[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

it will take them 2 to 3 days for refund. I meant business days. Next monday is holiday so you won't get your refund until next thursday.

wow... buy.com is a joke.

where do i file Negative feedback for there sorry asses?

Wow I am definitely calling these guys out on this one.
If it was a simple price mistake no harm no foul but these guys have been filling orders all week. Lets hope they are the next Circuit City.

Qty: 1 Price: $220.99

Cancellation approved: Qty (1)
click for details
(1) Unfortunately, this item was cancelled. We are out of stock and have no ETA for when we will get additional stock.

Show related items

If I was god I would smote everyone who gets angry over these types of things. I threw my hat in the ring. I ordered one knowing it was a deal likely too good to be true. I lost nothing - you lost nothing. Heck you won't even be charged interest on the card for the money being out for a few days since it didn't hit any kind of billing cycle length, before buy.com refunded it. You literally lost nothing. If Buy.com gave you five bucks for their error - all the better. The amount of idiots/selfish folk in this forum make me shake my head.

If I was god I would smote everyone who gets angry over these types of things. I threw my hat in the ring. I ordered one knowing it was a deal likely too good to be true. I lost nothing - you lost nothing. Heck you won't even be charged interest on the card for the money being out for a few days since it didn't hit any kind of billing cycle length, before buy.com refunded it. You literally lost nothing. If Buy.com gave you five bucks for their error - all the better. The amount of idiots/selfish folk in this forum make me shake my head.
I think it's upsetting because some people got their cards shipped.
Like someone said, it was a lottery.

A different question: Did anyone who ordered a BFG OC2 not get it shipped? And get cancelled today? Seems like a lot of OC2's went out, just wondering if they went backorder, too.

I don't think it was a total lottery. Probably they just took the orders in order until they ran out and then the rest got backordered or canceled. Their site just doesn't have real-time inventory tracking, which might be expensive to implement if their warehouses aren't set up for it. Of course, that's just my speculation.

If you don't see your money back after a couple of days, charge back with your CC. You'll win that dispute for sure since they didn't ship out the product and for every charge back, the merchant automatically gets charged a 35$ or so fee, in addition to the refund amount. This is to prevent "interest-free" loans going to companies.

I think it's upsetting because some people got their cards shipped.
Like someone said, it was a lottery.

You're right and that's exactly the point. It's a matter of principle here. Pricing mistake, fine. But when people are getting cards left and right while others are being told to shove off, it's infuriating to say the least. When I see people ordering late Saturday and getting a card vs. me ordering early Friday morning and ending up with a cancellation notice, I call bullshit. A lottery indeed! I'll move on like most. But practices like this shouldn't go unnoticed.

You're right and that's exactly the point. It's a matter of principle here. Pricing mistake, fine. But when people are getting cards left and right while others are being told to shove off, it's infuriating to say the least. When I see people ordering late Saturday and getting the card when I ordered early Friday morning and ended up with a cancellation notice, I call bullshit. A lottery indeed!

For the same model of card? I know some cards shipped in more quantity than others. Seems like zero SSCs shipped while some SC and BFG cards got shipped.

Maybe it depended on payment method?

Is there anything better than a fresh credit card in this situation?

Again, we'll move on like we always do in matters like this. Some of us are just pissed a little with the way this was handled. Yes, no harm, no foul. It's all good an shit like that. We are only discussing what transpired over the course of the week. No need to be self righteous and above all. There is no harm in talking about what happened. (a general statement...not calling any one person out)

If you don't see your money back after a couple of days, charge back with your CC. You'll win that dispute for sure since they didn't ship out the product and for every charge back, the merchant automatically gets charged a 35$ or so fee, in addition to the refund amount. This is to prevent "interest-free" loans going to companies.

I think this post needs more love for the people wanting to at least... ah, convince them to not let things like that happen (they will still happen, but hey).

My disappointment is worth well over $5. This is the last time I will purchase from buy.com, Amazon is miles ahead of them it just about everything (+ no tax in CA, faster free shipping).

You're right and that's exactly the point. It's a matter of principle here. Pricing mistake, fine. But when people are getting cards left and right while others are being told to shove off, it's infuriating to say the least. When I see people ordering late Saturday and getting a card vs. me ordering early Friday morning and ending up with a cancellation notice, I call bullshit. A lottery indeed! I'll move on like most. But practices like this shouldn't go unnoticed.

I'm actually quite the opposite. Once Wednesday passed I was no longer expecting to get the cards. They went backorder on an item that was EOL. You can hate against Buy.com all you want but they at least honored some orders, which is better than not honoring any, even though all three brands I ordered were canceled.

Yes I will continue to ship at Buy.com (though I barely do anyway, this was like first purchase in almost a year there), but no longer will I get excited over any great deals that may be available there. I wasn't planning on upgrading my 9600GT this time of year anyway, this was an impulse buy. You might as well check FS/FT and Ebay for the next week or two, as some of these will likely go up then, for hopefully some still decent prices.

My disappointment is worth well over $5. This is the last time I will purchase from buy.com, Amazon is miles ahead of them it just about everything (+ no tax in CA, faster free shipping).
The money they might lose from your loss of business is probably nothing compared to the money they would have lost filling all the orders for the GTX 280's at $200.

