[H]ot - 150GB Raptor for $200 after MIR @ Newegg

Not bad. Big MIR though.

Hey, did people receive those $160 Dell 'raptors' or were all the orders canceled?

Does this one have the clear cover on it so you can see it spinning, or is that a special model? :confused:

Err.. nm, I found it in the reviews on newegg. It DOES NOT have a window. :(

I've heard that having the window improves read speeds by up to 16% but only if you are actively looking through it.

alceryes said:
I've heard that having the window improves read speeds by up to 16% but only if you are actively looking through it.

Wouldn't that depend on your reading level not the drives read speed = )

alceryes said:
Hey, did people receive those $160 Dell 'raptors' or were all the orders canceled?

I got one when they were $180.00..I missed the $160.00 deal by a few hours......

alceryes said:
Not bad. Big MIR though.

Yes, we did. Mine was $162 shipped, and it is a WD Raptor 160 (WD1600ADFD). Just like the Raptor 150, but WD didn't bother to disable the slowest 10GB.

I so want to get one of these, but those Seagate 350 gig drives seem like a better deal. Are the Raptors that much faster to cost twice as much for half the space?

When was the rebate good for. I've had this saved in my cart for the last couple days as I figured out what I need and now just near the moment of order the rebate is gone with no link to the rebate even for those that might have purchased it on time to print the form out.

Dang, found it, it was only good until the 30th. Now what, I need to order one of these but where?

Back