[H]OT !!!! 5800X3D $279.65 Shipped , Newegg

Yeah the only thing they don't clarify is what "reports some loans" means. Maybe under a certain amount they don't, or something, who knows.

Really ups...

Screenshot_2022-12-02-07-24-05-86_4adea005b1d4ef442251c0081020739a.jpg

Yeah the only thing they don't clarify is what "reports some loans" means. Maybe under a certain amount they don't, or something, who knows.
0% loans are not reported.

The main piece of credit scores that this could impact assuming you pay on time is the 15% based on length of credit accounts. One could always pay this off early. 30% is based on credit utilization rate but this is a small purchase.

Reactions: xx0xx
like this
Code doesnt work for me. Do i need a affirm account or is the deal dead?

They had me estimated for yesterday shipping since Friday - didn't move all Saturday... Waited around all day to get it...
Now it says tomorrow. lol
Did you end up getting yours yet?
Negative. Tracking looks identical to my post from Friday :/

got mine. just be sure to update drivers one at a time. I made the mistake of installing the chipset and gpu drivers without rebooting inbetween. Had to go into safe mode and redo it all. my fps went so much higher in games i play. didn't know my 3600 was holding me back

got mine. just be sure to update drivers one at a time. I made the mistake of installing the chipset and gpu drivers without rebooting inbetween. Had to go into safe mode and redo it all. my fps went so much higher in games i play. didn't know my 3600 was holding me back
What about bios settings? All on auto or what?

Also curious to hear about temps.

What about bios settings? All on auto or what?

Also curious to hear about temps.
I updated my bios to the latest in preparation. I have asus x570 tuf WiFi. Came up just fine. Had to enable DOCP (ram to run at 3600mhz) again and enable 4G encoding (smart access memory?)

I do hear my heat sink spinning up a little more. Running the thermalright peerless assassin. I think I hear my gpu spinning up a little more too.

Affirm is nothing to worry about. They do not report most loans unless they go delinquent. They report them being paid off. I use it once in a while and my credit only goes up. I pay everything off early though. I’ve never let a loan go the full duration except one 0% loan.

Well that's nice - dead Motherboard shipped with it... lame.

Mine just arrived, apparently it got shipped to my office and not my home for some reason. Oh well here now.

Wanted to leave early, now I reeeeely want to leave early lol

May have shipped with an older bios. If you have another cpu, you may want to try it before returning the board.
I went to qflash it from the start and it didn't even post or turn on.

Damn, I paid $360 for mine a couple of months ago. Good deal!

Ha, I knew I should have waited just a bit longer. I just ordered one from ebay a few days ago.

What's a decent and inexpensive motherboard for this cpu, I want to tinker with a 5800X3D setup.

What's a decent and inexpensive motherboard for this cpu, I want to tinker with a 5800X3D setup.

It really shouldn't matter much with the 5800X3D. It's only 8 cores and you can't overclock like you can with other chips, so the differences in VRMs between boards are mostly irrelevant. If the motherboard has a BIOS that supports it, then you should be good to go.

Even a much older board should work fine, although I would be apprehensive about potentially getting a board that might not come pre-loaded with a new enough BIOS, unless you have an older-generation Ryzen handy to use while flashing the latest BIOS.

Last edited:
How about the ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 PG Velocita?

It's on sale for $129.99 (regular price $219.99). :cool:
Wow.
Get that board ASAP.

I had great experiences with Asrock board (B550M Pro 4, B550M Steel Legend).
The bios is simple yet it facilitate all the tinkering(s).
The vdimm limit is 1.8v for ram overclocking, quite decent. SoC voltage limit is 1.55v.

The PG velocita should also have those features I mentioned above.

The difference from express 3 to 4 is almost unnoticeable except when bench marking. In some cases the difference is less than 1% unless you plan to put a 4090 on the system you likely won't notice.

How's the temps? What bios settings did you apply?

Temps aren't great. I'm used to my massive open loop on my regular PC lol. I think I need to repaste and reseat the cooler. May just be a toasty boi.

Using a CM 240mm aio it's bumps right against the 90c limit then just barely throttles and maintains right there at about 4.35ghz all core.

Bios is all stock, xmp, above 4g and resizeable bar enabled.

Back