[H]ot - Arc Midi $70 - New Egg

GF has this case, pretty good. Fan controller that comes with it is complete and utter crap. Also the thumbscrews on it were machine tightened or something because they were damn impossible to untighten by hand. Only complaints.

GF has this case, pretty good. Fan controller that comes with it is complete and utter crap. Also the thumbscrews on it were machine tightened or something because they were damn impossible to untighten by hand. Only complaints.

I have one & the fan controller though not great.. it does work fine.. The thumbscrews on mine were crossthreaded from the factory so that wasnt good..

Overall though.. great case for 70 bucks still.. hell its a good case for 100..

Can't speak highly enough of the Arc Mini and Arc Midi - my two favorite cases maybe ever, running one of each here. I've got a watercooled i5-3570k and 2 x GTX680's also watercooled packed into an Arc Mini (the Micro ATX version) - more power per footprint than I've ever had.

How does well does an H100 fit in there?

Perfectly. Hell you could probably get one into the Arc MIDI without too much trouble since its got the cutouts for a 2 x 120mm rad. Both these cases are built watercooling-friendly due to the design of the top that clearly had radiators in mind - fully vented with lots of screw holes for various radiator/fan sizes.

Last edited:
Damn I think I am going to have to order one.
Now to trick someone into buying a Cosmos 1000.
Or maybe my first mod project.

I bought one of these recently and it is a pretty great case. The thumbscrews were crazy tight.

The fan controller doesn't work as well as what I'm used to though.

For this price, it's a really good case though.

When you guys say the fan controller does not work well what do you mean?

It comes with a chinsy potentiometer pci fan controller. I don't think most people with a decent mobo that has enough fan headers would even bother with it. I know mine is still sitting unused in its bag.

When you guys say the fan controller does not work well what do you mean?

Fan controller seemed to work ok but we found that fans were not actuallly spinning half the time, eventually it just started causing the fans to make horrible whining noises and not spin at all at any setting. Threw it out.

Back