[H]ottest Steam Deal ever

Fail, maybe Gabe tossed this game into the pile for you because of that letter you sent him. :p
I bought it, thanks.

I used to buy every sub $5 Steam deal, and now have a ton of games that never get or were played. Told my self I wouldnt do it anymore, and I dont have time for all the new holiday season games Ive gotten already. Trying to decide if I should make an exception, chances are I either wont play it for a while, or wont end up playing it at all from time restraints.

Well this is one of the definite experiences in PC gaming, I would buy it and PLAY it if I were you, but as I stated in another post in this thread, it's a game you can feel satisfied in playing in chunks.

By that I mean it's optimum to play it for 2-4 hours at a time, then put it down, then pick it back up and play some more. It's one of THOSE kind of games. Sure you can play it for hours on end, but it's best left as that one game that's at the edge of your consciousness when you boot up your computer, and when you go back to it, it's like going back to an old favorite memory.

It's a little hard to explain, but I'm sure you'd understand if you play it.

Im just not the gamer I used to be. Now I only play games I can pick up and play for short periods and dont have to "get-in-to". Give me a basic shooter to jump in and get some kills for a bit, but long term commitments I havent been able to do since Oblivion.

Might grab it for my GF to try though, would play fine on her laptop and she is a Vampire fan. Maybe get her away from those stupid Facebook games lol.

I bit, played this when it first came out, but lost my physical copy long ago. Nice to have an old friend back in the fold.

Meh ..... having a game in my Steam library adds value to it as far as I'm concerned.

I have a copy from D2D & it has DRM built in when you run the game initially. It phones home to D2D to verify your license. I usually use a non-DRM'd binary instead that so I don't have that crap popping up if some mod goes funny. I recommend purchasing it on Steam over D2D unless they cleaned up the DRM BS builtin.

Unnoficial patch fixes bugs, compatibility, rendering, broken quests, animations, etc. True patch does quite a bit of that but adds what the modders THOUGHT was supposed to go into the game. Some people like that, some don't.

Unnoficial patch fixes bugs, compatibility, rendering, broken quests, animations, etc. True patch does quite a bit of that but adds what the modders THOUGHT was supposed to go into the game. Some people like that, some don't.

Two modders disagreed with each other on what should be done. The person that did the True patch supposedly was a drama queen & kept the drama war going for a long time. I prefer the unofficial patch myself, much like the majority of the VtM:R community (as much as I've read into it).

Yeah, it's a pretty cold deal. The game isn't even that good.

the game was good enough back than if I recall. I played it but i dont think I will replay it, if they drop it to 2 dollars I will buy it to add to my steam account

Two modders disagreed with each other on what should be done. The person that did the True patch supposedly was a drama queen & kept the drama war going for a long time. I prefer the unofficial patch myself, much like the majority of the VtM:R community (as much as I've read into it).

Yes, agreed.

The game is about 40-70 hours long depending on your playstyle and how much of it you actually desire to play before completion.

I only played through once but I think it only took me about 40 hours to do everything I could find. About halfway through I decided the game wasn't worth replaying so I cheated to experience more of the dialog options without having to play a second time.

The character dialog is pretty good as are the various choices you can make to complete the side missions, but the game ultimately comes down to a series of firefights against powerful vampires at the end. I wish there had been a diplomatic path to victory.

Most people will probably get a very good value for $5.

Most people will probably get a very good value for $5.
Somehow I can't really see how that could be true for a 2004 title, regardless of the community patches. There's only so much nostalgia most people are willing and able to put up with.

Thanks for the link, Op failed to provide. :rolleyes:

Game looks meh, $45 on Quakecon pack I got a couple months ago is more of a [H]ottest steam deal ever.

Game looks meh?

I guess if you're a graphics > gameplay kind of guy sure.

However Vampire: TMB is probably one of the best action-rpgs that provide you with a ton of player choice/freedom. To the point you can use dialogue to talk down a boss or ifght them, etc.

It's from Troika games (many ex-fallout guys) and is hands down one of the best rpgs, let alone vampire themed game, out there.

The sheer difference between some characters you can play as is quite great, such as the Nosferatu vampires who can't just walk around (because of their appearance) or the Malkavian's who are for the lack of a better word, nuts, to the point that while playing as them you'll have many off-the-wall things to talk about, even have a conversation with a bloody street sign.

This game rocks in many ways. I loved it back when and palyed it again not so long ago.

I need to do the other clan story lines too.

Somehow I can't really see how that could be true for a 2004 title, regardless of the community patches. There's only so much nostalgia most people are willing and able to put up with.

The lack of tesselation in Angry Birds kills it for me, too.

Definitely a great game for those who hate twilight.

