[H]orde call to arms! Let's catch EVGA in September!

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
EOC is showing us at ~230M points down to EVGA with a projected overtake on 10/6, and we know that the first of the month EVGA ramp is coming. I want to see us do it before the end of September! To make this happen, we are going to need a little ramp.

Here is my proposal - for the month of September, let's throw everything we have at them! Fire up those old machines that have been neglected in favor of newer hardware. Bring the old video cards out of retirement this month. Go borg your parent's Dell. College students, recruit your dormmates for the cause. Get everything you possible can online and folding through September.

Post everything you are able to bring online this month, with a ppd estimate. I'll keep a running total of the additional ppd we get.

Additional September PPD: 1046.5K

Let's make this happen!

I'll start:
1 x Athlon II X4 @ 3.2 - 8K ppd
1 x Athlon II X2 @ 3 - 2.5K ppd

Last edited:
Horde horde yr our team, if you can't do it, screw EVGA......

Gooooooooooooooo [h]orde!!!!!!

Lol I see the kids are at it again, running to ask mommy can they fold on her 5k ppd laptop. Aww how cute.

;)

Okie .. Let me switch back to your [H]ord team some time tomorrow. Might add around 25-30mil by the end of Sept.

Let's make it happens.

Well Time to fire up the remaining Gulfies and the 2700K, Hope the circuit breakers can handle it. :D

As of yesterday, I'm firing on all cylinders. Up from my summer 10kppd to more like 50kppd, if that counts...

Must be a sign........As of yesterday, all 3 of my 4p rigs are running 8102 WUs!

Let's GO [H]orde, before Georgia Power shuts me down!!!! :eek:

Must be a sign........As of yesterday, all 3 of my 4p rigs are running 8102 WUs!

Let's GO [H]orde, before Georgia Power shuts me down!!!! :eek:

I noticed that, you lucky SOB... :p

...and, they seem to be getting a good response from their members. Show me what you've got, [H]!!

You've finally given me motivation to assemble the remaining 4p g34 parts. I should be able to add 400k+ for 2 weeks (perhaps the whole month). After that, most of the system will be finding homes with other [H] members.

Well, I can't promise much at the moment but i can let my GTX 460 fold a wu or 2 a day. Trying to bring a 2600k online but can't afford the cpu at the moment plus my mate is borrowing its PSU:eek:

;) Originally Posted by Core32 View Post

Let's GO [H]orde, before Georgia Power shuts me down!!!!

You better put those rigs under lock and key, somebody named Grandpa may be flying over your way and stealing those hard drives if you are not careful :p

Added approx 400k PPD.
Anybody got a 4P G34 board FS? I've still got 6180SE's sitting on my desk.

Added approx 400k PPD.

Wish I did, but unfortunately I am using the ones I have.

I'll add the 400K to the total.

I think I am going to fall short of my million point month goal for August...

but my brother and I just bought 4x6174 that will need to be "thoroughly tested" by folding on them ;)

Added approx 400k PPD.

Well there is always this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-...8239877?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item1e71cc668 And yeah I have 10 61XX chips setting on my desk also, and purchasing a few more, I think I need to go to the Doc and see how many holes are in my head. I am in the same boat as you I am still waiting for my RMA from SM only been 6 weeks now and at a minimum 2 more weeks according to SM. :rolleyes:

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm in for another 15k-20k PPD as long as I can stand the heat. I really wish they would optimize folding on the 680. When I was folding on my 260's in the past my computer wouldn't flinch. Now with the 680 it seems to hesitate for a second when doing anything and it drives me crazy. I guess ill try to run it when I'm not around.

Switched all my folding rigs to [H]. Should see some points now.

if someone has a pair of 1366 mobos or a 2p 1366 board I can borrow, I can slap together 2 more machines, have everything else needed.

Got some issues with my desktop I need to sort out then that should be churning and got a few machines at work I am going to fire up. If I can get these xeons going again, I think I can be steady for 100-150k ppd with everything going+ the other stuff will put me in the 500-550k ppd range.

EOC is showing us at ~230M points down to EVGA with a projected overtake on 10/6, and we know that the first of the month EVGA ramp is coming. I want to see us do it before the end of September! To make this happen, we are going to need a little ramp.

Here is my proposal - for the month of September, let's throw everything we have at them! Fire up those old machines that have been neglected in favor of newer hardware. Bring the old video cards out of retirement this month. Go borg your parent's Dell. College students, recruit your dormmates for the cause. Get everything you possible can online and folding through September.

Post everything you are able to bring online this month, with a ppd estimate. I'll keep a running total of the additional ppd we get.

Additional September PPD: 450.5K

Let's make this happen!

I'll start:
1 x Athlon II X4 @ 3.2 - 8K ppd
1 x Athlon II X2 @ 3 - 2.5K ppd

Hi Musky,
I think I can average about about 1 million PPD for September, if I can get this ES chip to
run considerably more. Best regards, Charlie:D

I'm in for another 15k-20k PPD as long as I can stand the heat. I really wish they would optimize folding on the 680. When I was folding on my 260's in the past my computer wouldn't flinch. Now with the 680 it seems to hesitate for a second when doing anything and it drives me crazy. I guess ill try to run it when I'm not around.

If I am not mistaken the Kepler core is still in beta testing. One other thing you might consider trying is get yourself Nvidia inspector, set a fixed clock speed and see if that helps any. Check out this article.

I should be able to get my Socket F 4P system (100K+ PPD) running on all four cores again this week. Just need my CPU to arrive from the U.S. :)

Not sure how much this help in PPD, but I just fired up my Xeon Hex @ 4.5Ghz and a GTX 680.

I give in, moving my main WCG rig over (x4 965 @ gtx 560 se) not sure what points it will bring but every bit counts I guess. Started it up but seems to have just 1 cpu core going, time to fiddle.

This team inspires me to do more, big shout out to gsmitheman, wouldn't be in the DC scene if it wasn't for you.

Sounds like your running the Uni-CPU client, make sure -smp is set. If you cannot get it, make a thread here with your hardware + software version and we will do what we can to help.

All I can do is turn my last core back to it and let the miners take a knee

what a hobby :)

"Sounds like your running the Uni-CPU client"

Yes sir, I took care of that, just gotta see whats with gpu now. I used to throw this stuff right up in the day now with this helpful v7 I seem lost. I'll get back to this tomorrow if I have any problems. Already 25% on this 8052, thats smp I guess.

8052 is an a4 core WU it can run as a Uni or SMP if all for cores are being used 100% then it is running in smp mode if not then you need to go to the upper right hand corner of the v7 client where it says novice and choose either advanced or expert then click on configure / slots / smp / edit in the box where it says smp put a -1 in the box if that does not work put a 4 in the box. :)

Ty Grandpa, its running 100% on all 4. Under "system" in "fahclient" it shows gpu at 0, ive tried to get it running but nothing so far : ( Just threw this card in tonight, gonna do a restart after this wu is done and see if that helps. I'm feeling dumb.

Moved over an SR-2 and a 4P. HFM is currently showing 550K ppd for a pair of 8101s. Are 8102s available using the standard -bigadv flag?

Back