[H]OT!!! Neo Forza FAYE 32GB CL19 (2x16GB) DDR4 4400 ($120 shipped)

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
https://www.newegg.com/neo-forza-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/0RN-0097-00037

Review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/neo-forza-faye-ddr4-4400-mhz-cl19-2x16-gb/

Value and Conclusion​

• The 32 GB (2x 16 GB) Neo Forza Faye 4400 MHz kit is available for around US$230.
  • No RGB
  • Great out-of-the-box performance
  • No overclocking headroom
The Neo Forza Faye is a no-nonsense, performance-focused kit that manages to retain its own style without getting lost in the aesthetic. This RGB-free design relies on textured silver accents and stamping details to produce an eye-catching design while maintaining a neutral color scheme for a broad range of component compatibility. Like the Neo Forza Mars kit I reviewed recently, it is good to see that Neo Forza has found a design for the Faye that is distinct without resorting to gimmicks or compromising performance or cooler clearances.

The Neo Forza Faye performed well at the 4400 MHz 19-26-26-46 XMP rating, though I did have to bump the voltage to 1.6 V on my AMD test system. The Neo Forza Faye proved to have no overclocking headroom on either of my test systems. While it is always exciting to find out how far a kit can be pushed, offering maximum performance out of the box is a testament to modern binning techniques. Not everyone wants to dive into the complex world of memory overclocking, and knowing that no performance was left on the table will be a bonus for many users.

Ultra-high-speed, high capacity memory kits are rare, with only one other kit competing at this 2x 16 GB 4400 MHz specification. At US$230, the Faye comes in at about half the price of the competition, too. If you are looking to extract the most out of your high-end Intel build, the Neo Forza Faye is a great choice!

Sweet! I missed on one of the ripjaws 2x16 deals a few weeks ago, so this is perfect.

Are these dual rank? I have 4 x 8 GB of 3000mhz DDR 4. Looking to upgrade when I get a new AMD chip after the holidays for my x570. Currently have a 2700x

A few reviews state the memory can't be mixed reliably, even with the same kit. I ordered 2, going for 64 gb, so we'll see... hopefully the issues stem from OCing, which linked review says these have issues with. (Fine by me)

I bought one as well. It will be fun to tweak with memory timings again to see if i really can't get anymore out of it.. Can put my old 4x8GB back into my x299 platform for the time being.

$120 sounds like an okay deal. You'd have to be crazy to pay $199 or TPU's listed $230 for a set though.

These are good for a Rocket Lake system, where you can use djr or something in gear 2 mode for very high bandwidth since DJR can reach 5066 mhz + in Gear 2.
You don't want these for Gear 1 mode since the timings will suck where you're usually limited by the IMC lottery at 3600-3733 or 3866 mhz.

Not sure how well these will clock on Comet Lake and older though. The timings are just not great. But for 4400 mhz the price is good enough for people sick of 2x8 GB.

They're also not great for Alder Lake, since if you're using DDR4 on Alder Lake, you don't want to use Gear 2 mode at all (Command rate 2T is okay if you are still in gear 1 and push the frequency high enough)

Sounds good, but my "old" Asrock X470 mobo tops out at 3600, not a huge leap from the 3200 I'm currently doing. But if I was building a new DDR4 system today this would be a no brainer.

1639925072880.png
Before I had some 3200 ram, that measured 1600 Mhz of course, - so if this is advertised as 4400, it is reading 900 less than it should - I've swapped it out a handful of times -I haven't messed with XMP before but tried it a few times - so far I could never get this to boot to the ratedd 4400, right now it is running in my 2nd XMP profile, for 3600 -
1639929187769.png
This is on a z490 chipset, running an intel 10850k - if someone has a way to get this to run the advertised speed, I'd appreciate it -

View attachment 423342 Before I had some 3200 ram, that measured 1600 Mhz of course, - so if this is advertised as 4400, it is reading 900 less than it should - I've swapped it out a handful of times -I haven't messed with XMP before but tried it a few times - so far I could never get this to boot to the ratedd 4400, right now it is running in my 2nd XMP profile, for 3600 - View attachment 423350This is on a z490 chipset, running an intel 10850k - if someone has a way to get this to run the advertised speed, I'd appreciate it -
I've had that same issue with boards and certain ram kits. Check the MB list of qualified ram and this kit won't be listed.

Your MB simply may not work with that kit on it's max speed.

You may want to return it. Try another kit not listed or buy one that is. Aggravating, I know, but, its still way better than when we had to source the right sound card with the right cdrom. :/

I've had that same issue with boards and certain ram kits. Check the MB list of qualified ram and this kit won't be listed.

Your MB simply may not work with that kit on it's max speed.

You may want to return it. Try another kit not listed or buy one that is. Aggravating, I know, but, its still way better than when we had to source the right sound card with the right cdrom. :/
Yeah, I knew it was a gamble - here's the thing - it IS running at what appears to be the same speed as the other kit I had, which was a 4 x 8 gb of 3200 Corsair - but I wanted 64 gb. Maybe someone else can figure out a way.

Yeah, I knew it was a gamble - here's the thing - it IS running at what appears to be the same speed as the other kit I had, which was a 4 x 8 gb of 3200 Corsair - but I wanted 64 gb. Maybe someone else can figure out a way.
I got a set, I'll report in when I test it soon.

Yes you can run the timings 3600 Hynix cjr use 16,19,19,19,36.I tested quite a bit with 32 gig on my 5600x. Was unable to get cas 16 @3800 but didn’t go over 1.4 volts.

Yea these z690 boards are super picky about memory, I had some 3600 corsair sticks from another build that were not listed on any compatibility lists and wouldn't post for shit on a MSI pro board and a Gigabyte gaming X board, ordered a set that was on the compatibility motherboard lists on both manufacturers and they booted right up.

Early adopter pains are nothing new. Immature bios woes will eventually be worked out. Ryzen chips when new went the same path give it time.

Back