[H]OT AMD 3900X for $400 at MC, plus $20 mobo combo discount

Yeah it's cheaper there, but the approximately 30 gallons of gas required to drive there and back kind of makes the $20 upcharge worth it ;)

This is definitely the price/performance sweet spot. I love mine.

Yeah, I figured after this price cut hit that it was only a matter of time before Micro center responded.

So, you can get a processor that has high-enough turbo clock spreed that it can match the 9900k - 10% in most games, and has 50% more cores, all for $ less. That's pretty embarrassing for Intel!

Last edited:
Yeah it's cheaper there, but the approximately 30 gallons of gas required to drive there and back kind of makes the $20 upcharge worth it ;)

I'm lucky, it's only an hour from my house, and well worth the drive. I enjoy killing an afternoon or evening looking at all the gear. I also like supporting the local retailer, I'll be very sad if MC goes the way of Fry's...

I'll be very sad if MC goes the way of Fry's...
Yeah I don't even know what happened to Fry's, did online kill them, stories of changing vendors, artificially making the Las Vegas store look full for a conference there, or if they simply dont care anymore

Back