[H]ot ? e8400 for $119? Coming soon...

i got one of these with the dell 30% deal a few weeks ago. It always amazes me on how quickly all this stuff drops in price!

What's a good inexpensive board for this chip?

(anything above $100 is a non-starter)

Sixteen HUNDRED?

That's *taller* than my Celeron DC!

I'd have to lower (not raise) the multi with an FSB that tall.
I hope the mobo allows that.....

Totally false. The E8400 runs with a 1333MHz FSB with a 9.0 multiplier. Great deal, BTW. I spent $200 on mine last year but still worth every penny, IMO. :D

Totally false. The E8400 runs with a 1333MHz FSB with a 9.0 multiplier. Great deal, BTW. I spent $200 on mine last year but still worth every penny, IMO. :D

Just built my wifes box this morning with a cheap G31 biostar board for $40-$50'ish (I got it because it has DVI onboard...and has pci-e x16 if I want to upgrade later).

I will let ya all know how she likes it..although I'm wondering if I should have gotten the E8400 instead of the Q8200 I bough her for $99.99

These 'private label' CPUs from MC drive me crazy. It's impossible to search for them on the site afaik and even if you click on the product category it doesn't show them all - try it with this and you'll see the e8400 is not listed. Is it the in-store-only ones that aren't in the product categiry on the website? The reason it frustrates me is tha tI've got a MC a long but drivable distance away. I'd be willing to go there for some of these deals but aside from threads like this there doesn't seem to be a way to know all the CPU deals.

These 'private label' CPUs from MC drive me crazy. It's impossible to search for them on the site afaik and even if you click on the product category it doesn't show them all - try it with this and you'll see the e8400 is not listed. Is it the in-store-only ones that aren't in the product categiry on the website? The reason it frustrates me is tha tI've got a MC a long but drivable distance away. I'd be willing to go there for some of these deals but aside from threads like this there doesn't seem to be a way to know all the CPU deals.

It shows them all here, I think, at least for me.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?coordinate_group=HB3C

Nope, unless your browser shows more than mine :p I see 8 CPUs there. Notice no e8400? And yet the link in the OP of this thread goes directly to the e8400 'private label' CPU.

Nope, unless your browser shows more than mine :p I see 8 CPUs there. Notice no e8400? And yet the link in the OP of this thread goes directly to the e8400 'private label' CPU.

It only shows 8 for you cause there are none at your location probably. Select Boston/Cambridge and it will show 9, including the e8400.

Yeah I thought about that this morning and that's what it is. I still wish they listed all the deals even if OOS.

Messiah, you might have to update the BIOS if your mobo is one of the earlier shipped ones.

Just picked up the last one at the Chicago store, got it for the $119 too, new stepping EO.

i just wanted to say I absolutely love my e8400.

Would buy it again in a heartbeat. It ***PERFECTLY*** matches my 8800GTX's speed so that there is no bottleneck between the two.

I run fallout 3 @ 1920x1080 at medium high details and it never chokes.

Same with battlefield 2 but everything as high as it can go.

I figure I can always lower the resolution on more demanding games like GTA IV becuase i'd rather save my money than spend it towards..

REVELATION!!!!!!!!

THE VIDEO CARD IS PROBABLY THE MATERIAL GOOD WITH THE HIGHEST DEPRECIABLE VALUE FOR THE COMMON 15-25 YR OLD..

Wow... wrap your head around that batman.

i just wanted to say I absolutely love my e8400.

Would buy it again in a heartbeat. It ***PERFECTLY*** matches my 8800GTX's speed so that there is no bottleneck between the two.

I run fallout 3 @ 1920x1080 at medium high details and it never chokes.

Same with battlefield 2 but everything as high as it can go.

I figure I can always lower the resolution on more demanding games like GTA IV becuase i'd rather save my money than spend it towards..

REVELATION!!!!!!!!

THE VIDEO CARD IS PROBABLY THE MATERIAL GOOD WITH THE HIGHEST DEPRECIABLE VALUE FOR THE COMMON 15-25 YR OLD..

Wow... wrap your head around that batman.

I figure the vehicle would be :)

ah so, but can your average 15-25 year old afford a brand new vehicle on their own? I'm talking 10 miles on the vehicle where it loses 4000 dollars as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Now *THAT* is depreciation for the rich people... which your average 15-25 year old is not

Back