[H] Pumpkin Carving

I'm wondering why he cleaned the pumpkin out first. Seems like he could have killed two pumpkins with one rifle.

yes it's an AK -- but specifically it looks like an Arsenal Incorporated SLR-107FR --- how do I know this? because I have one :)

Top notch 7.62 rifle (i think the make it in 5.56 as well) you pay double for the gun, but you get twice as much in terms of quality.

I tried to carve a pumpkin with my Mosin Nagant once. Good times. I can tell you why he cleaned it out first.;)

If he didn't, there wouldn't be a jack-o-lantern. There would be pumpkin pie.

I'm wondering why he cleaned the pumpkin out first. Seems like he could have killed two pumpkins with one rifle.

Because the expansion of the pumpkin guts as the round went through it would have likely turned that pumpkin into confetti.

Hickok is a great guy.

Go to his channel and view his range tour.

He'll ring a gong with a pistol at 220 yrds, he used to shoot competitively.

I'm going to send this video to my dad and see if he can make one to match. I miss my SKS-AK. Awesome video.

ROFL...nice thing about those drum mags, you can leave them loaded and wind the spring for use, no spring fatigue.

Springs only "fatigue" when they are used, as in expanding and contracting over and over.

I thought this thread was about [H] Pumpkin Carving, not "some dumb guy shooting a pumpkin". :mad: I thought members were supposed to go and carve something and presents pics here. OP should be bent for life. :mad: :mad:

I met this guy not long ago. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Let me shoot a few of his full auto toys while we discussed politics, clint eastwood movies, and philosophy.

yes it's an AK -- but specifically it looks like an Arsenal Incorporated SLR-107FR --- how do I know this? because I have one :)

Top notch 7.62 rifle (i think the make it in 5.56 as well) you pay double for the gun, but you get twice as much in terms of quality.

I know a fellow with a 7.62 Arsenal rifle as well. He's deadly accurate with it. He's outshot people using bolt-action hunting rifles at 200 meters with his AK. Some people might want to call BS on this, but the rifle is only as accurate as the marksman can make it be.

Nice shooting. He was literally putting those rounds right on top of each other. :)

Indeed. People that think AK's are inaccurate haven't seen a quality AK in action in the hands of a competent marksman, and nothing is of higher quality than Arsenal's rifles.

I think that's the best pumpkin carving video I've seen to date. :cool:

ROFL...nice thing about those drum mags, you can leave them loaded and wind the spring for use, no spring fatigue.

You can leave any mag fully loaded with no spring fatigue. Its the action of compressing, then decompressing a spring that wears it out, not leaving it in one state or the other.

Indeed. People that think AK's are inaccurate haven't seen a quality AK in action in the hands of a competent marksman, and nothing is of higher quality than Arsenal's rifles.

He's standing right in front of the damned thing, even if the barrel on that AK was completely shot out, he'd have to miss on purpose to not hit it.

AK's are innaccurate... in comparison to other rifles. They were built for CQB, 100ish meters. And they do just fine for that. People seem to think that a rifle has to be able to shoot the eyeball out of a woodpecker at 1000 yards to be considered accurate.

I know a fellow with a 7.62 Arsenal rifle as well. He's deadly accurate with it. He's outshot people using bolt-action hunting rifles at 200 meters with his AK. Some people might want to call BS on this, but the rifle is only as accurate as the marksman can make it be.

Those were some very shitty, unpracticed shooters using the bolt-actions. No way in hell is an AK going to outshoot a bolt action with a good shooter behind it. its just plain physics.

And Arsenal really isnt the holy grail of AKs. They are just converted Saigas with shitty paint jobs for the most part. You could go by a $300 7.62 Saiga and convert it yourself and have the same thing for alot less money. And Saigas are very good rifles. Built at the same factory as Russian AKs. Hell, as far as conversion goes, they are now selling Saigas with the front end already converted, you only have to do the PG and stock, which is easy as hell.

First - The AK is more than accurate past 100m. It will put a hole in a man sized target at 300m easily. Seen it, done it. It wasn't designed for CQC, that term didn't even exist back when it was designed. They just called it combat.

Second - yes, bolt actions are more accurate, and the difference is noticeable past 300m, sure. Bear in mind the intended user of the rifle - an infantryman. If a straight leg infantryman is engaging a target past 300m, he is wrong.

Third - Seriously, am I the first one who thinks this dude looks like he could be Kyle's dad?

Those were some very shitty, unpracticed shooters using the bolt-actions. No way in hell is an AK going to outshoot a bolt action with a good shooter behind it. its just plain physics.

I can only tell you what I know. I have no idea the caliber of shooters he was up against, only that he was making shots at 200 meters that other guys were missing using bolt-action rifles. As for physics... explain that to the holes in the paper, not me.

And Arsenal really isnt the holy grail of AKs. They are just converted Saigas with shitty paint jobs for the most part. You could go by a $300 7.62 Saiga and convert it yourself and have the same thing for alot less money. And Saigas are very good rifles. Built at the same factory as Russian AKs. Hell, as far as conversion goes, they are now selling Saigas with the front end already converted, you only have to do the PG and stock, which is easy as hell.

The rifle my friend uses is not a converted Saiga. It is a milled receiver AK that was manufactured in Bulgaria, not one of the later US-made rifles. Kalashnikov himself toured the plant and said it was the finest version of his design ever manufactured. The barrels were made by Steyr. If you can tell me of an AK that's of better design and quality than this, let me know as I've not heard of one and I'm not about to argue with the man who designed the thing.

Back