Well this is one of the definite experiences in PC gaming, I would buy it and PLAY it if I were you, but as I stated in another post in this thread, it's a game you can feel satisfied in playing in chunks.

By that I mean it's optimum to play it for 2-4 hours at a time, then put it down, then pick it back up and play some more. It's one of THOSE kind of games. Sure you can play it for hours on end, but it's best left as that one game that's at the edge of your consciousness when you boot up your computer, and when you go back to it, it's like going back to an old favorite memory.

It's a little hard to explain, but I'm sure you'd understand if you play it.

Actually this gave me a lot of late nights with poor sleep. heh.

I have a copy from D2D & it has DRM built in when you run the game initially. It phones home to D2D to verify your license. I usually use a non-DRM'd binary instead that so I don't have that crap popping up if some mod goes funny. I recommend purchasing it on Steam over D2D unless they cleaned up the DRM BS builtin.

Hmmm, I got the D2D copy and never had any sort of problems and I like to maximize my modding too. If I recall no matter what version you get, you might want to run it once before you mod it. I thought every single digital store purchase (outside of GOG) phones home upon first startup.

The game is still enjoyable - I purchased my copy in 2004, but I didn't play it until 2009. FPS's haven't changed much in the last decade.

The graphics TBH are not all that bad. Sure it looks dated because it is, but it's not like you're playing Quake 3 or some shit.

Oh, how badly you judge games. Just because it's old, doesn't mean it needs nostalgia points to make it good. If you like RPGs, this is still one of those MUST-haves. I'm not going to say, by far, because the newer Alpha Protocol is in a way very much like it. Though without a community to patch up it's glitches and make it more awesome. And not to mention I do like a good number of JRPGs too, albeit mostly older titles.

Last edited:
This game did play nicely on a t60p laptop, I might add. A solid bit of fun.

Game looks meh?

I guess if you're a graphics > gameplay kind of guy sure.

However Vampire: TMB is probably one of the best action-rpgs that provide you with a ton of player choice/freedom. To the point you can use dialogue to talk down a boss or ifght them, etc.

It's from Troika games (many ex-fallout guys) and is hands down one of the best rpgs, let alone vampire themed game, out there.

The sheer difference between some characters you can play as is quite great, such as the Nosferatu vampires who can't just walk around (because of their appearance) or the Malkavian's who are for the lack of a better word, nuts, to the point that while playing as them you'll have many off-the-wall things to talk about, even have a conversation with a bloody street sign.

That's exactly what makes this deal so smoking, it's a gameplay experience unlike any other and it's set in a unique setting. I love it!!!

Troika is/was a small studio, and they basically made a great game that they put a lot of effort into. Sure the bugs were there, and it wasn't perfect by any means, but they did a lot right in VtM: Bloodlines than most game companies have done with their entire lineup of games over the last few years.

will say no nostalgia needed, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and VMB were probably 3 of the best action RPGs ever made and they are all still classic awesome games even with the shitty graphics. 99% of games just don't have the immersion or variety of choices that those games had.

i have to jump in whenever i see a bloodlines deal thread, because bloodlines is an amazing game. if the original source engine is enough to stop you from experiencing it, then you might want to consider not being a shallow tard. wat a joke. if its not your style, fine, but seriously, to snub a great piece of art from white wolf like that?

I jumped on it from all your reviews. Hope it's good (definitely sounds like it!). :)

i can't recommend this game. it certainly is a type of game not everyone will get. i put a good amount of time into and just gave up on it. suggest you checking out more stuff like cannondale

very fun so far.. I can tell I am going to like it. I know one of my friends said this game was really good a long time ago and I have been meaning to check it out. Thanks again OP for the heads up.

Glad most of you checked it out or posted about your positive past experiences with the game. I'm just guessing that the people who didn't buy it probably can't get past the look of the graphics, which ARE dated, for sure. The unofficial patches come with some graphical improvements, texture patches and shit.

the graphics look okay enough for an older game. its just after seeing some gameplay videos, the game did not look like something I want to play.

I played it within the last couple of years, and am glad I did. I wasn't interested in it at all, but started playing and couldn't step. It's an absolutely epic game.

Nostalgia is people replaying things they already completed.
Not people playing things for the first time.

Are you saying Deus Ex is a bad game even though it came out in 2001? I'm playing it right now and it knocks the pants off out of almost everything released in the last five years.

I loved the original for its time. Had amazing gfx and voice back then. How does this one compare.

Nostalgia is people replaying things they already completed.
Not people playing things for the first time.

Are you saying Deus Ex is a bad game even though it came out in 2001? I'm playing it right now and it knocks the pants off out of almost everything released in the last five years.

Exactly, and seeing as you have 11.3 years here, you can go down the list of games released since you joined this forum, I'm sure you'd rank this one right up there.

Back