[H]ot PIA VPN Deal

• Thread starter Deleted member 278999
  • Start date
Last edited:
Thanks both of you. I'm on a Ubiquiti Amplifi HD home mesh wifi system... thing, and one of the upcoming features is vpn support, so I've got my eye out.

It's doable - but it's incredibly CPU taxing. It's not really going to fair well on commodity home routers.

Yeah, I'm going to build a pfsense computer since it supports VPN. The downside to PIA is that they are blocked by Netflix and have no interesting in working around that, so that's something to keep in mind.

Just a reminder that PIA is in a five eyes country. That may make a difference to some depending on how privacy conscious you are.

Yes, but there are so many avenues that one could be surveyed by. At that, I reeeeally don't think they give a shit about what we're up to for the most in H. Now GenMay, that's a whole 'nother story. That CaptNumbNutz guy for example.

Yes, but there are so many avenues that one could be surveyed by. At that, I reeeeally don't think they give a shit about what we're up to for the most in H. Now GenMay, that's a whole 'nother story. That CaptNumbNutz guy for example.
i-see-nothing-i-know-nothing.jpg

I have used PIA for a couple years now, been very happy with it, the speeds are very good.

This is connected to the VPN, I have gigabit down and 100mb up fiber connection, I get 950+ down and ~98 up without vpn connection. I do get youtube buffering all the time when NOT connected to the VPN, almost never when connected.

7014175674.png

Back