[H]ot - Hotline Miami - $2.49

This game is really great for those of you who like a challenge. Very fast paced, very unforgiving, rocking soundtrack. The graphics are awful and I think that really adds to the charm, think the original top-down GTA but worse.

So is this like Sleeping Dogs, only w/ much crappier graphics and in Miami instead of HK?

LOL that it only requires 250 MB of disk space. That is tiny by today's standards.

So is this like Sleeping Dogs, only w/ much crappier graphics and in Miami instead of HK?

LOL that it only requires 250 MB of disk space. That is tiny by today's standards.

I guess it's like Sleeping Dogs? Not really.

No, it's not really anything like Sleeping Dogs. It's more like an old arcade game than any modern 3D game. It's like a much faster mission-based version of the original top-down GTA but without the cars.

Looks kinda boring.
I'll stick with CoD Ghosts tyvm.

Hoo boy... :rolleyes:

Just as well, though. This game will chew you up, spit you out and leave a quarter on your ass. The regular story mode is tough enough, but trying to get all the unlockables is brutal.

In addition, the soundtrack is excellent and worth $2.49 on its own. All the songs are in a folder included with the game for your listening pleasure.

Loved this game. Try playing without the Lock-on buttons and really up the challenge.

The beta version was better to run when I was playing it around july last year. I think the beta code is hlm

Hope the 2nd one is just as good. I heared it was supposed to be an expansion to the 1st game.

this game was quite a surprise when i played it, really fun, you will die a lot but it's not frustrating at all, if you die it's just another chance to bash skulls in a different way and the soundtrack really sets the atmosphere.

I'm currently replaying it on the ps3 since i got it for free with plus, got all the weapons in the pc but missed a few masks, gonna try for most of the trophies

I was blown away by it for a day, after said day I realized I was only blown away because I was plastered. It's a challenge alright but not a fun one, and the repetition gets old.

As someone who doesn't play a lot of indie games, I really enjoyed this one, challenging, frustrating, but you feel good once you finally beat some of the tougher levels.

Though, I'm still not sure how my 7970 was able to handle this game, so demanding :).

Hotline Miami is rocking awesome. Did you like GTA/GTA2? If you did, buy this game. It's more violent, more brutal, with better music, but focused on missions and combat rather than open world and cars. Easily worth 2.50

GG!, albeit the price was the same January 2013 too.
I played for a couple of long sessions and after taking a break, my eyes were blasted. :-D

I guess it's like Sleeping Dogs? Not really.

No, it's not really anything like Sleeping Dogs. It's more like an old arcade game than any modern 3D game. It's like a much faster mission-based version of the original top-down GTA but without the cars.
After I asked the question, I decided to YT it and saw a video of it and saw that it's a much different game than I envisioned it.

I also found the soundtrack on YT, about 1.5 hours worth.

Speaking of YT, someone commented that during the X-mas sale, this game sold for $1.69.

After I asked the question, I decided to YT it and saw a video of it and saw that it's a much different game than I envisioned it.

I also found the soundtrack on YT, about 1.5 hours worth.

Speaking of YT, someone commented that during the X-mas sale, this game sold for $1.69.

Yea, but I mean... 80 cents is 80 cents.

Back