[H]OT DEAL: Acer Recertified Monitors Back In Stock (X34 Predator $730, XR341CK $600 and more)

mine arrived today, 1st one, xb271hu

shows 18 hours of use in the service menu. looks pretty much perfect screenwise. browsed a few webpages, played a few games. didn't test BLB, but i use a black desktop background and can't tell anything. did some color tests and happy with those as well, no dead pixels as far as i can tell.

didn't come with a USB cable for the usb ports on it. there are scratches where the monitor goes into the stand, but everything else is ok. happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
mine arrived today, 1st one, xb271hu

shows 18 hours of use in the service menu. looks pretty much perfect screenwise. browsed a few webpages, played a few games. didn't test BLB, but i use a black desktop background and can't tell anything. did some color tests and happy with those as well, no dead pixels as far as i can tell.

didn't come with a USB cable for the usb ports on it. there are scratches where the monitor goes into the stand, but everything else is ok. happy with the purchase.

How do you check for hours used?

just got my XB270HU BPRZ from ebay and it is just about perfect. tiny bit of backlight bleed on right side. only noticeable when screen is entirely black.

i'm totally stoked with it.

only problem is, it didn't come with a gtx 1080 so i'm still using the onboard video of my new skylake build since i sold my xfire setup a couple weeks ago.

all i need now is patience.

I have their 32" WQHD and would not mind a few more. Bring on refurbs for $199 or something :)

does that leak apply to this acer planetROI deal too? I think i used my CC between those dates...

I just ordered a brand new one, from another site, no tax, free shipping, $200 more for new is better than refurb. Going to power it with 2xGTX 1080 G1 Gaming cards. I should be good for 2-3 years with this setup.

I just ordered a brand new one, from another site, no tax, free shipping, $200 more for new is better than refurb. Going to power it with 2xGTX 1080 G1 Gaming cards. I should be good for 2-3 years with this setup.

I did sent them a question about the pricing but no reply, it is pretty crappy that they were selling them pretty good at $729 and now they haven't been able to sell more that 1 unit in the last month, they still have the 4 units on Ebay.

Still waiting for that magical $729. I wonder if it will drop further with the X34P coming out?

Way too much for a refurb. These things should be $600 new at this point. Or cheaper.

Way too much for a refurb. These things should be $600 new at this point. Or cheaper.

X34 or XB271HU?

X34 brand new for $600, I'm not totally sure about that. I agree $1300 brand new is overpriced though. As for the XB271HU for $600 brand new, yeah that should be the price from the get go.

Wont happen until someone other then LG starts producing these panels. + Asus and Acer are the only ones making these, so no competition. + Nvidia Tax for Gsync.

I bought mine for $850.

My recertified X34 arrived Thursday, I had it up and running that evening, spent most of it just getting my existing games all running in 21:9 and all of them did;
World of Tanks and World of Warships
Skyrim SE and Fallout4
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 2
I even loaded up X3 Reunion and it had native support for 21:9 and 3440x1440 right from the start.

It took a day or so to get used to the new feel of this display, and it died on me mid game Sunday night. No power LED, nothing.
I am contacting Acer Support now to see what they say.

Remember, mine was a recertified so it already failed once, a second time might be no surprise, we'll see how this goes.

I bought mine for $850.

My recertified X34 arrived Thursday, I had it up and running that evening, spent most of it just getting my existing games all running in 21:9 and all of them did;
Skyrim SE and Fallout4
I even loaded up X3 Reunion and it had native support for 21:9 and 3440x1440 right from the start.

It took a day or so to get used to the new feel of this display, and it died on me mid game Sunday night. No power LED, nothing.

Remember, mine was a recertified so it already failed once, a second time might be no surprise, we'll see how this goes.

Wow. That really sucks. Sorry to hear, and wish you luck with Acer Support.

Wow. That really sucks. Sorry to hear, and wish you luck with Acer Support.

I got an email today offering a refund for the return. I'll send it back and take the refund. I figure they can't offer a replacement if they don't have one ready to go in stock, and these sell pretty quickly.

