[H]ot AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz (95W) Processor $150.00 Frys B&M

Hellbent88

Limp Gawd
Listed in the Indianapolis frys add, check your add.

Great deal for those who missed the 1075T frys deal.

The add shows its the new 95W model but there website shows it as 125W so make sure that you get the correct one.

95W 1055T HDT55TWFGRBOX

125W 1055T HDT55TFBGRBOX

$185 here in CA, doesn't even list the 95w version as far as I can tell. Still a good price, but yea for $150 it'd be smokin'.

Whose leg do I have to hump around here to get a Fry's near me? ROFL

btw, I've built several of these 1055t / 1090t 6 core chips on all these cheap AMD boards and I can almost always get them to 3.9 - 4.2Ghz.

Real world performance? Compared to my i7 950 @ 4.2Ghz system that I personally use, zero difference in games, desktop performance and nearly all apps are the same.

I also build professional systems for CAD firms using Solidworks 2010/11. There are some real differences in performance there and I am sure other high end applications but for day to day use, you will not see any difference, feel any difference whatsoever. If you're some 21 year old kid, then sure, you're not going to listen and you're going to spend the extra $200 dollars to go i7.

Whose leg do I have to hump around here to get a Fry's near me? ROFL

Seeing Fry's deals allways makes me sad, since the closest one is Indiana, and requires a 14 hour drive.

My saving grace is that i have a Microcenter about 3 miles away. Win some, lose some.

Last edited:
btw, I've built several of these 1055t / 1090t 6 core chips on all these cheap AMD boards and I can almost always get them to 3.9 - 4.2Ghz.

Real world performance? Compared to my i7 950 @ 4.2Ghz system that I personally use, zero difference in games, desktop performance and nearly all apps are the same.

I also build professional systems for CAD firms using Solidworks 2010/11. There are some real differences in performance there and I am sure other high end applications but for day to day use, you will not see any difference, feel any difference whatsoever. If you're some 21 year old kid, then sure, you're not going to listen and you're going to spend the extra $200 dollars to go i7.

$199 microcenter i7 930 + EVGA B stock x58 tri sli board for $99 = i didnt spend the extra $200 for my setup. :D

good to know , i have to check here in san diego if the deals up.

I've been waiting for the 95w version to show up!

Too bad I don't have a Fry's close by. :(

$199 microcenter i7 930 + EVGA B stock x58 tri sli board for $99 = i didnt spend the extra $200 for my setup. :D

Have you had good luck with those B-Stock boards? I need to build my brother a computer on a budget and that certainly is an attractive option that I had never considered.

Have you had good luck with those B-Stock boards? I need to build my brother a computer on a budget and that certainly is an attractive option that I had never considered.

So far so good here, $99 B-stock Tri-SLI and a $229 i7-950 = 4.25GHz
Use Amex if you've got it for the mobo to get an extra year of warranty (15 months total isn't too bad).

freakin runs like a dream, i have 930 at 4ghz. overclocking an i7 system is a bit more complicated then i thought but after googling and reading i got it down. just make sure if you do buy one, take the chipset heatsink off and redo the tim.

So far so good here, $99 B-stock Tri-SLI and a $229 i7-950 = 4.25GHz
Use Amex if you've got it for the mobo to get an extra year of warranty (15 months total isn't too bad).
I believe AMEX extended warranty is only for new items, not refurbished.

I believe AMEX extended warranty is only for new items, not refurbished.

Nothing in the language on their website specifically says new items, just that it extends the original manufacturer's warranty...since EVGA is the manufacturer in this case, I don't see any reason it wouldn't apply.

The Fry's in Houston had a correction posted: the item on sale is a 125W part, not 95W. Almost bought one anyway...

The Fry's in Houston had a correction posted: the item on sale is a 125W part, not 95W. Almost bought one anyway...

Sorry to hear no go on 95W version. fry's list shit wrong all the time here in Indy!!! They had a 23" acer LCD monitor listed as Nvidia 3D ready for $189.00 and the rep swore it was 3D ready :rolleyes: ended up not being 120Hz

The southwest Houston store has at least one correction posted at all times, it seems.

$150 is still a pretty good deal even for the 125W part.

Just looked online, and they're out of stock at my Fry's. Might still swing by just in case.

Back