[H]OT Professional Pasta Extruder $885 [70% Off]

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
UPDATE - 04/04/2018
Another tip that I've uncovered is if you're planning on buying Semolina flour you'll want to get bulk supply purchases to save money. For a single small batch we're talking roughly 450 grams which is ~1 lb flour. So the ideal quantity is 25 to 50 lbs per purchase. If that sounds like a large monetary expenditure it is, unless you have local bakeries -- which you almost certainly do in any major city. Call one of the bakeries, and just say something to the effect that you have a sort of strange request, and you're looking to purchase 50 lbs of Semolina number 1 flour [important as the number indicates the milling size], and ask if they'd be able to help you out. If they say yes, then ask the cost, order date, etc.

Now, less likely than having local bakeries, is if you have local Asian or Middle Eastern markets. If so, you'll likely find some of the best deals. At my local middle eastern market, found that they're willing to part with bulk semolina #1 for $.64/pound, which is the best I've found so far [asked restaurant, and bakery]. Most places seem to mark up the bulk order to around $1/pound.

Also, a quick run down on milling sizes, as there seems to be a lot of confusion in the US on forums as to the difference between Semolina, Durum Wheat, and all the permutation naming conventions.

What you're wanting to purchase for basic extruded pasta shapes is Semolina #1. This appears as fine sand or coarse granules, similar to table sugar. If you're wanting pasta sheets, Semolina with a 0 or 00 milling is typically desired as it creates a more delicate pasta, but holds it's shape less due to less structure of the actual granules and more starch is released. Semolina is a form of Durum Wheat, but colloquially you'll see them used to describe the milling size; Durum meaning finer granules, and Semolina larger granules.

Semolina for Extruded Pasta Shapes [monikers]
Semolina #1
Semolina No.1
Semola di Grano Duro
Semola

Semolina for Pasta Sheets [monikers]
Durum Wheat Semolina
Extra Fancy Semolina
00 Semolina
Remilled Semolina
Semola Rimacinata
Semola di Grano Duro Rimacinata

Milling Size Approximations
2 = Corn meal.
1 = Table sugar.
0 = All purpose flour US.
00 = Powdered sugar, vegetable starch.

Lastly, if you're thinking that buying All Purpose Flour and using eggs is more cost effective than Semolina and water, you'd be mistaken. Did a cost analysis on 450 grams semolina compared with 400 grams All Purpose Flour + 200 grams egg [4 eggs]. The semolina costs roughly the same as the price per pound you bought the semolina flour for, whereas the AP Flour + Eggs runs usually much more since the egg cost makes up the difference, in my scenario it's something like $.64 per batch semolina, and $2.50 per batch AP+Egg pasta.

UPDATE - 03/15/2018

Working with another Italian purveyor www.Bertinato.net, have identified that they're now able to offer a similar pasta machine to the Fimar, which they call "La Fattorina" for 940 EUROs [shipping and 4 "normal" pasta dies of your choice included]. Refer them to this post if there are any questions.

"From this year we have a new contract for shipments to USA/Cananda and for a "La Fattorina" with 110Volts/60Hz + 4 normal pasta plates price is 770€ + 170€= 940€euro tot.
Kind regards."

Alberto - Emporio Bertinato

ORIGINAL

Attrezzature Professionali an Italian purveyor of restaurant equipment is selling their pasta machines for ~30% [70% off] the cost of US suppliers [Product Page]. Liken this to the eBay Korean monitor sales that arose a few years back. The machines are nearly identical to the US brands which sell their products for $2,900, so the equivalent $885 from the Italian site is a no brainer.

News article discussing the Arcobaleno pasta machine [US variant].

Italian Manufacturer = Fimar 1,5MPF
US Equivalent = Arcobaleno AEX10​

TLDR
  • Fimar Machine = $885 [request special voltage 110V/60hz motor + specify that this is a USA purchase for and the IVA field should be "N.I.art.8,1"]
  • Pasta Dies = $37.58 ea
  • 2 Day Air Shipping = $118
  • US Import = $60 [believe this is all the tax due for the items purchased abroad, anything over ~$800 is charged import duty to the importer you, and requires payment to whichever courier is used, payment on delivery or could be paid online to specific couriers such as UPS]
  • Paypal purchase = ~3% of invoice cost UNLESS YOU CHANGE PAYPAL SETTINGS TO NOT USE PAYPAL CURRENCY CONVERSION. SELECT EACH CARD AND SPECIFY "BILL ME IN THE CURRENCY SPECIFIED BY THE SELLER'S INVOICE".

