and decide which you want (ie picking 3080 will mean every 3080 model will be notified, so you'll have to look to see what arrived and which links to follow if you only want EVGA or Asus etc). For "free" you can look at the Newegg notifications and Neweg Combos, but the other stuff (Amazon, BestBuy etc) means you'll either need to become a Patreon subscriber and/or invite others to the channel. I suggest we set up some sort of "invite tree" for patron status that everyone can use one link until they get enough (currently 5) to get free patron status, and then move to the next person.

There are other communities too but I've seen the most and earliest notifications from this one so far. Some of the other posts here reference other communities, plus running your own bot if you want to go that far.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the chat program Discord? You'll need to make an account and ideally grab a client (mobile or desktop) from https://discord.com/ ; it has a web client too, but I am not sure how it fares with notifications like this. Most of these communities for notifications on hardware drops use it, but I suggest you (and anyone else interested) use this invite link - https://discord.gg/2YsZxRnf - which will take you to a community called Snail Monitor.

Go into the "read me" channel and check out the rules, and then to the "setup-alerts" channel. There, you basically click on the little icon (called an "emote") for the kind of hardware you want to be notified for. Pick as many as you like - 3090, 3080, 6800XT, Dark Hero, 5900X, 5950X etc.. Basically, the community runs bots behind the scenes that, when they detect a store has them available, you'll get a notification ping (a number in a red bubble) on the channel for that store. Going to the channel for the store, find the highlighted items and decide which you want (ie picking 3080 will mean every 3080 model will be notified, so you'll have to look to see what arrived and which links to follow if you only want EVGA or Asus etc). For "free" you can look at the Newegg notifications and Neweg Combos, but the other stuff (Amazon, BestBuy etc) means you'll either need to become a Patreon subscriber and/or invite others to the channel. I suggest we set up some sort of "invite tree" for patron status that everyone can use one link until they get enough (currently 5) to get free patron status, and then move to the next person.

There are other communities too but I've seen the most and earliest notifications from this one so far. Some of the other posts here reference other communities, plus running your own bot if you want to go that far.
To piggy back on RanceJustice, include https://discord.gg/nYmx9Z2F (ATR - STONKS). Unlike Snail monitor, for free you get notifications from not just Newegg. It's where I've had the best luck with Bestbuy and manufacture's direct stores.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord? You'll need to make an account and ideally grab a client (mobile or desktop) from https://discord.com/ ; it has a web client too, but I am not sure how it fares with notifications like this. Most of these communities for notifications on hardware drops use it, but I suggest you (and anyone else interested) use this invite link - https://discord.gg/2YsZxRnf - which will take you to a community called Snail Monitor.

thank you for explaining bud, I’ll join in a few moments. I have discord on mobile and desktop. I’m familiar with the app but never used to chase down parts

1609888896448.png

I've never used Discord before, so i'll ask a dumb question - you click on the icons below the post (e.g. the three i've clicked in the screenshot above) and that's all you need to do to setup notifications?

View attachment 316218

I've never used Discord before, so i'll ask a dumb question - you click on the icons below the post (e.g. the three i've clicked in the screenshot above) and that's all you need to do to setup notifications?

yes, then you have to go to notification settings and allow @mentions only. Also, if its running on both your desktop and phone (discord i mean) at the same time, alerts may not come through.

yes, then you have to go to notification settings and allow @mentions only. Also, if its running on both your desktop and phone (discord i mean) at the same time, alerts may not come through.

Yep, he's correct. Remember that there is a difference between "per server" notification settings , global ones, and the various buttons that suppress notifications and messages per channel. When they mean allow "@mentions" in this context, it means that those emotes/icons you checked signed you up for the bot which will ping your name "@porter_#3445" (or whatever your discord ID is. Note this is different from your display name which you can change anytime) whenever one of the new drops shows up - basically telling your Discord client "Hey, someone is specifically talking about/to you!" so you get the notification icon on the pertinent channel, the post highlighted, a pop-up etc.

In order to do this on a per-server basis, go up to the server name (ie click on where it says Snail Monitor in the top left hand corner) which should provide a dropdown with a few options like "server boost", "invite people", "notification settings" , "privacy settings" etc. Click on "notification settings" . This will open a little window with a few options. The one you need to be concerned with the most is usually the second or third down "Server notification settings" . It has an option for either "All messages", "@mentions" , or "nothing" - you want "@mentions". You dont have to worry about the rest (many will be turned off), but especially if you're going to use a mobile Discord client too, scroll down and make sure that "Mobile Push Notifications" is turned on .

