[H]OT for Students: MSDNAA - Vista Business 25.99$ shipped

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
If you are an engineering or computer science student in college and have an MSDNAA login, they finally added Windows Vista to the buyable software lists...

25.99$ shipped for me, it may vary by school or what program your college is enrolled in.

Here is the link to my schools page, you may need to search for yours, or check your semesterly emails for a login/url:

http://msdn03.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/Storefront.aspx?campus=ucf_compsci

Note: your school's MSDNAA administrator has to add it first, so pester yours if it's not listed.

My school, UMass, has it free for download through the MSDNAA. Is is just for a physical copy that you have to pay, or is it that price for you to download it too?

thats strange up here at penn state they didnt even charge us money for vista business. it was on the ISO downloadable format just like xp and all of those. i got it a month or so ago from our MSDNNA page

My school, UMass, has it free for download through the MSDNAA. Is is just for a physical copy that you have to pay, or is it that price for you to download it too?

You pay if you get a copy on physical media. They often have ones for check-out if you don't care about keeping the disk around, and some have downloads.

dang, only Computer Science or Computer Engineering for my school. Other engineers get left out.

Sweet, I already graduated (last qtr), but my account still works. I picked up another copy of Vista.

dang, only Computer Science or Computer Engineering for my school. Other engineers get left out.

It should work if you are registered for any course under a qualifying department. If you haven't taken your programming courses yet...

my little school has it... I don't really need it , but i might pick up a copy anyways just to mess around with vista on my macbook.

I wish they had office or office Mac on mine though.

edit: just ordered mine, came to $25.25 shipped for me

yeah they have Groove, Frontpage, visual studio, visio, windows xp pro and vista business. i guess the student & teacher version of office isn't a bad deal.

I downloaded mine from my MSDNAA site the day after Vista was released. Now they added the 64 bit version. Actually my school gave me the opportunity to download a cd and dvd version and gave me seperate keys for each one. So now I have two copies, three with the 64bit version.

I'm graduating from a technical school this semester with a degree in computer networking. Some of my classmates already ordered theirs off the MSDNAA. It wasn't $25.99 though. It was less than what the XP version was I believe. They didn't make downloadable ISO's available though. They said they didn't want to have to worry about managing that at my school.

nobi I feel you on that one, I hate them not lowering prices at UCI. I took an ICS class (not ics major) and downloaded most of the OSes they had. I could use another copy of vista.

Got mine free from the MSDNAA... walked into the server room with a blank DVD and the guy there burned me a DVD ISO of Vista for free to go with my Product Key from online...

Worked the same way with the MSDNAA at High School

I downloaded mine from my MSDNAA site the day after Vista was released. Now they added the 64 bit version. Actually my school gave me the opportunity to download a cd and dvd version and gave me seperate keys for each one. So now I have two copies, three with the 64bit version.

Sweet I just noticed this is true too. I got another vista business key.

My school has it for free :cool: Just to give you guys a heads up, for my school they have the CD version and DVD version listed, each gives you a different key ;)

Mine had free checkouts. The MSDN site would give you a key and that's what I'm using currently.

Good bit of free software between that and Visual Studio 2005 Pro. Hah, so that's 3 credit hours out of 124 worth of tuition I get back in software...lol.

Man, that first guy is gettin screwed.

I'm dual enrolled in the business and engineering college, I get 6 registerable copies of vista business. They have the CD version download, the DVD version and then the x64 version.

As such, the x64 I assume has a different code than the x32 version, but the cd and dvd versions are the exact same, just on different media. So I just "purchased" them, but adding them to my cart, checked out, wrote down the codes, and you have 4 x32 versions to register and 2 x64... I also have 4 xp pro's, etc etc.

That's about the only good thing I've had come out of going to college so far! Besides the $42,000 I have in debt leaving in 10 months.. lol

~m

my schools is jacked it says it has it but I dont see a place to register

You dont register. You have to be in a program that offers it. Business and ENGR offers it for my college. You use your login for those specific colleges as your login.

~m

weak sauce....... thats a total screw over if you ask me.

St Johns is soo retarded we have to print out a license agreement and sign it then bring it in just to get a copy of office XP pro

lol

forget about anything else .. cant get anything

Its an academic thing...you have to get it through the administrator of the MSDNAA program on campus. You usually need to be taking classes from certain departments.

wow here at UT nothing of vista or the new offices are even mentioned just your lame as xp shit and shitty .net visual studio 2003 and visio 2003.

UT sucks.

So I just "purchased" them, but adding them to my cart, checked out, wrote down the codes, and you have 4 x32 versions to register and 2 x64... I also have 4 xp pro's, etc etc.
~m

I did this a year ago. I have a couple of copies of XP Pro 32 bit and 64 bit that i will probably never use.

ima ask my admin tomorrow. i'm in the ITT CEET program (CEET = Computer Electronics Engineering Technology). think i qualify

any idea what do do if your school shows up, you are taking classes in said dept, but they refuse to give you a login?

any idea what do do if your school shows up, you are taking classes in said dept, but they refuse to give you a login?

There was a FAQ section that was specific to my school and they provided the email of the person to get in contact with to get a login.

Back