Was looking at purchasing a pasta extruder as I've made my own homemade pasta for a few years now, utilizing the Kitchenaid KSMPRA + KSMPCA. Fast forward through several dinner parties and was looking to optimize the process, along with removing some of the work involved in producing high quality homemade pasta [since also creating the pasta sauce recipes etc.]. After perusing the internet, found a few US sites that carried pasta extruders, but those were charging 1 arm, plus 1 leg [or more]. After stumbling upon some information on Italian manufactured machines, found a few Italian sites selling these products to US consumers. Long story short, decided on Attrezzature after conversing via email with 3+ Italian purveyors. Reasoning is that Attrezzature had one of the cheapest costs, the cheapest and fastest shipping, and were responsive and courteous to communications.

Dough Recipe
Typical dough recipe is 90g flour, 30g aqueous liquid [egg, water, etc.].
If like wetter dough have successfully tried ~600g flour, 250g aqueous liquid [egg was tested]. Be sure to start with flour from the freezer so that it absorbs more moisture without becoming sticky.
If you like dough similar to handmade pasta, the tried and true 100g flour, 1 egg can be used if pre-mixing in food processor, pour the crumbles into the machine. So long as it remains pea sized crumbles and isn't sticky to the touch [start with ice cold flour and ~45 to 50 g per egg] then the extrusion process is extremely quick and the pasta will be silky. If the dough is clumped into a ball [not ideal], turn off the machine, remove the paddle/mixer, and press the dough firmly down into the augur, close the lid, and get burst presses of ~3 feet pasta at a time, and will need to re-press between lengths of pasta. Takes some extra work but texture is great. If you want semolina pasta, start with ice cold flour, then mix in the hottest tap water you have [~120 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit], for me this was a ratio of 450g semolina to 127 g hot tap water.

NOTE
Have found a short cut to produce the dough in ~10 seconds is to place the ingredients in a food processor to form the dough particles, then place the premixed dough in the hopper. This is similar technique wise to making the dough by hand, and recommended for wetter dough, or it could possibly be leveraged if wanting to purchase a smaller capacity machine and keep the hopper full of dough without having to stop after each batch to mix more in the machine.​

Drying
For drying, pasta drying trays are good options, as are most trees. Personally have shifted to the pasta trays. When the pasta extrudes, cut the length, dredge the pasta in a re-sealable bucket of whole wheat flour [greater hygroscopic properties], shake free the excess flour, then lay them in the tray. Added benefit is the flour on the exterior of the pasta when cooked creates a scabrous surface that sauce adheres to, and the pasta water gains greater starch, for finishing sauces.

Cleaning
Update on 5/1/2018 -- Have found based on another owners recommendation that a cleaning attachment can be created from DIY items at Home Improvement stores. What you'll need follows, and without the optional items listed, comes out to just under $15 USD.

DIY Cleaning Adapter for Garden Hose
  1. Brass Garden Hose Adapter 3/4" to 1/2" -- https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...pter-3-4-in-FHT-x-1-2-in-FIP-801669/300095984
  2. Reducer Bushing 1" x 1/2" -- https://www.homedepot.com/p/Charlot...-x-S-Reducer-Bushing-PVC021070700HD/203811447
  3. Reducer Bushing 2" x 3/4" -- https://www.homedepot.com/p/Charlotte-Pipe-2-in-x-3-4-in-PVC-Sch-40-Reducer-Bushing-PVC-02107-1275HD/203825963?keyword=1275HD&semanticToken=20030+++>++++st:{1275hd}:st++cn:{0:0}++1275hd+{productkey}
  4. Trap Adapter 2" -- https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-PVC-DWV-Trap-Adapter-C48017HD2/100344161
  5. [Optional] PVC Cement
  6. [Optional] PVC Primer
  7. [Optional] PVC Cleaner
  8. [Optional] PVC Applicator Brushes of various sizes

In my experiencing using the machine for a couple months, the machine is easiest to clean when wiping down the machine just after use with water and wash cloth. Placing the dies in warm water for a few minutes, then using wooden tooth picks to poke the dough through the die [wood isn't as hard as bronze, so low risk of etching], then spraying the interior of the die and wiping it clean with sponge. This cleanup initially may take 30 minutes [if you're fastidious], but once have gone through the process a couple times, the cleanup is mostly dependent on the pasta dies used [# used and size of die holes/shape], the time being ~15 minutes. If there are any dried bits inside the machine, using the tooth picks with a finger over the sharp end and using it like a crayon where you'd lay the crayon on it's side and emboss an image with the surface below the paper to scrub the dried bits off the machine. Lastly, get yourself some canned air and spray the dried bits free of the hopper.

Pictures updated to the posts on the first page.

