[H]ot - Newegg via Ebay: 512GB Intel 545s $55 - It's back on!

I dont understand why sites that offer free shipping to the states dont at least give us a shipping discount when shipping here.

Got one this morning for $54.99. Couldn't resist. Last I looked yesterday or the day before it was ~$85.

-Mike

The mastercard promo is really finicky from what I can see and from what others have stated as well reading on Slickdeals. It won't work on either of my accounts and states, "Looks like that's the wrong code. Please double-check and try again." I'm still purchasing one of these drives as my younger brother's PC is still on a 1TB WD Blue.

You have to purchase from eBay directly with a MasterCard.. not through Paypal with a MasterCard.

I dont understand why sites that offer free shipping to the states dont at least give us a shipping discount when shipping here.

Because eBay shipping is not set up that way. As a seller I can only offer shipping "discounts" when shipping multiple items.

And you would maybe get $3.00 off the total shipping cost for something such as an SSD.

You have to purchase from eBay directly with a MasterCard.. not through Paypal with a MasterCard.

I'm aware of that fact and tested it both ways. It still gives the same error. If you read the promo details it's a targeted coupon:

"Who's eligible for the Coupon?

Only invited, registered eBay users who received the Coupon by email are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable."

I'm aware of that fact and tested it both ways. It still gives the same error. If you read the promo details it's a targeted coupon:

"Who's eligible for the Coupon?

Only invited, registered eBay users who received the Coupon by email are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable."

Weird.. I used it before I got an email about it but it did pop up on the main eBay page so I guess I was already slated to get it.

Ordered one Tuesday, said it'd be here next Monday, whatever. Got a FedEx notification it's being delivered today, whoo.

Still don't need one, still feeling oddly compelled to just buy it because of the great price... MUST... RESIST...

I feel ya, the factory SSD in my 2011 MBP is pretty damn slow...but this is also $55 I could put towards just getting a newer computer

I'm holding out for a 1tb deals...I have a Samsung 840 512gb holding me over just fine until then.

Got 2 of these guys so far. Shipping has been pretty quick and they will make for some great gifts!

Wish I had purchased two, once you get a taste for the speed regular hard drives just seem so slow..

Yeah mech drives are still great for storage and even fine for most games if you get a high performance one. But OS drive it's a must in my book.

Yeah mech drives are still great for storage and even fine for most games if you get a high performance one. But OS drive it's a must in my book.
Honestly at this point mechanical drive should be just used for storage. I just can't stand using a computer with mechanical. It also made a huge difference in a PS4 pro.

it made slight bump with my PS3, i was mainly leaning on less power draw and slimmer as on thew phat PS3 the hdd cage is also an air inlet so thinner drive means more air, also if cooler less heat soak! yeah even my 2--6 mac book has an SSD and boy did it make it a huge difference the old clunker is actually very usable with an SSD in it.

Honestly at this point mechanical drive should be just used for storage. I just can't stand using a computer with mechanical. It also made a huge difference in a PS4 pro.

I generally agree and that's what I do. NVME speed is a nice bump but you sorta get diminishing returns in regards to OS/game performance. I've been eyeing one up but just haven't pulled the trigger yet because I know it won't be anything like it was going from mech -> SSD.

Back