[H]ot - BioShock for $15 on Steam

works like a charm, and didn't take to long to download at all. that was convent enough that I may have to do it again.

I just bought it too, even though I've got it (and beat it) on 360. Well worth $15, even with the double-dip.

Game looks amazing, blows the 360 version out the water (pun intended). Its not getting any cheaper, get it while you can.

I bit on it yesterday--always wanted to play it.

Doesn't run too well on my 7900GT, can only play it at 1024x768 with everything on high, but it still looks pretty darn good.

Wow nice, I was looking to pick this up, even at the cheap price of 30 but this seals the deal. Don't really care about securom or whatever.

I got in for a copy and played only a few minutes, but it looks to be a very good game. Thanks OP.

Its "only" 25$ + VAT in EU (regular price is still 50$ + VAT ) :mad:

I bought it but I hate the fact that different regions have different prices and lots of games arent even available outside North America.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. My listed DL speed was 8 MB/s so it only took about 15 minutes.

Just picked it up...only played the demo and it seemed pretty cool, so I'll give it a try.

works like a charm, and didn't take to long to download at all. that was convent enough that I may have to do it again.

same here, never used steam to buy a game. i will have to do it again if they get another good game deal going

I bit. Got it right before I went to sleep so I could play it today. Then my ISP decided to take some time off. Maybe I can play it tomorrow after work.

same here, never used steam to buy a game. i will have to do it again if they get another good game deal going

Steam is awesome, it works like advertised. The best feature is that your account is not locked into one machine. Like when I set up my new rig once I installed it all my games bought from Stream (on my old computer) were already listed! Obviously they weren't installed, but you just double-click and then it will auto-install. They are adding a feature soon that will allow your saved games to transfer over from computers (like if you lost a computer to a fire then you can build a new machine and it will still have your games and the save games!). Overall all smooth painless experience. No BS, good prices too.

lol I my rig can't even RUN this game but I bought it anyway...gotta think for the future, that way when I can finally play it, it will be selling for $10

I own it, and installed it from a Target deal that was going on.

I plan on beating it, then re-installing Vista to get any of the crap off.

Good thing you can extend the Vista registration window. I have 60 days to beat Bioshock

Other people may have had different troubles with it, but in my expierience:

The game just would not launch from steam, and I had to remove and re download the whole game again. That was when I only had 768k. Btw, thats not fun.

Also, I could not connect to some servers after a patch came out. I beleive it was because patches hit later on steam than normally.

Back