[H]Shopping Partners

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there some kind of discount for doing so? I don't know if you bastards deserve to get credit for everything I purchase. Haha... j/k but seriously... what's in it for me? :D

Is there some kind of discount for doing so? I don't know if you bastards deserve to get credit for everything I purchase. Haha... j/k but seriously... what's in it for me? :D

facepalm.gif

OK... didn't really see that as a face-palm moment but w/e.

Think about it for a second though... if I were to follow those links when doing my shopping, the staff of this forum would certainly get some kind of monetary compensation. Is it too much to ask for a little something in return? Doesn't have to be money per say, but perhaps access to the members only section or a [H]ard|Forum T-shirt or something...

I don't think that would be too much to ask.

OK... didn't really see that as a face-palm moment but w/e.

Think about it for a second though... if I were to follow those links when doing my shopping, the staff of this forum would certainly get some kind of monetary compensation. Is it too much to ask for a little something in return? Doesn't have to be money per say, but perhaps access to the members only section or a [H]ard|Forum T-shirt or something...

I don't think that would be too much to ask.

How about he continues to allow you to access this site, read its reviews, and interact with its community - all at no charge to you? [H] doesn't run itself, and even with a goodly portion of it's caretakers being volunteers, it still costs more to maintain and operate than you probably think it does.

I gladly use the [H] partner links as a thank you for allowing me to hang out here, make friends, learn new stuff, and have fun these past 7 years.

How about he continues to allow you to access this site, read its reviews, and interact with its community - all at no charge to you? [H] doesn't run itself, and even with a goodly portion of it's caretakers being volunteers, it still costs more to maintain and operate than you probably think it does.

I gladly use the [H] partner links as a thank you for allowing me to hang out here, make friends, learn new stuff, and have fun these past 7 years.

OK - don't go taking what I said out of context here...

I've created, hosted and maintained dozens of forums in my 10 years of web developing experience. They don't cost as much to operate as you seem to think they do. Not that I don't appreciate this forum (I wouldn't have registered in the first place if I didn't). I'm just saying that if they want people to click on their links when shopping, they should offer some sort of incentive to do so.

OK - don't go taking what I said out of context here...

I've created, hosted and maintained dozens of forums in my 10 years of web developing experience. They don't cost as much to operate as you seem to think they do. Not that I don't appreciate this forum (I wouldn't have registered in the first place if I didn't). I'm just saying that if they want people to click on their links when shopping, they should offer some sort of incentive to do so.

Is the [H] forum not incentive enough?

Sorry, I seem to have disturbed the [H] fan club with my misplaced humor. I will never tell a joke in here again - promise. :rolleyes:

And no... simply having free level of access to this forum is not "incentive enough" for them to earn a profit on every item that I buy online. Not for me at least.

Last edited:
Back