But if I had the bug for one before, I am a junky for one now. I had it just long enough to get used to it and really start to like it, and maybe not long enough for the cons to start overriding the shock of the new, if you know what I mean.

I'll probably go all out for a new one for the longer warranty and the "hopefully" improved chance at a unit that had better build and QC.

I said hopefully :D

I was lucky enough to snag a refurb from Woot over the summer and (fingers-crossed) no problems yet.

I am sorely tempted by some of the 4K displays now on-sale for the superbowl, but I can't really justify one paired up with the x34. That would just be weird.

I got an email today offering a refund for the return. I'll send it back and take the refund. I figure they can't offer a replacement if they don't have one ready to go in stock, and these sell pretty quickly.

But if I had the bug for one before, I am a junky for one now. I had it just long enough to get used to it and really start to like it, and maybe not long enough for the cons to start overriding the shock of the new, if you know what I mean.

I'll probably go all out for a new one for the longer warranty and the "hopefully" improved chance at a unit that had better build and QC.

I said hopefully :D
Darn was gonna see if you wanted to sell it broken :)

I was lucky enough to snag a refurb from Woot over the summer and (fingers-crossed) no problems yet.

I am sorely tempted by some of the 4K displays now on-sale for the superbowl, but I can't really justify one paired up with the x34. That would just be weird.

Actually that is exactly what I am imagining for the future, my 34" X34 with a 40" 4K directly above it for content that it does better.

Actually that is exactly what I am imagining for the future, my 34" X34 with a 40" 4K directly above it for content that it does better.

Wow. Now you've got me dreaming....
Have to see about a wall-mount, because I don't know how else you'd put the tv above it.

Last edited:

You just had to go and say that, didn't you! I was happy with my setup until now. I've gone and bought a wall mount and plan to swing by Costco tomorrow to pick up the Samsung UN40KU6290D tomorrow! I've got just the right space for it!

my%20setup_zpsltgtkwco.jpg

I bought mine for $850.

Skyrim SE and Fallout4

There's a possibility its actually the power brick. I've had that happen to a monitor before. See if they'll send you one of those first.

You just had to go and say that, didn't you! I was happy with my setup until now. I've gone and bought a wall mount and plan to swing by Costco tomorrow to pick up the Samsung UN40KU6290D tomorrow! I've got just the right space for it!

my%20setup_zpsltgtkwco.jpg

Nice taste in beer although I lean more towards either Hefewiezen or Guiiness

There's a possibility its actually the power brick. I've had that happen to a monitor before. See if they'll send you one of those first.

It's already boxed and the wife is dropping it by FEDEX this morning. I'll get my $850 back and just buy a new one, probably from the egg.

Alright, I wanted to make sure you guys know how things went for me with Acer Recertified on my X34 that went bad.
The Unit arrived last Thursday, it died Sunday night.
My wife dropped it off at Fedex for return yesterday.
Today I have a refund in my PayPal account which will be credited to my Credit Card account.

They were straight to the point, no muss no fuss, and professional in my case. These guys handled it so well, I am tempted to buy another refurb even though I was strongly leaning toward springing for a new one from Newegg now that I know I like the display.

Anyone would be careful about dropping better then a grand on a monitor that they have never seen in action or spent any time on. But now that I have, the cost seems more reasonable.

I'm sure you'd rather have a working display, but it sounds like they handled it as well as could be expected. Still, sorry to hear about the problems, and it's a hassle to go through all that. Hope you find a replacement (whether another X34 or not) that works for you.

I'm sure you'd rather have a working display, but it sounds like they handled it as well as could be expected. Still, sorry to hear about the problems, and it's a hassle to go through all that. Hope you find a replacement (whether another X34 or not) that works for you.

Thanx, the purchase was a surprise for my wife, I was already talking about ordering a replacement and she was trying to slow me down.

This Korean girl just does not understand the concept of "A force of nature" :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I hear you. I'm always working around the speed-bump that my wife has become when it comes to spending on technology.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm always working around the speed-bump that my wife has become when it comes to spending on technology.