That should get you set up - its a similar configuration for most other in-stock notification Discord communities.

Yep, he's correct. Remember that there is a difference between "per server" notification settings , global ones, and the various buttons that suppress notifications and messages per channel. When they mean allow "@mentions" in this context, it means that those emotes/icons you checked signed you up for the bot which will ping your name "@porter_#3445" (or whatever your discord ID is. Note this is different from your display name which you can change anytime) whenever one of the new drops shows up - basically telling your Discord client "Hey, someone is specifically talking about/to you!" so you get the notification icon on the pertinent channel, the post highlighted, a pop-up etc.

In order to do this on a per-server basis, go up to the server name (ie click on where it says Snail Monitor in the top left hand corner) which should provide a dropdown with a few options like "server boost", "invite people", "notification settings" , "privacy settings" etc. Click on "notification settings" . This will open a little window with a few options. The one you need to be concerned with the most is usually the second or third down "Server notification settings" . It has an option for either "All messages", "@mentions" , or "nothing" - you want "@mentions". You dont have to worry about the rest (many will be turned off), but especially if you're going to use a mobile Discord client too, scroll down and make sure that "Mobile Push Notifications" is turned on .

That should get you set up - its a similar configuration for most other in-stock notification Discord communities.
Does Discord on Android give sound notifications? I'm getting a notification icon, but no audio notification on my phone, which makes it pointless. I don't have Discord installed or running anywhere else.

Does Discord on Android give sound notifications? I'm getting a notification icon, but no audio notification on my phone, which makes it pointless. I don't have Discord installed or running anywhere else.

Hmm, it should. If its set up properly to give notifications in the first place (as discussed above), I'd check your phone's permissions and settings for notifications, as well as audio settings for notifications on your phone. If either Discord doesn't have the permissions to provide Android push notifications (from Android itself, for the Discord app) or if notifications are quiet/silent, or if the per-app volume is all the way down.. you may not hear anything. Try checking those kinds of things because as I recall it can, like any other Android app with permissions and settings, create "normal" push notifications including with an audio component.

Hmm, it should. If its set up properly to give notifications in the first place (as discussed above), I'd check your phone's permissions and settings for notifications, as well as audio settings for notifications on your phone. If either Discord doesn't have the permissions to provide Android push notifications (from Android itself, for the Discord app) or if notifications are quiet/silent, or if the per-app volume is all the way down.. you may not hear anything. Try checking those kinds of things because as I recall it can, like any other Android app with permissions and settings, create "normal" push notifications including with an audio component.
On my iPhone the notification sound for Discord is pretty quiet/unobtrusive relative to other app notifications. I keep my phone’s global volume level up so I can hear it, so my Ring doorbell notifications are deafening which I’m sure my wife/kids/coworkers-on-Teams-calls will all love today :D

you have to be Johnny-on-the-spot for these 5600X discord notifications. I literally click the link as soon as I get the mobile notification, add to my Amazon cart (already logged in), and it’s gone. All over the course of about 3 seconds. These must be ‘false alarm’ blips or a single return that is snatched up by a bot?

On my iPhone the notification sound for Discord is pretty quiet/unobtrusive relative to other app notifications. I keep my phone’s global volume level up so I can hear it, so my Ring doorbell notifications are deafening which I’m sure my wife/kids/coworkers-on-Teams-calls will all love today :D

you have to be Johnny-on-the-spot for these 5600X discord notifications. I literally click the link as soon as I get the mobile notification, add to my Amazon cart (already logged in), and it’s gone. All over the course of about 3 seconds. These must be ‘false alarm’ blips or a single return that is snatched up by a bot?

Sometimes they're actually being bought out by a bot, other times its just everyone else in a clicking frenzy. Some suggest that instead of adding to cart, you may want to set up one-click purchase for Amazon. Note that the "best practices" are a little bit different for every store. Here's what I've learned thus far...

Newegg - Things are scooped up quite quickly here. Using PayPal to check out is preferable, be sure to be logged in your Newegg account from the start. Sometimes it helps to refresh the page if you don't get the button to add to cart. Newegg has both individual items plus combo deals - some trackers show them in a separate channel, like Snail does. Note you can NOT simply return the "extra" item in the combo by itself, so only buy that way if you are willing to keep/resell etc the other item as well. Newegg items drop round the clock but I think they've had bigger issues of new items at 7:00 - 8:00 both AM and PM. Regrettably, they seem to be one of the first to have instituted 2021 prices and/or hikes in general on some items, but there are still some deals depending on particular item and brand. Some say using ApplePay and/or the NeweggApp is the fastest way, for those interested. Oh by the way, I should mention that Snail Monitor sells access to the auto-purchase bots they're running that go through Newegg exclusively (I think?), but at $100 / month, I can't imagine its a good value unless you have no time to monitor for drops , are purchasing en masse

