[H]ot? Orange Box (xbox360 or PS3) $14.99 @ CircuitCity

Loki008

2[H]4U
The website lists it for $19.99 however in this weeks flyer they have the Orange Box for $14.99 at circuit city. IMHO this is an awesomely [H]ot deal especially considering what you get in terms of games. This is a must have especially at this price.

Question is, can you use a keyboard and mouse to play this on a PS3 or XBox360? If so, I'm all over it...

Negative.

Lamexors. If I could play all console games with a usb keyboard and mouse, I think I would do a lot more of it. You know for all of those FPSs that are on the system. L4D, GoW, Halo series, etc.

As a result I usually only play RPG's and adventure games on consoles. I played the Resistance demo for about 15-20 minutes and I died a bunch of times on the opening sequence, which shows my inability to aim with two analog sticks. Dislike that thoroughly.

Lamexors. If I could play all console games with a usb keyboard and mouse, I think I would do a lot more of it. You know for all of those FPSs that are on the system. L4D, GoW, Halo series, etc.

As a result I usually only play RPG's and adventure games on consoles. I played the Resistance demo for about 15-20 minutes and I died a bunch of times on the opening sequence, which shows my inability to aim with two analog sticks. Dislike that thoroughly.

I generally agree, however Starwars Battlefront and TF2 are the only 2 really FPS that i really have taken to on the xbox. Portal is quite addicting as well, however the final boss would be significantly easier on a keyboard and mouse, thats my only complaint so far.

4 great games for 15 bucks (left out TF2), what more can you ask for?

Being its an item in this weeks flyer, i assume their sale week goes through saturday.

Question is, can you use a keyboard and mouse to play this on a PS3 or XBox360? If so, I'm all over it...

You can =). It'll just take some work & some investing of money =P. Have to use the combination of an XFPS & XIM 360 =). The Original XIM required the XFPS device to function properly. It would connect to your PC via USB & you can use a key configuration program to map the keys on your keyboard & mouse as you see fit. You could also save profiles for each game just so you never had a single config for all games. You an read more about how all that works here

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/846/846694p1.html

The XIM 2 is available for pre order. It greatly improves on the deadzone accuracy compared to the original. To put in short, it's much more accurate now & easier to use. The XIM 2 is a standalone product & will not need use of the XFPS. Not much is available about it as of yet but that will change in due time once user reviews of the prodcut goes up. Note though that having the advantage of a keyboard & mouse will not come cheap.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/03/xim-2-xbox-360-mod-ready-for-pre-order-you-arent-ready-to-pony/

Official Site - http://xim360.com/

Hit up the forums for more info & user input. Just for the record, I do use the XFPS with the XIM combination & it works out very well =).

Back