[H]ot PowerColor Radeon HD 6950 1GB $179.99 + Free Shipping at Amazon

Lorien

Supreme [H]ardness
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
hows 6950 CF vs 460SLI surround/Eyfinity? I apologize I don't think theres an H comparison. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6950 will be way faster. I had 6870 and 460 at same time. 460 is way slower.

Fantastic find OP. If I gamed more, I'd jump on it.

edit: OoS

Last edited:
Thanks OP, just bought one. Anyone know if these can be unlocked? The people over at SD calim that it can, but I'd rather hear the opinions of [h]'ers

Last edited:
With powercolor, you're lucky if it

A) works

and

B) is what you ordered.

I've had bad luck attempting to score with either category, to say nothing of both at once.

My 4870's which are installed in my wife computer and my 5850 which are running my kids machine are all powercolor and haven't had an issue with any of the 4.. and I o/c them, not to the extent of some but they were o/c when they were installed in my machine.

My 4870's which are installed in my wife computer and my 5850 which are running my kids machine are all powercolor and haven't had an issue with any of the 4.. and I o/c them, not to the extent of some but they were o/c when they were installed in my machine.

This makes you statistically one of the luckiest men who has ever lived.

Anyone who argues that "XXXX brand video cards are shit" is an idiot. You can't make shitty cards and stay in business, it's that simple. Besides, any reference card is going to be identical by definition (not this specific model, I realize).

Anyway, nabbed one for a friend who's been waiting for them to go below $200 - I'll see if this goes through.

sapphire IS AMD board partner.......and as such makes all of their designs and a lot of video card manufacturers use the boards made by them and slap their own logos and (later) coolers on them.....

I have a powercolor 4850 that has been fine the entire time I have owned it.

sapphire IS AMD board partner.......and as such makes all of their designs and a lot of video card manufacturers use the boards made by them and slap their own logos and (later) coolers on them.....

so is XFX, and more specifically to this thread so is PowerColor, Sapphire is just the largest board partner, but they are still only a board partner just like all the other companies that rebrand AMD cards...

I guess I just don't get your point here...

so is XFX, and more specifically to this thread so is PowerColor, Sapphire is just the largest board partner, but they are still only a board partner just like all the other companies that rebrand AMD cards...

I guess I just don't get your point here...

His point is that sapphire makes (fabricates) pretty much most of the reference amd cards, and others just rebrand them. Custom pcb designs I have no clue who makes them actually.

So if this is a reference design it was most likely fabricated by sapphire.

Nice. Interested in seeing if the people who ordered multiple cards got theirs. I read over at slickdeals that Amazon sent emails saying this was a price mistake, and that they would only honor 1 item per customer.

^ read that as well.
Received my card yesterday surprisingly.
Huge upgrade over that 4850 512mb I was using. The dual fan cooling is great and quiet compared to that vacuum I had on the 4850. If this price comes up again, I highly recommend picking it up. Maxing everything out so far. Going to try metro 2033 soon.

can someone send me their bios they have off of bios slot 1. even if you havent tried unlocking it plz?

Back