[H]OT Xbox360 $169! NO REBATE!- Refurb

wow nice price! the only thing that holds me back is that its refurbished.

you need to add refurbished to the title. Makes it a little less hot.

wow nice price! the only thing that holds me back is that its refurbished.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Refurb, in fact, some would argue its better than new, AKA, its been tried, possibly failed, but fixed! So in essence its saving you some heartache!

Absolutely nothing wrong with Refurb, in fact, some would argue its better than new, AKA, its been tried, possibly failed, but fixed! So in essence its saving you some heartache!

I don't agree with that when it comes to Xbox360s

bah, not too long ago they had these at Microcenter for $199 brand new with full warranty. An extra $30 off for a refurb unit --no thanks. =/

I purchased a refurb from gamestop about 8 months ago and it's still going on strong. what I did notices was that when I called MS to check on warranty they go from when the model was first registered for the 3 year warranty RROD warranty. What I thought was interesting the CS person did indicate I could upgrade from the standard to the 3 year (obviously minus 1 year since it was last registered) ot include everyting for 29 or 39$. I did ask since I purchased this refurb, would this void any warranty. He indicate it would no (keep in mind I never tested it).
I also have a xbox 360 I purchased new about 2 years ago with no problems (knock on wood for both). However, I still would recommend if your going the refurb route that you pick up locally if possible to save on shipping costs if you get a dud.
Out of the 10 close family members/friends that purchased an xbox 360 more than a year 2 have had to send them back. 1 the DVD quite working, the other had the RROD. What was odd was that the one that had the RR0D is on his second return where as the rest of us have never had one.
On that same note 7 of those same people had PS2s. All of them are now dead after 2 years ranging from dead power supplies or faulty readers.
So YMMV.

I called MS to check on warranty they go from when the model was first registered for the 3 year warranty RROD warranty. What I thought was interesting the CS person did indicate I could upgrade from the standard to the 3 year (obviously minus 1 year since it was last registered) ot include everyting for 29 or 39$. I did ask since I purchased this refurb, would this void any warranty. He indicate it would no (keep in mind I never tested it).

I am not sure I understood that correctly. If you buy a refurby, would MS still cover it if something should happen - provided you buy an extension?

:confused:

if it was a pro or premium I'd say its worth the risk but a core is definitely not hot.
after buying a 20gig HD you are at $270, only $30 cheaper than a new one

I am not sure I understood that correctly. If you buy a refurby, would MS still cover it if something should happen - provided you buy an extension?

:confused:

Sorry If I was unclear:
3 year RROD starts from when the machine was original purchased (free).
3 year optional warranty for 29-39.99 would cover everything through MS. Also starts from when machine was last purchased. The only thing that was not clear was when I purchased the refurb it still had a month left of the standard 1 year warranty that included everything. I was unsure if you could upgrade to the 29-39$ warranty that included everything if the first year already expired. Another concern I had was the Microsoft Seal is usually broken and replaced with a different sticker depending on the refurb shop. It was to many variables for me to invest it and it was for someone's christmas present. I informed the receiver of the warranty options and they decided to skip it as well. Time will tell if was a wise decision, personally I bought it for my new unit and it hasn't needed it. Go figure.

after buying a 20gig HD you are at $270, only $30 cheaper than a new one
You can get the XB360 20GB hard drive for around $40.

Anyways, pcconnection has the refurb premium bundle for $199.99 with free shipping: http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=8753120 (Game console, wireless controller, 20GB hard drive, headset, documentation). A 1 year replacement warranty is available for $21. I think I may get that one.

The HDMI Platinum edition is here for $299: http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=7923406

Back