[H]orde|Bowl - It's all in here! Schedules, statistics, rankings and smack talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:39am Update

RPhArrow - 9
Poddo -7

lol, I don't even know.....but this is how I would imagine it would be...Wait...Wait

Poddo - 6
RPhArrow - 22

Your guesses insult me. I'd like to see how wrong you actually are.

oh of course! This is all in fun and games. I'm just trying to keep the smack talking up!

poddo said:
oh of course! This is all in fun and games. I'm just trying to keep the smack talking up!

You bastard, I thought you were getting mad!!......lol

Nice!

moose lover mary said:
I'm betting the powers that be are not [H]ard enough to update every day

That a challenge?

On that note, maybe you will get an update every day....

As it stands right now, two updates in, poddo is up 25 to nuthin. :D

p[H]ant0m said:
That a challenge?

On that note, maybe you will get an update every day....

As it stands right now, two updates in, poddo is up 25 to nuthin. :D

RHPArrow- I think you better plug that cat5e cable into you computer and quit using it to tie up the wife.

marty9876 said:
RHPArrow- I think you better plug that cat5e cable into you computer and quit using it to tie up the wife.
With a long enough cable, you can do both ! :D BTW don't panic yet .....

RPhArrow --\\\\----------------->

Well, it's na secret that me best boxen... oh, me game boxen... prefers QMD's ... an' now they go'in ta disappear ! (I have no idea what turned me into a Scot here, except maybe wha' I'm drinkin' !)

Las' true WU loaded late this morrow ! Oh, wha' to do , wha' to do ?? Mos' likely I'm screwed , I am ! Oooh, Help me McMaaarty !!

RPhArrow ---\\\\----------------___
.............................................------->

(Me arrow's droopin.. .. )

RPhArrow said:
Well, it's na secret that me best boxen... oh, me game boxen... prefers QMD's ... an' now they go'in ta disappear ! (I have no idea what turned me into a Scot here, except maybe wha' I'm drinkin' !)

Las' true WU loaded late this morrow ! Oh, wha' to do , wha' to do ?? Mos' likely I'm screwed , I am ! Oooh, Help me McMaaarty !!

RPhArrow ---\\\\----------------___
.............................................------->

(Me arrow's droopin.. .. )

Umm, there goes plan A/B and C.

I'd say plan D is to quit now, put the box under your name and enjoy the points while you can... IE go buy some lube cuz poddo is gonna ram that AMD up your bum.

Plan E:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

AMD vs. Intel= Tinkers vs. Gromacs

If you get a tinker, your screwed period. If you get small gromacs, I'd say you can put up a fair fight.

The question becomes how to increase the odds of pulling gromacs. You could config for timeless, there are small gromacs there. If you grab a 241 tinker, just quit now. I have not messed much with timeless WU's, we configed the crapper farm to pull timeless and it's basically pulled nothing but large timkers.

Double Gromacs are the second best, there is now way to config for these and they are very rare.

Another option might be to grab the beta client, config normal (not large) wu's, no -adv methods and the trick is to limit RAM it reports. Limit it to something stupid like 64 or 96 meg ram, this should ensure you get something small. Note: small point size does not really= small RAM foot print size.

I'm sitting here lighting up a ton of boxen, maybe I should pay attention to what WU's they are grabbing...

When doing non-QMD's on intel, crank the ever loving hell out of the FSB and about all cares on the RAM bandwidth (IE run with dividers). If you are overclocking and can run 1:1 @ 3.8 but 5:4 @ 3.9-4.0 for example take the latter.

This kinda bites on your part. I don't think the final match can be set back another week but you are getting the short end of the stick here. You system was setup for QMD's, this no longer are available.

Contests powers that be?

Me' god, Maarty, did a faen put me brain in your head ? Oh ya, I be thinkin' the same way. So I' be given it a try... (and pour me another.... )

RPhArrow --\\\===---___>

RPhArrow said:
Me' god, Maarty, did a faen put me brain in your head ? Oh ya, I be thinkin' the same way. So I' be given it a try... (and pour me another.... )

RPhArrow --\\\===---___>

new rule: RPhArrow is not to talk like unhappy_mage. One is enough.

:p

Didnt even look at this thread for a day. Boy you guys are restless.

At this point, updates are easy. Its only two of ya. I will update you guys once a day. Twice if your lucky, or I am bored :D

However, you must pay for this. I demand 5 pounds of steak in return!

