[H]OT DEAL: Acer Recertified Monitors Back In Stock (X34 Predator $730, XR341CK $600 and more)

The xb270hu comes in two flavors; LCD and IPS (denoted by a suffix that follows the first part of the model name). The IPS version sold out, all they have left is the LCD.

Deals were smoking hot, and I was dang tempted to pull the trigger on either the xr341ck or perhaps the xb270hu. Decided to pass (for now). Before committing to freesync or gsync, I'd like to see either AMD's Polaris or Nvidia's Pascal for sale versus coming out of the gate with an inferior gpu (especially if trying to run 3440x1440 with a single gpu).

The xb270hu comes in two flavors; LCD and IPS (denoted by a suffix that follows the first part of the model name). The IPS version sold out, all they have left is the LCD.

Deals were smoking hot, and I was dang tempted to pull the trigger on either the xr341ck or perhaps the xb270hu. Decided to pass (for now). Before committing to freesync or gsync, I'd like to see either AMD's Polaris or Nvidia's Pascal for sale versus coming out of the gate with an inferior gpu (especially if trying to run 3440x1440 with a single gpu).

This is exactly the same reason I am holding off on purchasing my monitor/graphics card combo.. I am hoping a single GPU will properly max out a 3440x1440 display.. Unless its such a gigantic leap that it can max 4K as well...

Ordered the monitor at 9:30AM last Friday. They still haven't shipped it out..... Got a voicemail from them on Tuesday to "confirm I actually ordered this". Apparently there is no direct way to contact them either, the number they left was for their tech support not customer service, so I had him put a physical note on the customer service rep's desk who called me. 24 hours go by didn't get any response, so I left them 2 voicemails, sent them 2 emails, 48 hours goes by still no response. I finally tell them in a 3rd email I really need to get an answer on this and they finally respond with "Your order has been received and is currently being processed. It should ship out within 24 to 48 hours." seesh we are almost on 1 week to ship the monitor. My CC was offically billed on Monday too. Fingers crossed they actually ship the right one this time.

This is kind of late, but did I just see "LCD and IPS"? >_>

IPS is an LCD panel type, you know? TN, VA, PLS, IPS, etc... they're all LCD.

Here's a good overview of panel types for the interested... Panel Technologies - TN Film, MVA, PVA, IPS, PLS

Acer - hahahahahhahahaha.:confused: I'm sorry to hear that but it only proves that Acer is .... company.

Reactions: Liver
like this
Also remember this isn't Acer, they contract their refurbs out to a 3rd party called Planet ROI. They are allowed to use the Acer name but do refurbs for other brands too, they mostly focus on Acer though. They have a storefront on ebay too.

Which model? I can never catch the X34 in stock, I figure I'll chance it if I do.

Ordered an XB1 yesterday. Hoping I have better luck then that cracked screen.

How long did it take for it to come in?
They shipped both my X34's on a thursday eventhough one was ordered on a Friday and the other a Monday so plan accordinly :) They ship FedEx ground from Texas, 1st one took 4 buesiness days, 2nd one took 5 buesiness days to get to NY.

Mine arrived with cracked screen too... so sad. Getting a refund soon.
Kinda makes you wonder if they are scamming FedEx, think about it, ship out a defective monitor, pack it badly so it breaks in transit. Claim insurance to cover it, profit.

Just tested my refurb X34 (2nd attempt since they first sent me the Freesync version by accident). I am shocked, I won the lottery! Paid $729.99 for this bad boy and it's preforming better than the 2 I paid full price for. Packaged with the styrofoam just like from the manufacture, cables packaged well too, only complaint is the front panel was slightly off but snapped right back in.

So here are what I tested:
Scanlines: There are almost none if any! Tested at 30-100 FPS I never though I would be saying this but I really can' see them very well if at all, even with my face right up to the monitor. Obliviously I am still in shock over this and will continue to test. If anyone has seen my previous posts, they know I have been very vocal about this.
Dead Pixels: None! (1st one had some)
No Scratches
Back Light Bleed: Got the typical top and bottom left, no complaints looks like everyone's.
Color Banding: None, even on the black spectrum (my 1st one had that issue).
OC: Overclocked to 100hz, no screen flickering.
Coil Whine: None! (2nd one had this) Tested at 30-100 FPS
No wake from sleep issue so far (1st one suffered from this)

Just tested my refurb X34 (2nd attempt since they first sent me the Freesync version by accident). I am shocked, I won the lottery! Paid $729.99 for this bad boy and it's preforming better than the 2 I paid full price for. Packaged with the styrofoam just like from the manufacture, cables packaged well too, only complaint is the front panel was slightly off but snapped right back in.

Scanlines: There are almost none if any! Tested at 30-100 FPS I never though I would be saying this but I really can' see them very well if at all, even with my face right up to the monitor. Obliviously I am still in shock over this and will continue to test. If anyone has seen my previous posts, they know I have been very vocal about this.
Dead Pixels: None!
No Scratches
Back Light Bleed: Got the typical top and bottom left, no complaints looks like everyone's.
Coil Whine: None! Tested at 30-100 FPS
Congrats! Gives me hope that I might get a good XB1.

Dead Pixels: None! (1st one had some)
No Scratches
Coil Whine: None! (2nd one had this) Tested at 30-100 FPS
No wake from sleep issue so far (1st one suffered from this)

Congrats man....yea no issues with XB1 that I got either. Hoping to order another soon.

The X34 was back in stock and I managed to grab one. Hope it arrives in decent condition.

I recently got a Dell 34" curved at work and it's amazing, so I am converted.

Edit: Acer charged me three times and never emailed me any sort of confirmation, so not a good start. :(

Last edited:
Getting my second XB271HU today, the first one had a shattered screen... Hoping for the best!

Attachments

• 20160318_103943.jpg
    20160318_103943.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 113
All of those pics look like the upper corners of the screen were the impact points...I wonder WTF caused that?

Back