[H]ot? MX500 1TB $92 at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure reviews will crush it all sorts of ways, but i own one of these and it plays games just fine. Windows 10 is on the nvme, games on this one.

I think this is great as a boot drive for pcs that don't support NVME, xbox/ps4 upgrades, and hard drive replacements in general. I don't think real world boot times will be far behind nvme drives.....but people need to research for themselves :) ALso great if you don't want to waste limited PCIE lanes which would be better used for graphics cards, nics, etc.

I own a few of these drives (both 1TB and 500GB) and like them a lot. Are they top-end? No. But neither is the price. They are SATA after all but they deliver good storage with decent reliability. Perfect as a second drive, storage drive or games drive for your main computer and perfect as a boot drive for the older non-nVME systems in your house.

Yeah, I have a couple myself. Really solid (hur hur) drive. Crucial's warranty is great, too.

🤗🥰crucial!!!! Loving it
Taco has 129gb boit drive from many moons ago. Actually paid more than this for 1/8 capacity. Strange new wonderful world we live in today!! Horray! Thank you!

Ive got a mx500 500gb that is at least 7yo. Its been bulletproof as the main drive in my i7 2600 rig then as a storage drive.
Ive been waiting for the 1tb drive to go on sale from its normally $114 price. Snagged one this morning ;) this is the best price ive seen all year.

My son has the 1TB in his system for a boot drive for over a year now and it works great. I got a 250GB version for my mother's laptop to replace the 1TB spinner it had. It sped up the machine quite a bit and she never used a fraction of the storage anyway.

For this price it's practically a steal. My son's was quite a bit more than this price. If I had the spare cash I'd grab a 1TB right now to use as a games drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back