I agree it's unfair they filled some of the orders, though.
It seems weird they would empty their stock at $200 per card (When they are obviously losing money) and then not agree to lose more money refilling the stock.

A different question: Did anyone who ordered a BFG OC2 not get it shipped? And get cancelled today? Seems like a lot of OC2's went out, just wondering if they went backorder, too.

Ordered an SSC and an OC2 and got the cancellation e-mails today within a minute of one another. $10 in gift certs for doing nothing...works for me.

Did anyone else get this 5% coupon!? Or was it just me? LOL:

35094622hy4.jpg

Sweet!

I just got my refund from buy.com. they credit back the money from paypal:( I guess it is game over now.

Today I finally got the cancellation notice on the two OC2 cards that I ordered. I was kinda :( but with the talk of the awesomeness of the 295 I'm not too disappointed. It would have been cool to get overclocked 280s for that price but like others have said, at least I'm not out anything. Better to know than to be kept in limbo...

I'm not really mad at Buy.com; my 3 other purchases with them were great and at least they did fill some orders instead of nixing them all. Remember people, they could have recalled the ones that did ship, but they didn't... There's no denying that something is severely lacking on the logistical side to allow something as extreme as this to happen, though.

I just left them negative feedback on Resellerratings.com. They have a lot of bad feedback over this. $5.00 gift card was a slap in the face. I really would of been fine with a $20.00 credit or something like that. I'm sure some would say we should not of left bad feedback over a price mistake but it took a week for them to tell us. I called on Wednesday and they said they are looking for suppliers to fill the orders. Thats great but now they just call it a price mistake. I hope they loose a lot of business over this.

I just left them negative feedback on Resellerratings.com. They have a lot of bad feedback over this. $5.00 gift card was a slap in the face. I really would of been fine with a $20.00 credit or something like that. I'm sure some would say we should not of left bad feedback over a price mistake but it took a week for them to tell us. I called on Wednesday and they said they are looking for suppliers to fill the orders. Thats great but now they just call it a price mistake. I hope they loose a lot of business over this.

I hope they lose your business over this because if I was the Buy.com owner or a stock holder (or the proprietor of any business) ----I wouldn't want any customers of your kind/maturity...

I've ordered from buy.com for the last 10+ years --- ever since they were small. They've always been good to me. There's no way you have any ground to stand on to make your claim. Slap in the face??? No, the attempt to find suppliers, and then the graciousness to offer you something for nothing ($5 off anything with no restrictions) is a very positive example of their "customer service"

There are some people you just can't please.

Mods --- This thread should be locked --- it's embarrising to see this forum's members act this way.

I hope they lose your business over this because if I was the Buy.com owner or a stock holder (or the proprietor of any business) ----I wouldn't want any customers of your kind/maturity...

I've ordered from buy.com for the last 10+ years --- ever since they were small. They've always been good to me. There's no way you have any ground to stand on to make your claim. Slap in the face??? No, the attempt to find suppliers, and then the graciousness to offer you something for nothing ($5 off anything with no restrictions) is a very positive example of their "customer service"

I always buy from Newegg.com but this is my 3rd purchase from Buy.com. I have no problem with them emailing me on Monday or Tuesday and saying that it was a price mistake and we are sorry. I work for a large retail store in Chicago that also very popular online store. When we have a price mistake we correct it immediately and for the customers that call in to get that deal we do what ever it takes to make them happy. Sometimes even go under true cost.

These guys told me they were trying to get more. Not that it was a mistake. Then they changed the story to it was a mistake. If they said it from the beginning it would of been fine. I really don't care what you think. And just for the record people do read Resellerratings.com before buying items from online dealers. I deal with it everyday.

Oh well, kinda wished I had ordered the SC version instead, it's somewhat disappointing but if I had received the card I would be compelled to spend another $400 to upgrade my whole system to make it worth while, when I really should be using the money to buy new knives for work.

There are worse things in life to be upset about, this ain't one of them. I'm sure another deal will come along in a few weeks.

first of all it take them over an week to notice us with cancellation while my credit card been charged, 2nd i send them plenty email about this issue, and i never get a single response back. this kind of service never happen with newegg. i'm angry about buy.com is because they notify us so late and the no response from my email. phone call didn't result anything either.

So the SSC version was a price mistake?

It was a price mistake on all the 280s. They probably took a small loss on selling them at those prices. Given the 280s were discontinued already, it probably wasn't too bad letting them go at a small loss. But no way were they going to go out and buy more and sell them for less.

What is this "no harm no foul" crap, and "at least you got $5"? Who the frak cares about a measly 5 bucks! This cost me FAR more than 5 bucks, I sold my video card because I THOUGHT I was getting a new one! This "mistake" cost me over $100.00 bucks!
I'm sure people could have paid bills and stuff if that money had been available, Buy.com waits almost
a whole week to do this? And to fill a few orders shows that orders could have ALL been filled. (Congrats to the few that did get their card!) New Egg would have NEVER done this.
When companies like this screw over customers and dry up in a few years, I have NO sympathy when
they are in Bankruptcy. I'm sure Buy.com is doing fine now, but they won't KEEP doing fine if they
pull a couple more stunts like this. By the way, the $5.00 they gave you only benefits THEM, as they are now going to have thousands of people buying crap they don't need from them, just to use that
paltry, measly, insipidly small $5.00, so Buy.com wins again. Well, back to the drawing board.

Back