[H]OT!!! 40% CashBack at HP.com @ 11/28

I think I got it but I'm not sure. I've never used the live cashback. I got the page to come up again, and the live box was there. It said "Sending you to the store" where it timed out and gave me the "Opps" page. I hit F5 and now I'm sitting on hp.com with this link.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ource=MSNCashbackDirect&mscbg=1&jftid=6619913

It says cashback in the link but I'm not sure if this is correct, anybody know? Also, I clicked onto Notebooks and it no longer has MSNCashBackDirect in the link.

when I asked the hp sales person this afternoon this is what they told me:

You can also search directly for cashback deals and participating stores at the Live Search cashback site. Your results will always clearly list the cashback amount and your bottom-line price.
As long as you click on an eligible product or store link at our Live Search cashback site, you will earn cashback savings on all eligible purchases you make during your store visit (except for limited exceptions described in our terms and conditions).
Different products may have different cashback percentage rates, so the rate for other products you buy may be higher or lower than the rate displayed on the Live Search cashback site for the product you initially searched for."

still not working for me. Im going to go jump off a bridge and come back. Maybe that might fix the ooops issue!

Just submitted an order. Guess I'll find out if it works or not. Used a CC and not PayPal if that matters.

I searched for the EX470 on search.live.com/cashback and HP came up as only giving a 5% discount. I'm wondering why the 40% isn't showing up. Any ideas? I'm still hung at the "loading" screen after you put in the goptcha.

this is such BS...I'm totally not convinced they are having "network problems" They got everyone so excited about purchasing something at 40% off that in the end the people (>99%) that didn't get the discount will end up buying whatever it is they wanted anyways. I hate marketing people and stupid deals that bait people in and make them push refresh hundreds of times over for hours on end.

i have been getting the SAME "oops" page with tigerdirect.

no oops page with ebay...

this is such BS...I'm totally not convinced they are having "network problems" They got everyone so excited about purchasing something at 40% off that in the end the people (>99%) that didn't get the discount will end up buying whatever it is they wanted anyways. I hate marketing people and stupid deals that bait people in and make them push refresh hundreds of times over for hours on end.

If mine doesn't work out and I don't get the cashback (which it's been an hour and no email yet) I'll be sending it back.

ok im back and still doesnt work

I guess jumping off a bridge and being reincarnated didnt help

I am going to try the search thing....the 40% link from the live.com search page hasn't worked for me all day.

They must have taken it offline because it takes me to the "Opps" page right away now.

I read on another site site that MS live search servers were down and they've been working on it. <allegedly> live search hasn't really been working for any sites including tiger direct which I tried for the barebones system.

Just got in and it worked. Here is the trick. When you finally get a screen asking for your email and the goptcha don't wait too long for the green lights-- you'll sit there all night. Just click the button to generate a new goptcha if it hasn't gone through after about five min. Keep doing that until it lets you in. Good luck!

Any who I got my whole transaction documented on my camcorder, lol. I ought to post it on youtube to show what a stupid bait tactic this was. Getting the live menu without getting the infamous "Oops" message was very frustrating.

I saved screen captures and the url with the MSNCashbackDirect in it. I sure hope I don't have to fight to get this discount though-- its already been enough of a pain in the butt.

If I don't get the cashback credit I'll give them a call and if they try to fight it at all its going back to them.

I believe the cashback site has a email address or webform you can fill out if you think you should have recieved cashback and didn't get it.

i got my order in at 8:45pm CST and received cashback email at 12:20am CST. Seems like lots of people started getting their cashback emails at 12am EST.

Never received my email from yesterday and it's still not in my account, so I'm guessing I will have to fight it manually and/or return the darn thing.

I purchased an EX470 at 6:20pm PST (40 min before it was supposed to end) and still haven't gotten an email or update on my cashback site.

Never received my email from yesterday and it's still not in my account, so I'm guessing I will have to fight it manually and/or return the darn thing.

yep. gonna be doing the samething, fight it or return. I ordered the EX470 and its already shipped. I already sent a email about it.

To fight it, I got a link

I did the "hp" search and there is no 'cashback' icon next to hp's official site. So I guess the deal is dead now?

Anybody recieve confirmations today even though it's the weekend? I'm guessing some out sourced company probably deals with these sort of things any way. Already sent the email inquiry into my transaction to the cashback web site...they are suppose to respond within 24 hours.

Back