[H]OT! X800XTPE AGP $206.10

cmv said:
The X800 XT PE for $229 at ZipZoomFly is out of stock but they have a retail and non-retail X800 XT for $219. I'm cancelling my ATI order and waiting to until I get back from vacation. It looks like were in major Price Drop Country. Wahoo!

there ya go folks: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320815

now quit this insanity and purchase from a place that will actually sell you the product.

I don't know whether there is anything to lose (or gain for that matter) from the ATI preorder, but I'm happy to learn about low-priced, in-stock alternatives from reputable vendors.

BlackPearl said:
I don't know whether there is anything to lose (or gain for that matter) from the ATI preorder, but I'm happy to learn about low-priced, in-stock alternatives from reputable vendors.
Then they should make new threads and stop bitching that people got in on preorders that they didn't.

Apallohadas said:
Then they should make new threads and stop bitching that people got in on preorders that they didn't.

Whose bitching? I'm just offering my advise. I never said you have anything to lose from the ATI deal. But you will not get a card from them. I'll be waiting for you to prove me wrong.

pxc said:
Tempting, but the tax for me makes it $47 more than the ATI pre-order.

very reasonable for a refurb vs a brand new card. And in stock too :)

Its been great to see the other options in the same thread. I don't need to read 7 new pages to get the new info.

fallguy said:
No tax for me from zzf/monarch, but I get taxed from dell/newegg. :(
I don't get taxed from monarch either. :D I buy from Monarch, Z-buy and TD way more often than ZZF or Newegg because of tax. After tax, newegg deals are rarely deals for me.

Thanks for the tips on those ZZF cards, looks like ATi looses a few more refurb orders~

I just wish i could put an order in for the xt PE even though its out of stock, $10 is worth it to get the PE imo ;D

Oh the x800xt is OEM but the x800xtPE shows as Retail, another reason for me to hold on the PE

Gawd I just wish I didnt have so much trouble ordering from ZZF, I had to cancel 3 orders cause they put it on hold till they reach me or I reach them and they never answer the damn phone.

Performance should be similar but the Sapphire is OOS at the moment. MSI comes with a bigger bundle, if that's important to you.

Besides the $20 difference, the MSI is in stock and the Sapphire is not.

I would wait though. There has been some news that there are going to be huge price drops by ATI within the next month to combat nVidia's strong quarter with the 6600, 6800, and 7800's. We should see some more price drops to this range within the next few weeks by more retailers and manufacturers.

SxRxRnR said:
I would wait though. There has been some news that there are going to be huge price drops by ATI
I'm waiting without stressing. The refurb x800XT PE is worth $221 to me, the $278 MSI XT PE and $237 Sapphire XT (both after tax) are not.

With all the x800XT PE cards popping up lately, it's looking more likely that ATI will ship. I'll just buy a 7600 GT when it comes out if ATI doesn't ship. UE3 games run with degraded image quality on SM2 hardware and that would make me want to upgrade if I bought a x800 card anyways.

About that zipzoomfly x800 XT..would it come with the necessary power cables and a dvi-vga adapter?

pxc said:
I'm waiting without stressing. The refurb x800XT PE is worth $221 to me, the $278 MSI XT PE and $237 Sapphire XT (both after tax) are not.

With all the x800XT PE cards popping up lately, it's looking more likely that ATI will ship. I'll just buy a 7600 GT when it comes out if ATI doesn't ship. UE3 games run with degraded image quality on SM2 hardware and that would make me want to upgrade if I bought a x800 card anyways.

Do you know for a fact it will run with "degraded quality" ? I mean Ive seen differences (splinter cell CT) and the only thing I can find is the impressive lighting, or is that what youre talking about ?

Juic3 said:
Do you know for a fact it will run with "degraded quality" ?
Well, UE3 is a native FP32 engine and Tim Sweeney of Epic has said that FP24 renders some of the shaders with artifacts. If that's not an official word of degraded image quality, I don't know what is. :p

Tim Sweeney @ B3D interview 2 months ago said:
Unreal Engine 3 works best with 32-bit floating point, but supports 24-bit floating point. Currently there are a few cases where minor artifacts are visible with 24-bit floating point. As shaders grow more complex, these will likely be amplified.
geez, that really touches a nerve, doesn't it?

Whew! I avoided immediately canceling mine and ordering the standard XT. Tempting, but I'm willing to wait for something a bit better.

Nice to know there are some similar deals if this one doesn't go through though. :)

The MSI bulk card is PCI-E though =/ I think most of the ppl in this thread are lookin for an AGP

Almost as fast as those ZZF links come in for XT-PE's they go out of stock Q_Q

Why don't the two of you shut up? I come to this forum to see if there is a change in the status on the pre-orders from ATI, and see other good offers. I do not come here to see a penis swinging contest.

Please.

apollohadas and pigpen take your pissing match to PM. Do not post in this thread again unless you are updating with factual information about a change in the status of this deal.

i ordered my msi x800 xt pe earlier today, i cant wait to get it! anyway, i think the whole UE3 thing is being exagerated, maybe it will artifact on maximum quality, but even then would an x800 series card be able to handle a UE3 engine game on maxium quality anyway?

Am I missing something? I click the link and I see X800 Pro AGP, not the XT PE

darc said:
Am I missing something? I click the link and I see X800 Pro AGP, not the XT PE
MSI RX800XT Platinum Edition - VTD256 Radeon X800 XT AGP 8X 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI & Video-In Retail ***Free 2nd Day***

Its right in the begining. I think its like the one ordered from ATI except it costs more for being new.

Bah I waited overnight and now every one of them are out of stock hrm..

I just hope that other places can get some similar pricing, newegg is still in the fantasy world of $400-$600 for an xtPE...hmm did Newegg remove the x800xtpe entirely from its site? I was looking at them a day or two ago and now they are MIA? All i can find are x800xt and x850xtpe's

Back