[H]ot: Asus Sabretooth 990FX $59 shipped @ Frys

This one of my favorite motherboards of all time. (Been building computers since 1995).

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what to do with one. At this point picking up a used 2500k and z68 motherboard offers better performance for the same price.

Still an awesome deal if you already have an AMD AM3 processor around.

Highly unlikely to ship imo. Pretty sure the upc is from rev1 of the board. Note in store pickup has no items available.

Nice as a backup board so I went ahead and purchased it. Perhaps I will build a cheap build around it as I come across cheap parts from time to time. I am done with overclocking for now but, you just never know when you might need a board just in case.

Edit: MrSneis: It actually says it will ship about July 3rd and it is a revision 1 board. (For $59, nothing to complain about.)

Looks like I barely squeaked in then. I almost never get in on these deals.

And just like Keyser Söze, my order is gone ;)

Dear xxxxx :

Thank you for your order #xxxxxxxxxxx .

Due to overwhelming demand or insufficient availability from our
supplier(s) we are unable to fulfill your entire order. Please note
the item(s) listed below have been removed from your order because
it is no longer available.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION QTY PRICE REASON
____________________ ______________________________ ___ ___________ ____________________
6650164 Asus Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ 1 59.00

Frys.com apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Please contact us if we can further assist you. Your satisfaction
is extremely important to us.

Thank you for choosing Frys.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Dept

Tel: 1-408-350-1484
Fax: 1-408-487-4700
Customer Service Team http://www.frys.com/template/help/index/

Find us on Facebook!
http://facebook.com/fryselectronics

figured. I knew store pickup was not an option, should have tried to do shipping, though based on above result, looks unlikely to have succeeded.

Oh well, I did not need it anyways. Sleep was more important. :D Keeping copies of my email just in case they accidently charge me or something. (I do not think they will, just being on the safe side.)

figured. I knew store pickup was not an option, should have tried to do shipping, though based on above result, looks unlikely to have succeeded.

I ordered at 6:40AM while shipping was still an option. Looks like it would not have made a difference - unless I had ordered in the first few minutes after it was listed last night.

Ordered at 5:30 this morning, no cancelation yet ... fingers crossed. Was going to post this, but had to get to work.

Seems to be going through for $5 in store pickup, too bad there are no stores around me... anyone to help out a fellow [H]? :p

Someone needs to grab that display model from the San Diego store.

At least I received an explanation:

Dear xxxxxxx ,

We regret to inform you that the Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard
(Fry's item number 6650164) which you recently ordered is
unavailable. Due to an inadvertent system issue, this product was
incorrectly made available for back orders even though it has not
been available from the manufacturer for over a year. We apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your
business and hope that we will continue to have the opportunity to
earn your trust.

Sincerely,

The Frys.com Team