[H] recommend me a conference TV!

Trageta

Limp Gawd
Company wants me to grab a new TV for the conference room that we use. We have an email to the pc set up in there, email it with whatever we want to discuss and pull it up... problem is it's old and out.

I need a TV/display that's around 40-50" that will display text clearly, budget is <1500. Any suggestions??

Last edited:
Samsung 6000 series LED LCD TVs. They are thin and light (easy to mount), great picture quality and text rendering, easy to navigate menus, professional looking with a thin bezel, eco features to turn off after X minutes of no input or screen activity (separate options), flat VGA port layout makes mounting close to the wall easier, competitive pricing, and my experience with Samsung has been good reliability.

Company wants me to grab a new TV for the conference room that we use. We have an email to the pc set up in there, email it with whatever we want to discuss and pull it up... problem is it's old and out.

I need a TV/display that's around 40-50" that will display text clearly, budget is <1500. Any suggestions??
Being that the display is for the company you work for, and therefore will theoretically have your name attached to it, you may want to hit up a busier display forum frequented by pro's and technicians: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

I hear LG makes good commercial displays with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling which would assure sharp colored text (colored text is often the problem btw). I don't see a 60" but i notice they carry a 55" and 65" with 3 year warranties. Prices are a bit steep though.

Otherwise Samsung TV's are good too, as mentioned prior. They are a great combo of good blacks + contrast, esthetic appeal, good text and likely in your price range. I'd keep a couple of different model Samsungs high on your candidate list.

Last edited:
Bump: They're now looking for a 60"+

I know that sharp sells their 60 inchers within your budget.

Has your budget increased along with the size increase?

You may be able to get a 60 inch plasma at that budget, but that would be an awful idea considering burn-in, not sure if besides sharp there is many 60 inch tv's in that price range.

Back