EDIT: RPH, not sure what to tell you about the QMD thing. It seems as though its not fair to you to leave it be, but not fair to poddo to delay things so you can reconfigure. :confused:

Viper87227 said:
Didnt even look at this thread for a day. Boy you guys are restless.

At this point, updates are easy. Its only two of ya. I will update you guys once a day. Twice if your lucky, or I am bored :D

However, you must pay for this. I demand 5 pounds of steak in return!

EDIT: RPH, not sure what to tell you about the QMD thing. It seems as though its not fair to you to leave it be, but not fair to poddo to delay things so you can reconfigure. :confused:
Fold ON !! and Play ON !!! I can still walk his AMD like a dog !!!!

RPhArrow --\\\\==========>

Wow, another shocking revelation in the bowl. I swear, every round something huge has gone down to affect one of the matches. Early end units, wive's blowing breakers, now the loss of QMDs.

After reading the last page of the thread, I now have a sudden compulsion for some haggis, but I shall not let that prevent me from making the Bowl Update!

poddo managed to crank it up a notch and widen his lead to 52 to 3!

Well, In another shocking turn of events, my box was down for 4 hours this morning. Power went out. I didn't wake up to turn it back on. who knows what may happen?

p[H]ant0m said:
After reading the last page of the thread, I now have a sudden compulsion for some haggis, but I shall not let that prevent me from making the Bowl Update!

poddo managed to crank it up a notch and widen his lead to 52 to 3!

Damn you and your ability to wake up at hours in which no man should be awake.

I call tomorrrow :cool:

AHH! what is happening!??! After iturned it back on after the power outage, now its taking 40 minutes to complete a frame! these same frames were taking 12 minutes before the outage. This is getting weird...

poddo said:
AHH! what is happening!??! After iturned it back on after the power outage, now its taking 40 minutes to complete a frame! these same frames were taking 12 minutes before the outage. This is getting weird...

It most likely turned off SSE. Add -forceasm and it should turn it back on.

thanks for that, but I just stopped the service and restarted it and it seems to be back to normal. that little speedbump should keep things alittle more interesting though

The problem now is that with all this QMD business, the excitement level just rock bottomed.

poddo said:
The problem now is that with all this QMD business, the excitement level just rock bottomed.
Only because I managed to drag a QMD machine kicking & screaming into the final game after some hard luck on the part of some AMD folders ...It surprised the hell out of me, especially after guys like ICE_9 and apparently shadow with hotter QMD machines than mine lost key games earlier.
Let's play it out, but it may be looking like proof that AMD's fold more points per time unit than P4's when put on equal footing. My last QMD finished mid-day today... it's all small gromacs for me now apparently. Don't count me out yet... I may land a 722 pointer and find that my P4 loves it !

FOLD ON !!! :)

RPhArrow --\\\\------------------------->

unhappy_mage said:
HAHAHAHA

If this needs explaining, be glad you're an AMD man ;)

MWAHAHA, exactly. unfortunately, due to fortunate deals, i have more intels in my house right now thatn i do AMDs. That should change soon though.

unhappy_mage said:
HAHAHAHA

If this needs explaining, be glad you're an AMD man ;)

Hey now! I have yet to turn the heat on this year. The fact I live in the desert means nothing. I support a reduction of greenhouse gases by heating with a prescott. :D

RPhArrow said:
Only because I managed to drag a QMD machine kicking & screaming into the final game after some hard luck on the part of some AMD folders ...It surprised the hell out of me, especially after guys like ICE_9 and apparently shadow with hotter QMD machines than mine lost key games earlier.

Not one QMD folded by me. Intel box, but no qmd's. Standard off the shelf install graphical client. Nothing overclocked, bone stock everything. It's my work desktop that I have permission to use. The week I lost to poddo I pulled wu's that took 30-35 hours to finish. That left me with three 0/0 point/wu days. I had been winning with multi wu, low point days. I will be back next year, or when ever.

P4 3.0
500 megs
winblows xp pro sp2

ThE sHaDoW

Tuesday update

As we near the end of the first quarter, it looks like both teams are suffering from injuries. Poddo started off with a bang, but don't count your cards yet. RPhArrow is doing his best to recover as the score shows 31 to 27 in poddo's favor.

i figured that 8 hour outage was gonna kill me. Its back to being close again!

poddo is still holding the line, albeit a narrow one. He's still up 31 to 27! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back