[H] Preferred PCI Wireless card?

I've been having issues with my Linksys Wireless-B card for awhile now. A little background if it helps, I have a Dell 9300 with an Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG card in it, and I almost never have any problems with its connection. I have a Linksys DSL router Wireless set up for our home. But on my desktop, I have a the Linksys wireless card installed, and it seems to have all sorts of problems with maintaining connectivity.

The fact that one computer works so well, while the other makes me want to pull out my eyelashes, leads me to believe a new wireless card might be in order. So I was wondering which card would you suggest to me?

i've had good experience with the TrendNet PCI cards...they're pretty cheap too.

I highly suggest Netgear's "RangeMAX" line. They are the first wireless products I have found that just work, and believe me I've tried them all.

I always remember hearing Orinoco and Proxim but they don't seem to have attached antennas. The Linksys MIMO looks good but doesn't have an attached antenna either. Depends if that matters.

What is the business or commercial grade Wireless Card? The 3Com one looks similar to a Linksys one I used to have.

I would look into the settings for the wireless device. Your laptop is very likely connecting at G speeds while the desktop is only connecting at B speeds since it's a B only card. This can be a problem. On most wireless routers, there are settings that have to do with running mixed (B,G) networks. I would look to see if there are some settings to do with this. Wireless routers don't always like certain settings when dealing with both types of devices and the B devices usually get the shaft.

Back