[H]OT MSI MECH OC Radeon RX 5700 269.99 In Store @BestBuy CLEARANCE. (YMMV)

martinmsj

[H]ard|Gawd
I was window shopping at the Best Buy at Santana Row (San Jose, CA) after happy hour. I came across this and bought one right away. Best part is the game bundle was still included (came with a code on the receipt.)

IMG_1799.jpg

How many did they have on the shelf? Online it seems to still be the full price.

How many did they have on the shelf? Online it seems to still be the full price.

As I mentioned, it's in-store and depends on the store (YMMV). When I was there they had 2 left after I bought one. They were mixed in with the 5700 XT's. When I saw the label, I checked online and also saw it was full price. However, the tag and the SKU number matched. Not to mention the store associate confirmed the price at check out; no price change needed.

I was window shopping at the Best Buy at Santana Row (San Jose, CA) after happy hour. I came across this and bought one right away. Best part is the game bundle was still included (came with a code on the receipt.)

View attachment 224147

Nice to see some fellow Hard members in my vicinity!

Second best BB in the area, Blossom Hill is definitely my favorite. I went to check this out over at the blossom hill location, no clearance special.

Maybe just that store.

I just checked my local Best Buys using zoolert and they both have 1 in stock, but they are full price. I'd be in for one with the lower price.

View attachment 224147
Same deal in N Little Rock, AR. $269.99. Sales guy said 5700 replaced by 5600xt. He heard due to new 5600 BIOS there is little difference now so killing 5700. ???

Local BestBuy to me doesnt have it. I would probably go buy it right now if they did.

Edit: Ive called like 5 or 6 BestBuys (including the ones mentioned in this post) because my local store said they would price match the other stores but all of them have it listed at $329.99... ???

Last edited:
Deal appears to be dead. Called a bunch more BestBuys and some even say $323.

That's interesting. I just picked up a brand new 55" OLED LG C8 because they stopped advertising at the store I was at. It was the last one and I got it for $800. Seems very much YMMV per store.

Deal appears to be dead. Called a bunch more BestBuys and some even say $323.
Tag is still up here but none left in stock. Sales guy says the deal is still good if bought today but it will come from warehouse or other store. None available at stores within 100 miles of Little Rock.

Nice! Deal lives on another day if you can find it. Returned my unopened Mech to Amazon and got my refund for 384ish USD (taxes.)

Tag is still up here but none left in stock. Sales guy says the deal is still good if bought today but it will come from warehouse or other store. None available at stores within 100 miles of Little Rock.

Which store? I called all of them in little rock. I'll go buy one today.

Man I just called both in little rock again and they said they are not on sale 🤷‍♂️😭

My local store will price match them.

Got someone to check the shelf in CA, finally said it's that price. Came to my local store and now they won't price match... lol big waste of time for me.

Got someone to check the shelf in CA, finally said it's that price. Came to my local store and now they won't price match... lol big waste of time for me.
This is the point you need to grab a fistful of the associate's collar.

This is totally dependent on store I guess. Says 350 online but I called the best buy closest to me that has 2 in stock about 60 miles. They have it for $305. I might have some business there next week, might swing by. I have 100 dollars in rewards so I guess not a bad deal if I take that in to account.

This is totally dependent on store I guess. Says 350 online but I called the best buy closest to me that has 2 in stock about 60 miles. They have it for $305. I might have some business there next week, might swing by. I have 100 dollars in rewards so I guess not a bad deal if I take that in to account.
Amarillo, TX store was out of stock but $269.99 was still on shelf with "Ask Associate" label. Associate said more expected soon, no pre-orders though.

Edit: Odd...my name changed from gangster789.

I just stopped by my local BB to see if they had a discount price listed.

They did - but not as good as the one from OP.

Shelf sticker for that MSI said $287.99. I had a $50 BB gift card from Christmas, so I figured "why not" and purchased it.

Total after tax was $247.

Check reviews of the different manufactuerers cards. If I recall the Mech version was near the bottom of the pile but it may have been a 5700 xt review. There were significant differences between makes.

If your thinking of buying at $300+, there may be a better version. At $270 this is a really solid deal especially without rebates. Good find. Possibly a xt flash candidate if the cooling is sufficient and you get a little lucky.

Check reviews of the different manufactuerers cards. If I recall the Mech version was near the bottom of the pile but it may have been a 5700 xt review. There were significant differences between makes.

If your thinking of buying at $300+, there may be a better version. At $270 this is a really solid deal especially without rebates. Good find. Possibly a xt flash candidate if the cooling is sufficient and you get a little lucky.

I'm thinking this is probably due to that thermal pad issue that Gamers Nexus had a video about with the Evoke (very similar card from what I've seen). MSI was supposed to fix new stock coming out and would even do free pad swaps with existing cards.

I think every card is a XT Bios flash candidate. It doesn't hurt to try as it isn't a shader unlock flash. All it does is remove the artificial power limits set by AMD for product stratification. You will get a vanilla card that will boost to XT speeds with less shaders. Generally speaking it performs within 2-3% of a true XT card. With a little manual tuning, it will out perform a stock XT. I've flashed 2 different reference cards and both have zero issues after the flash.

Back