Disclaimer
For full transparency, was offered a price drop after making this post, future purchases from attrezzature reduced shipping cost by ~$11.80. Was planning to make this post, and asked them if they'd offer any price discount for promotions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You take your dinner parties to a whole new level....financially ;)

Bump for looking

Is it better than the NIB Pasta Perfect I found at Salvation Army for $15?
If you're wanting to make your own pasta and are wanting to be less limited in the shapes you can create, extruders are the way to go for simplicity of operation. The device listed in the OP is rated at 1.5 kg hopper capacity and 5 kg per hour production, so ~11 lbs pasta per hour. If you're starting a small business operation where you want to produce your own pasta, the Fimar may be for you. If you're an enthusiast the Fimar may be for you. Sort of analogous to not everyone would go out and buy a GTX 1080ti, but enthusiasts would spend the money because it's the ~best [could go with Volta, or Xp, etc.] for what they're wanting to do, regardless of cost.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 26
If you're wanting to make your own pasta and are wanting to be less limited in the shapes you can create, extruders are the way to go for simplicity of operation. The device listed in the OP is rated at 1.5 kg hopper capacity and 5 kg per hour production, so ~11 lbs pasta per hour. If you're starting a small business operation where you want to produce your own pasta, the Fimar may be for you. If you're an enthusiast the Fimar may be for you. Sort of analogous to not everyone would go out and buy a GTX 1080ti, but enthusiasts would spend the money because it's the ~best [could go with Volta, or Xp, etc.] for what they're wanting to do, regardless of cost.

What if you like pasta every once in a while?

The Pasta Perfect is an extruder. It came out in the 90s and its infomercials used to play all night long. I'm struggling to find a photo of the device on Google, but it's a motorized pasta maker that comes with around a dozen dies for different types of pasta, and you more or less just dump in the ingredients, let it mix them, and when you're ready for extrusion you press a lever and it churns out the noodles.

What if you like pasta every once in a while?

The Pasta Perfect is an extruder. It came out in the 90s and its infomercials used to play all night long. I'm struggling to find a photo of the device on Google, but it's a motorized pasta maker that comes with around a dozen dies for different types of pasta, and you more or less just dump in the ingredients, let it mix them, and when you're ready for extrusion you press a lever and it churns out the noodles.
If it's similar to the Phillips model, that sells for roughly +/- $400, they're okay machines. Believe max capacity was something like 600g on the hopper [don't quote me], and most of the internals were plastic. Concern would be extensibility. Example is if you make wet dough, it could over heat the motor or break the internals, or if you're wanting to use ingredients that could stain, believe the plastic may absorb those colors/smells more readily.

Scenario could be analogous to buying a GTX 1060, it's not a GTX 1080 TI and depends on your use case if you need it or not. Liken the dinner parties to LAN parties where you're rocking a BFGD 4k @ 120hz, and you want that GTX 1080 TI [SLI water cooled] cause dayum. Could likely get by with a GTX 1060 and a 1080p TN 144hz, and no one would be unimpressed, but everyone would be talking about the guy with the BFGD 4k @ 120hz sitting a few feet away in seeming VR levels of immersion. Boxed pasta and jarred sauce would be consoles, they're good and get the job done, especially in today's tech climate, but enthusiasts would desire more.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 27
If it's similar to the Phillips model, that sells for roughly +/- $400, they're okay machines. Believe max capacity was something like 600g on the hopper [don't quote me], and most of the internals were plastic. Concern would be extensibility. Example is if you make wet dough, it could over heat the motor or break the internals, or if you're wanting to use ingredients that could stain, believe the plastic may absorb those colors/smells more readily.

Scenario could be analogous to buying a GTX 1060, it's not a GTX 1080 TI and depends on your use case if you need it or not. Liken the dinner parties to LAN parties where you're rocking a BFGD 4k @ 120hz, and you want that GTX 1080 TI [SLI water cooled] cause dayum. Could likely get by with a GTX 1060 and a 1080p TN 144hz, and no one would be unimpressed, but everyone would be talking about the guy with the BFGD 4k @ 120hz sitting a few feet away in seeming VR levels of immersion. Boxed pasta and jarred sauce would be consoles, they're good and get the job done, especially in today's tech climate, but enthusiasts would desire more.

Looks very similar in function to the Phillips version, and your video card comparison is apt. I mostly brought it up because I'm excited I scored the thing and don't know anyone else who cares enough to tell. :)

I host a spaghetti dinner once a year for my dad's birthday for 12 including myself. I couldn't imagine how often I'd have to feel the urge to make pasta from scratch to justify ~$1K on a pasta maker, but you do you!

Looks very similar in function to the Phillips version, and your video card comparison is apt. I mostly brought it up because I'm excited I scored the thing and don't know anyone else who cares enough to tell. :)

I host a spaghetti dinner once a year for my dad's birthday for 12 including myself. I couldn't imagine how often I'd have to feel the urge to make pasta from scratch to justify ~$1K on a pasta maker, but you do you!
Think of it this way, it's the same as a GTX 1080 TI is currently, and these things are built to last for a lifetime in a commercial capacity.

i love pasta but im a lazy fuck. i'd love to make my own... but again im a lazy fuck.

