[H]ot? A64 +3400 2.4GHz + mobo $99 shipped at the Egg

Biostar NF3 vs. two VIA boards...it's like a battle in futility.

Nonetheless...this is a nice econobox for those still on AGP.

where is the link where you can get 3 different mobos?

*edit... didn't know you can click on combo deals. LoL

mybrainisawaffle said:
Look closer. Seems to be a little different, you can choose between 3 motherboards, and it looks like it's still on.

are you really going to take the VIA over the NF3? ....

I'm still on the fence with this deal. Wait and do a massive upgrade, or buy this now and limp along for another year or so...... decisions decisions.

these are actually rather nice got 3 of the combos(biostar boards) kids love it... i guess even a 7 year old can appreciate pc hardware.. even if it is just to see barbie or spongebob.. anyway.. this board is solid and at a great price!

Seriously considered it, but like was posted earlier, I'd prefer getting something that would age a little better.

Just bought this combo was somewhat concerned about the biostar motherboard. But sofar has been rock solid. This and one of the clearance x800xl from ATI has been a great
improvement over a 2.53 p4 and a fx5950ultra.

Hoop said:
I'm still on the fence with this deal. Wait and do a massive upgrade, or buy this now and limp along for another year or so...... decisions decisions.

limp... then your wallet won't be so limp around xmas time when the E6600 has dropped to around 220 and you can get any mobo to go with it for 100, and ram of course will fluctuate as always. But the vid cards will def be cheaper also...

I'm really havin the same issue... I've got a p4 3.4 prescott, 2 gigs of ram, x850, and while it gets the job done, its just AGP... but, i'd rather save a couple hundred and wait just a bit.... I don't need an impressive 3dmark score to put in my sig :)

Back