[H]orde IRC Channel (NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
The [H]orde IRC Chat

Use it to ask questions about Distributed Computing problems or just hang out and talk about whatever you feel like.

Connection Details:

Primary:

Server: irc.dp.cx
Port: 6667
Channel: #HardOCP

Backup:

Server: irc.afternet.org
Port: 7000
Channel: #HardOCP

:cool:

Last edited:
Is anyone else having any problems? I don't seem able to connect to either afternet.org or dp.cx...

I'm connected on irc.dp.cx without issues from my systems since this morning.

Now that dp.cx is back up, the first post has been edited to show dp.cx as the primary server and afternet as backup.

I don't fold... but we talk about everything related to computers. :c)

Great community! Come join us!

Yup, get that I7 overclocked and folding and get that 260 folding on the GPU client :)

bump

Our resident cat is very friendly.. she doesn't bite (hard).

@anybody: what's a good client for doing this. I tried Chatzilla for Firefox just for kicks this morning but I'm not so sure I like it.

@anybody: what's a good client for doing this. I tried Chatzilla for Firefox just for kicks this morning but I'm not so sure I like it.

I use mIRC with the NoNameScript addon. Been using it for a while and I like it :) I have also used XChat (free Windows build) without too many complaints.

i personally use Trillian since i have it on anyway while at home

and Mibbit (yes it sucks) while on campus since the ports are blocked for regular clients

*bumpity bump*

When things go bump in the night on IRC, it's usually the sound of an inebriated Tobit tripping over a sleeping basement kitteh. mew :3

Lots of new faces lately on IRC.. plenty of room for moar!

lotsa room, thouhg yes i hear those bumps quite a bit..........

What's the first thing I get from Tobit when I signed on:

timmypost.png

i thought it was "TIMMAI!!!!!!!!!!"

and thats Tobit for ya

You are most correct on the pronunciation. I have to correct people at work if they have this urge to call me Timmy that they better call me "Timmah!"

I get "timmah" all the time from my friends.. it gets a bit old after a while.

Lots of new faces lately on IRC.. plenty of room for moar!
For years I had wondered what in the world you guys can be talking about that the forum isn't privy to? Other than team stratagems and possibly some OT stuff (as if we don't already have plenty of OT discussions on the forum, LOL) I cannot think of anything to carry on long conversations where PM wouldn't suffice, so what allures ye all with the chat? (asking sincerely)

so what allures ye all with the chat? (asking sincerely)
A lot of it is bullshit silly chat, current events
Lots of troubleshooting of OC's, helping setup new clients, etc.
Rarely are there "long conversations", many of us just have it idle in the background while we are working on other things. We talk when someone comes in we want to talk to or when a current conversation interests us.
Lots of team and individual cheer leading, personal chest beating.

For years I had wondered what in the world you guys can be talking about that the forum isn't privy to? Other than team stratagems and possibly some OT stuff (as if we don't already have plenty of OT discussions on the forum, LOL) I cannot think of anything to carry on long conversations where PM wouldn't suffice, so what allures ye all with the chat? (asking sincerely)

we put Elledan in a bag daily................we get the info you see in threads before it happens....

and we kick ass.....just join us and see ;)

^^ This is the stuff we have on IRC.....doesnt it make you want to join us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back