[H]OT-refurbished HP ENVY 15 $786 and up

m3ta1head

im guessing no cash back on this? i think HP is at 25% so it would be nice if it worked on HP refurbs too. :)

yeah i think so. theyre not really that much slower though. does anyone know if the G1s have TRIM support?

yeah i know theyre still good but trim support is big, but pretty sure raid negates trim anyways so... yeah. i basically just want to rip them out and sell them. one big thing im worried about is if this is a refurbished one and it has the black screen of death (where screen goes blank and nothing works but rebooting it). seems sort of likely.. i dont know :(

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-Env...nvy-15-Blank-Screen-Issues-lets-do/td-p/54168

yeah the good one is already gone. in fact all the SSD models are. the other ones are still pretty hot, but without being able to sell the drives for $600 and recoup all that cost, theyre not worth it to me. thats the second time ive missed out on an awesome envy 15 deal... :(

You can pretty much do that google search for a lot of laptop brands, it doesnt say much about laptop quality at all.

So are there reliability surveys that show HP as #1 and Asus as crap? Please let me know if so. Regardless, this is my last post in this thread as I've said what I want to say.

well, did you get it?

no unfortunately. like i posted right below, the sub-$800 model with 2 SSDs that you could ebay for $600, bringing the total to under $200, was sold out. all of the SSD models were. the other models start at almost $900, and stay at that price point. at ~$900 vs ~$200 i decided to abstain on this one. kinda bummed but also kinda glad cuz my gf wont kill me now. :D

no unfortunately. like i posted right below, the sub-$800 model with 2 SSDs that you could ebay for $600, bringing the total to under $200, was sold out. all of the SSD models were. the other models start at almost $900, and stay at that price point. at ~$900 vs ~$200 i decided to abstain on this one. kinda bummed but also kinda glad cuz my gf wont kill me now. :D

from googling the part number other forums stumbled upon this earlier, so its been out since yesterday or even earlier, so yeah it was snatched up before this morning for sure

holy crap. those prices are crazy hot. Were any of the i7 quad models available?

Back