[H]ot NIB XFX 5770 69.99 + tax free shipping

Yeah. Never heard of that site before though.

Not bad price. However, Id anticipate many more price drops with the new 7-series coming and new nvidia line.

Yeah. Never heard of that site before though.

Not bad price. However, Id anticipate many more price drops with the new 7-series coming and new nvidia line.

cowboom is best buys outlet

They are very good in Xfire. I have two in CFX, and they trounce a single 5850 and I would imagine would run close to a 5870/6950.

They are very good in Xfire. I have two in CFX, and they trounce a single 5850 and I would imagine would run close to a 5870/6950.

all depends on the game. games that are crossfired optimized, ive seen the 5770 out perform the 5870 by a lot. then again ive seen it lose badly to a 5870 as well. its a mixed bag of results but overall very good performance. i wouldnt buy two to cf though, you might as well just buy a 6870 imho for a little more.

i was thinking this would be a good gift to someone who already has an XFX 5770?

this includes the usual lifetime warranty of XFX if I register it right>?

Edit: I thought I read refurb. New in box for 67 is a steal

antoher Edit: Just nabbed one :)

Last edited:
this includes the usual lifetime warranty of XFX if I register it right>?

Edit: I thought I read refurb. New in box for 67 is a steal

antoher Edit: Just nabbed one :)

Yeah, definitely a steal. Had my eye on a 6850, but for this price it was too hard to pass up...

i wouldnt buy two to cf though, you might as well just buy a 6870 imho for a little more.

I Typically agree that the faster card is better if buying from scratch.. But the cheapest xfx 6870 on newegg is 175 shipped compared to 140.. That 35 dollar difference is half the cost of the 2nd card..

What games you primarily play & there scalibility would also weigh heavily.. Doesnt matter now though since there sold out.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but how is this better than the 4890 deal? Because the 5770 has DX11?

5770 is roughly as fast while having DX11 on top of having far less watts used at load not to mention idle. 4890 is OOS anyway.

5770 is roughly as fast while having DX11 on top of having far less watts used at load not to mention idle. 4890 is OOS anyway.

5770 is tied with 4870 then 4890. Back when they came out I ran tests against a 4860, and it was blow for blow. 5770 cant really take advantage of DX11 at 1080P or higher without being in Xfire.

Great deal on this card. I do remember reading the xfx hd5770 doesnt have voltage control for over clocking.

5770 supports True HD audio over HDMI

4xxx series cards don't.

Everything else being equal, the 5770 is better.

DEAL IS DEAD

"Sorry, this item is no longer available."

5770 is tied with 4870 then 4890. Back when they came out I ran tests against a 4860, and it was blow for blow. 5770 cant really take advantage of DX11 at 1080P or higher without being in Xfire.
Rubbish, it most certainly does take advantage of DX11 at 1080p without being in crossfire. It runs a hell of a lot cooler, depending of the manufacturer it should be a lot quieter (XFX likes whiney fans for some reason), and it consumes less power. You won't be playing Crysis 2 on Ultra with the texture pack added at 1080p but it will run on Very High with some options on Extreme. It's perfect for a quiet HTPC.

I run a 5770 in my HTPC and it's a perfect fit. Capable at 1080p, usually quite, low power, and does everything but 3D for movies.

Just looked, back in stock as of this post. For how long, good question.

I managed to snag one today, or at least I got a confirmation email.

I refreshed it every 10 minutes until I managed to get one when it appeared in stock. I missed it twice before getting one and I did it without the coupon code because it was making it take longer. Oh well, still a [H]ot deal and now I can get my HTPC up and running.

5770 is slower than the 4870 in pretty much every benchmark I've ever seen. I 'm sure you might be able to cherry pick a couple here and there where it may win. I'd still rather have it than the 4870 though - I really got tired of the high temps and power draw from mine. Would have grabbed one if it was still in stock.

This back in stock for $75 after coupon code CowBoom5. Not as hot as before, but beats of any Newegg's prices.

actually, ya'll are better talking to Evil Juggalo. He has 5830 cards that he'll sell you for $155 for a pair.

Nevermind. Didn't realize the date on the original post. It's available right now for $80 + tax w/free shipping.

Last edited:
Back