Where do you put the orange cheese powder in this contraption?

Because it better make a metric crap ton of mac and cheese.
I'll have to update the thread once I get some maccheroni, fussili and caserecce dies. Ordered a shipment of sodium citrate which should make my next attempt at mornay a breeze. Apparently can mix equal parts aqueous liquid and cheese then add in a couple tsp of the sodium citrate to make cheese sauce that doesn't split. Take like 2 lbs of cheddar, gouda, or whatev cheese, and melt it into a quart of good quality chicken stock [thinking Kirkland since it's my fav], then bam, mac n cheese gold. If you're inclined towards libations, could always pour in white wine or beer instead of the stock and have a blast that route as well.

Also of note, you can mix in other dry ingredients into the flour for the pasta machine, or wet ingredients into the liquid. I've tried garlic + onion powder in the flour. Heard others who have used squid ink in the liquid portion.

On another note, you could mix in concentrated baking soda with the flour and make homemade ramen. Hear you have to bake the baking soda in the oven to concentrate it down and increase the pH first though as reg baking soda's in the 8 pH range, and you'd want closer to 11 pH.

Last edited:
This is a waste of money and will make you fat. You don't need the carbs. Spend your money on something worthwhile. Close thread please.

Making weiner sausage?
In truth, you could probably use the spaghetti die to grind your own homemade ground beef or sausage mix; the idea is similar, a hopper feeds into an augur which compresses particles against a die.

KitchenAidSpagetExtruder
You will need a mixer but atleast you can use that for many things and wont be left with a spaget bending unitasker machine.

I found this while looking for the best deal on the kitchen aid. So rediculous...sort of want.

upload_2018-3-6_15-32-3.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAidSpagetExtruder
You will need a mixer but atleast you can use that for many things and wont be left with a spaget bending unitasker machine.
I found this while looking for the best deal on the kitchen aid. So rediculous...sort of want.

View attachment 56737
Have the KSMPEXTA, and can say that I personally would not recommend it. If you make wetter dough you're likely to overwork your Kitchenaid, plus the hopper is tiny. That said, it's affordable, though do yourself a favor and pony up for the Philips if you're in the entry level market segment.

The Torchio table top manual presses are a good option for entry level [believe they're also the progenitors of the extruding machines]. Plus the extruder attachments for many of the professional machines can be swapped in to supplement the ~3 dies that are produced for the tube presses. You'll just want to check the die dimensions to ensure compatibility.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This thread made me think of an old camping song...

"Hey Mr. Johnny Rebeck,
How could you be so mean
We told you you'd be sorry
For inventing that machine
All the neighbors' cats and dogs
Will never more be seen
They've all been ground to sausages
In Johnny Rebeck's machine"

anyone remember it? :p

Used to hand press pasta in our kitchen when I was a kid. How much pasta you made was almost 100% dependent on how much counter space you had for drying racks and trees. We never had the trays, don't know if those are something new. Christmas time was very memorable doing this, remember making pasta with a Christmas Donkey vinyl running in the background.

The pasta was good, but there is so much more variety and quality at the nicer supermarkets now. Good on ya for making your own.

Used to hand press pasta in our kitchen when I was a kid. How much pasta you made was almost 100% dependent on how much counter space you had for drying racks and trees. We never had the trays, don't know if those are something new. Christmas time was very memorable doing this, remember making pasta with a Christmas Donkey vinyl running in the background.

The pasta was good, but there is so much more variety and quality at the nicer supermarkets now. Good on ya for making your own.
True, albeit if you want more variety, Bertinato and PastaExtruderDies sell additional dies [60+] in shapes. Some of which I'd not previously heard of or seen in any restaurant or store.

Gigli/Campanelle
upload_2018-3-19_18-28-19.png

Radiatore
upload_2018-3-19_18-29-29.png

Zucca
upload_2018-3-19_18-26-20.png

How much Gold Pressed Latinum can this machine make for me? Does it function correctly in the spice mines of Kessel? Or is this one of those trick devices to get me aboard a train bound for Poland?

How much Gold Pressed Latinum can this machine make for me? Does it function correctly in the spice mines of Kessel? Or is this one of those trick devices to get me aboard a train bound for Poland?

Attachments

• 220px-RomDS9.jpg
    220px-RomDS9.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
Just purchased 12 more pasta shapes today [3/21]. Another awesome service that Bertinato offers is they create new dies on request. They didn't previously offer Radiatore or Zucca, but after showing them another site in the US that listed the shapes, they are manufacturing new dies for those shapes moving forward.

Paccheri Lisci
Pappardelle
Le Caserecce
Maccheroni Rigatoni
Giglio Riccio
Torchiette
Capelli d'angelo
Fusilli
Graminga
Orecchiette
Radiatore
Zucca