Years of gaming while I was in the Army lead me, first to become an instructor on a newly fielded automated intelligence processing system, and after I retired, I was able to get into IT work which I have been doing for 19 years now. It was more than entertainment, it was an investment.

Wow. That's awesome. So you have a real business interest in upgrading. Me? I'm just goofing around because I love this stuff.

Wow. That's awesome. So you have a real business interest in upgrading. Me? I'm just goofing around because I love this stuff.

Exactly how I got started.

I had a strange start with computers, when I was in Korea in the early 80s I didn't know a damned thing. I was getting out and I bought Atari 1200XL which was comparable to a Commodore 64. I arrived back home in Texas with me new Korean wife and went to work at my old man's sheet metal business, construction work. But when I had talked to my Dad about leaving the Army and coming home, he had missed me so bad, he didn't tell me that he didn't actually have any work going. The construction world was in a major slump at that time, businesses were folding left and right. And my Dad was carrying his best friend, the foreman, my brother-n-law, a nephew, and now his son, and he wouldn't lay anybody off. It wasn't good ..... and then the wife figured out that she was pregnant ..... and it was worse. It was also at this time that I bought a Basic Language cartridge for my Atari and figured out how to write a simple addition program. I showed it to my Dad, at that time he still used pencils and a calculator to go over a set of blueprints and figure out all the materials and labor for putting A/C into hospitals. Within three months I had taught myself Basic and had a working functional program that allowed my Dad to do three days of work in three hours and be extremely consistent in his bidding. I'm not going to claim I saved his business, but I think it paid off for him.

And I went back into the Army, where I made more before the benefits than my Dad could pay me, and took some pressure off his company pocket book. Then I bought an Amiga 1000 in 1986, and if you had one of those, sooner or later you would want to upgrade some chips, I think the "Gary" chip upgrade allowed you to use another Meg of system RAM as video RAM, you had to use a chip puller and then cut a trace on the mainboard with an X-acto knife, and then solder a new connection on the mainboard, and you are doing this surgery on a computer that cost $1600 in 1986 :eek:

Amiga was bought by Commodore and Commodore died for lack of quality software vendor support, best computer hardware going but you couldn't get any decent software for it, Intel and Mac owned the world then. Oh I suppose Commodore's terrible business practices had something to do with it, business meeting in the Caymans, etc.

And so I moved to PCs, 386DX was my first I think. Then it was sound cards and video cards an a Monster Vodoo 2, and drivers and editing the autoexec.bat and config.sys, using a hex editor on my favorite game's executable to change all the "passwords" in the user manual, (anyone remember "Go to Page 14, 2nd Paragraph, 1st Sentence, 3rd Word" ?) I found all the words and changed them on the disk so they were all the same word, then I just used the same one word instead of having to look them up. Overclocking, water cooling, peltiers, and manually cleaning out a virus because the AV software couldn't do it.

And one day I retired from the Army and a company hired me to be an instructor on a mobile training team under contract for the Army, travel and teach. And then an opening came up at Fort Bragg for a field software support guy and I got my break. I was just geeky enough and had a good enough reputation that they took a chance. Now it was Solaris and VAX VMS and the beginning of a real IT career. A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, VMware, and now Enterprise storage systems like NetApp and Dell Equalogics, Hitachi, and I haven't worked with them yet but 3PAR and EMC are sure to follow.

Anyway, you can get started just goofing around but you never know where a lifetime of goofing around might take you (y)

Hey, thanks for that. It's fascinating how life takes you places you'd never dreamt of before. Congrats for following your interest and having it turn into a career. That's awesome. I'd love to see a thread where people talk about how they first got into PCs and what they've dealt with. It isn't all just twitchy gamers and overclocking!

Hey, thanks for that. It's fascinating how life takes you places you'd never dreamt of before. Congrats for following your interest and having it turn into a career. That's awesome. I'd love to see a thread where people talk about how they first got into PCs and what they've dealt with. It isn't all just twitchy gamers and overclocking!

I bet there are some awesome stories from the guys here. Mine isn't all that special, it's more a product of the age I grew up in and I am certainly not alone.

Back