Amazon - Somewhat hard to get , but you can click through (or use one click) swiftly. Be VERY careful that you don't accidentally click buy if it gets substituted for a 3rd party seller at a vastly higher price, but Amazon themselves has solid pricing and of course, delivery. So far I've seen items on Amazon have the "old, pre-2021 price hike" prices at times. Amazon drops throughout the day, not sure about any particular days. I think you're likely to get new stock through the late morning to early afternoon (ie 11am-3pm) but there are drops at all times of day. Not sure if the Amazon mobile app makes a big difference here or not. I should also mention I'm Prime, so if there's some difference for those without it I may not be aware.

BestBuy - Noteworthy for having one of the relatively effective anti-bot checkouts, BestBuy seems to drop new in-demand items relatively infrequently. Their drops tend to come on Tuesdays, some day every 2 weeks - we just had one yesterday on the 5th for instance. At least at the time, they were selling items - even Asus - at pre 2021 MSRP so that was great. Not sure if that will continue in the next one. Their checkout is setup a little differently; be sure to be logged in to BestBuy regardless. Then, when you are notified or you think its around time for a drop on the items you desire, go to the item's page. The button to add to cart will initially appear yellow and clickable, but when you do so it will likely turn gray again and a little pop-up will talk about their anti-bot system saying something like "This button will turn yellow again soon, we're releasing inventory every little while throughout the day so as soon as it turns yellow click and check out ASAP! Good luck!" , explaining the system. Sure enough, sit there and wait for a few minutes and you're likely to be able to add it to cart and - unlike some others - once you get it into the cart at this poiint it SEEMS unlikely to be swiped out from under your nose during checkout. Oh, be wary that when adding something to cart you often get a pop-up for a protection plan or other addon crap - just be sure to click no and move on swiftly.

B&H Photo/Video - I've not gotten or even really attempted to buy from here yet. Doesn't seem to be as frequently notified as in stock as others and I've been told they are majorly backordered / cancel items. Maybe others have had better experiences here and/or are more familiar with them

Microcenter - The last major "real" brick and morter enthusiast computing store chain; relatively few of them though, so depending where you live its possible there may not be one within an hour's drive of you. It seems nearly impossible to order any of the desirable items from Microcenter online, but if you have one in driving distance, that's another venue. THere's a whole separate thing for how some of the most desirable items take essentially camping out so you're there early in the morning, the manager will tell you what is scheduled to be delivered that day and give you a "voucher" for it; it seems to vary between individual stores the policy and procedures. You'll not get proper notifications for Microcenter (on Snail or many others) , as the channel posts possible restocks based on specific MC store locations and as far as I'm aware you can't order from an out of area store online and get it shipped to you. However, its good to monitor to see what each store has been getting every so often. If you're interested going to a MC in person, there are whole communities focused on it specifically and have sub-channels for each store location where people share their experience. https://discord.gg/W438Vz2 - Just a single link in this case.

So I hope this helps everyone. By the way, whomever has used my invite link above to Snail Monitor thank you - I only need 2 more invites (that they deem legitimate) to get qualified for their premium tier! I'm amending my link and this one in theory shouldn't expire - default invites seem to expire in 1 day (its in the small print, but you can change them to be shorter or longer) , Here's the new one - https://discord.gg/KQ6VNnguRG (Snail Monitor). When I get my referrer status confirmed, I can swap my link to someone else until they have enough and so on :) Thanks!

Amazon hides product pages of high-demand stuff from keyword-search results when it's OOS. So you either have to search by ASIN, or backdoor with a google search on keyword (ie "amazon Aorus RTX 3080"), and then click what's usually the top amazon.com result.

There's also a maintained google doc here, at the bottom of which is a master list of Amazon ASIN's for all the Ampere, Radeon and PS5/Xbox items. The doc itself is a step-by-step setup guide for running your own freeware auto-buy script for Amazon (a.k.a. "FairGame") - takes five minutes.
I tried this & this is breaking for me at pipenv install. I'm on Ubuntu 20.10 with python 3.8.

Edit: I went by the Readme.md directions & not by the google doc & that worked for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for dropping that knowledge and helping folks out RanceJustice. Every little bit helps.

Do the numbers in the pic above represent how many people are subscribed to each notification (i.e. 6677 people all signed up on this -one- channel awaiting a 3080)?

1609949822355.png

Back