[H]ot: EVGA 780ti Classified $420 after MIR at Newegg.

Solid deal for those who are looking to sli. These cards are monster overclockers.

This becomes $399.99 after the $20 off 200 code going around, right?

I would definitely consider one of these over one of the stripped down 970s at this price point. The only major negative would be heat relative to Maxwell at that point. DSR and a few of the newer Maxwell features will be filtering down to Kepler eventually; I believe only MFAA and VXGI will be Maxwell exclusive due to additional functional units in the ROPs.

This becomes $399.99 after the $20 off 200 code going around, right?

Yeah, it should, making it even hotter. There's also a $30 off $300 code for new Newegg Business customers. B2BC30V7

Someone should post the $20 off 200 code. I hadn't heard about it. I'll update the OP with that info.

Would be easier to just post the code, instead of linking to slickdeals.

Code: VISACHECKOUT. Only works if checking out with visa checkout.

Hm, not to derail, but is there is a 780 (non-ti) @ GTX 780 @$290 after $30 MIR or $270 after code...

Is a 780Ti worth +$120 over a 780?

Here is the $20 off $200
http://slickdeals.net/f/7230930-10-...-visa-checkout-newegg-com-valid-thru-10-31-14

~2300 cores vs 2880 cores. The difference is appreciable, but yeah uncertain if the difference is $130 worth of appreciable. That's a great deal too. Also why I'm having to sell my heavily overclocked 770's for so little. :(

Would be easier to just post the code, instead of linking to slickdeals.

Code: VISACHECKOUT. Only works if checking out with visa checkout.

fixed.

Wake me when it's actually the good 780 Ti, the 2888, at this price point.

I wonder if these 780 Ti cards (at least lower branded ones, not EVGA) will drop to the $300 level by BF.

yeah, but bang/watt 970 easy win. and I like the idea if getting a card 3x as fast as my gtx 660 that uses same amount of power. :cool:

I wonder if these 780 Ti cards (at least lower branded ones, not EVGA) will drop to the $300 level by BF.

Given avg oc to avg oc the gtx 970 pretty much ties these..... I wouldn't call it unlikely at all. Add in more Vr, DSR, MfAA, cooler and quieter, etc and driver improvements that always come on new archs and it's a good argument for the 780ti losing value fast.

I would say that is unlikely. These price drops are clearly intended to clear out inventory of the GTX 78X cards, and once existing stock is depleted, the deals are gone too. Other than energy efficiency, I think the 780 Ti cards are a better deal currently than the 970 cards. If I were buying new today, I would consider either the 980 or the 780 Ti, but the former would be about $100 more for slightly better performance.

These cards are simply *not binned* they're classified PCB but haven't been tested. EVGA saw that they had saturated the market, and could save money by not putting in the effort to bin the chips. They weren't going to sell anyway, so sell them as cheaply as possible.

Like any current nvidia card, you can just take a bios from techpowerup and flash it. I have yet to find a single card that failed to sustain the clocks of the faster/non custom PCB cards.

Just like the vanilla EVGA 980 I bought is running ACX 2.0 Superclocked speeds. I took the fastest EVGA bios I could find, and just flashed the card with it.
I did this to my MSI 770's(before i went ahead and just modded my own bios).
I did this for my 560ti 448's too, bought 'classified' and when 'ultra classified' came out i just flashed that bios.

The hilarious thing is people are trying to sell basically the same cards (one is just a superclock non classy, so inferior even though stock clocks are faster, and the other is the 2888) here for ~$550+. What a ripoff. We should make sure this thread stays on top of [H]Deals as long as the deal is valid, so people don't get ripped off by them.

Last edited:
Yeah the recent inclusion of the free borderlands means you can't get the instant $20 off now :p

Even still, I think this is the best GPU deal on the market right now. You're basically guaranteed 980-like performance for $130 less than a 980.

Other than energy efficiency, I think the 780 Ti cards are a better deal currently than the 970 cards.

Not that the 780 Ti isn't a great card and a few weeks ago I was going to pull the trigger on one or two , but I"d suggest you actually try a 970 though, see the OC headroom and the low temps at full load and then determine if you feel the same. I've been blown away by my MSI 970 Gaming. 1500Mhz core and 8000Mhz Mem on stock voltage and 60-62C at load. It blows by the scores of a 780Ti with a decent overclock.

Even still, I think this is the best GPU deal on the market right now. You're basically guaranteed 980-like performance for $130 less than a 980.

Nah, average 970oc (1500mhz) vs average 780ti oc (1200mhz, a little more on air sometimes like 1250) is basically a tie with the 970 winning out a nice amount in some cases but not all. The 980 is a small tier up of its own entirely. It's really a deal only potentially for someone already on water with one of these classified cards already who wants to go water-cooled sli. Otherwise it isn't worth a second look. I can link a review in a bit but it's pretty common knowledge. That's why the Maxwell 2.0 cards are selling like all holy hell off the shelves. Cooler, quieter, cheaper, MfAA soon, less heat output and just this side of guaranteed great oc, all while being a little bit higher speed and cheaper (970) or a bit more but faster and all of the above (980). All oc to oc mind you, stock to stock the 970 is easily ahead.

will this sli fine with my evga superclocked? The sli will downclock to the lower card right?

Given avg oc to avg oc the gtx 970 pretty much ties these..... I wouldn't call it unlikely at all. Add in more Vr, DSR, MfAA, cooler and quieter, etc and driver improvements that always come on new archs and it's a good argument for the 780ti losing value fast.

I would say that is unlikely. These price drops are clearly intended to clear out inventory of the GTX 78X cards, and once existing stock is depleted, the deals are gone too. Other than energy efficiency, I think the 780 Ti cards are a better deal currently than the 970 cards. If I were buying new today, I would consider either the 980 or the 780 Ti, but the former would be about $100 more for slightly better performance.
I can see both arguments. I think $300 may be a bit unrealistic to expect by BF of this year for a 780 Ti, but I think $330-350 is definitely achievable.

Back