[H]orde|Bowl - It's all in here! Schedules, statistics, rankings and smack talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
hbowljpg0tg.jpg

This thread is your one stop shop for [H]orde|Bowl stats, standings, and results. Here's the details:

1.) Game schedules will be posted the Wednesday prior to Kickoff.
2.) Updated divisional stats will be posted every 2 weeks on Wednesday.
3.) We will not be instituing any tie breakers. If two teams are tied at the end of the week, the final result will be recorded as such.
4.) Please keep any smack talk relegated to this thread.
5.) The contest rules are here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=960890
6.) If you have any questions, please PM either myself or K*.

footer8is.jpg

[H]orde|Bowl Preseason - Games End 11/12/05 @ Midnight

marty9876 vs. chileman
ICE 9 vs. 54YW4T
KieferMonkey vs. Kermit
Slayten vs. Bear63
joeb0b vs. MN Scout
MTXR vs. apHyHiaTe
RPhArrow vs. tsuehpsyde
Party2go9820 vs. bladeiai
RugenNixie vs. CellBlock
OSUguy98 vs. darktiger
shadow-13x vs. Astral Abyss
sandmanx vs. Horatio
Carnival Forces vs. upriverpaddler
sawatt vs. Duster
TheAnkh vs. Drizzt81
poddo vs. Megadeth_Guy01​

Stats start tonight at midnight, so the first days worth of stats will be tomorrow.

So can i just start the client now or do i have to wait for midnight?

You can start it whenever you like. To better specify, no stats prior to tonight at midnight will count, so if you've been folding for a few days with your bowl name, those stats won't count, just those recorded after what hardfolding.com considers to be midnight.

So I go to hardfolding.com to look up my opponents history. To check out what I may be up against. Nada. Nothing. How many people fold under a different username than they post with?

P.S. I realize the names are changed for the contest, I am just interested in past performance.

umm, so start tonight? did I miss pre season?

edit: me can't read. PREseason starts tonight...

I'm not sure how many post under different names, but even so, in the bowl you only get one cpu. past performance might show you an entire farm

I just have a feeling i am gonna get my ass wasted in the horde bowl.

I have had to also sacrafice my folding under my original name to fold for the horde bowl :-/

p[H]ant0m said:
Stats start tonight at midnight, so the first days worth of stats will be tomorrow.
What time zone ? If you mean central, I'm already 20 minutes slow !

upriverpaddler said:
So I go to hardfolding.com to look up my opponents history. To check out what I may be up against. Nada. Nothing. How many people fold under a different username than they post with?

P.S. I realize the names are changed for the contest, I am just interested in past performance.

There are quite a few people that fold under a name other than their hardforum username. Sometimes it's completely different while other times there are small differences or have something added to their folding username.

Just remember you only get 1 client reporting to your contest name.

Just a reminder from a fellow contestant. I don't want any of you put on suspension or kicked out of the contest for not reading the rules.

EEEK my contest computer was down!!!!! joeb0b don't expect that to happen again. You got lucky!

Stupid question on the morning: Preseason don't count for nothign right....?

Nope, this is just a shakedown week so I had time to get the schedule and records keeping in order, and for you guys to get your ID's setup and any last minute tweaks and OC's worked out. :D

Well shit, I missed kickoff day. Luckily pre-season isn't too important, but dammit I missed points. Luckily, my secret weapon for this contest is on it's way here and should be here Tuesday, just in time. Muahahaha.

Full Folding Ahead!

Edit: I just started folding under my username for the contest, but I have a new CPU coming in Tuesday....do I have to wait until submitting any points until Tuesday, because of the 1 CPU rule? I'm going to stop until then, because I won't have this CPU anymore on Tuesday...was supposed to have this swapped weeks ago, but timing has just been shitty. :(

tsuehpsyde said:
Edit: I just started folding under my username for the contest, but I have a new CPU coming in Tuesday....do I have to wait until submitting any points until Tuesday, because of the 1 CPU rule? I'm going to stop until then, because I won't have this CPU anymore on Tuesday...was supposed to have this swapped weeks ago, but timing has just been shitty. :(

Well the rule is you can only have one cpu count by stanford... I would pm p[H] to make sure everything you are doing is cool

My computer is sitting at work folding for my regular username.... sooooo, yeah, I won't be starting until tomorrow morning :(

(I'm sure as hell not going into work on my day off just to switch it over) :p

tsuehpsyde said:
Well shit, I missed kickoff day. Luckily pre-season isn't too important, but dammit I missed points. Luckily, my secret weapon for this contest is on it's way here and should be here Tuesday, just in time. Muahahaha.

Full Folding Ahead!

I'd suggest just starting up with the new one once you get it, and not fold under your bowl name until after the new one is running (maybe throw the old one under your username for now?). By stopping today, it should cycle out under the Stanford count by next Sunday. As long as the active count is not higher than 2 next Sunday all should be good. :D

Well I hadn't started yet with the new username, and I was about to when I realised oh shit!, so I reverted back to my username until the new one comes in, so count me in as "owned" on the pre-season. :(

Are yall sure its not just a machine ID and not a CPU ID? I just swapped out one 2.4 for another 2.4 in my wifes PC and my CPU count didn't go up.

But I guess that may mean one of my other boxen is down.

this is what I get for not reading the forum on the weekend.... a dismal preseason ;)
I'll switch one over tonight........

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

MN Scout said:
EEEK my contest computer was down!!!!! joeb0b don't expect that to happen again. You got lucky!

oops i forgot to switch my computer over till just now. I may need some luck to win this :)

OSUguy98 said:
this is what I get for not reading the forum on the weekend.... a dismal preseason ;)
I'll switch one over tonight........

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

dont worry, I did not switch over until 8:30am CTZ. So I might be behind.

I'm in the redzone myself. Hopin to cross the line and get a 2 point conversion by 5:00 tonight. (wow that was lame...)

So I was just wondering... How do we know how well we're doing in comparison to the other people? We're all folding under different names so we can't check the stats on anyone. Kinda takes the fun out of it...

Then, being my paranoid self, I wouldn't tell the other person my name anyway for fear they'd sabotage me...

Astral Abyss said:
So I was just wondering... How do we know how well we're doing in comparison to the other people? We're all folding under different names so we can't check the stats on anyone. Kinda takes the fun out of it...

Then, being my paranoid self, I wouldn't tell the other person my name anyway for fear they'd sabotage me...

That's the catch-22 we faced all along as well when coming up with the idea. Time warranted, I might try and do midweek updates, but thats dependent on the work schedule.

Astral Abyss said:

Therein lies the problem. To give out the usernames means you could just fold under your opponents name, push there CPU count up to 2, and DQ them. The only way to keep it fair is to keep it 100% anonymous

Viper87227 said:
Therein lies the problem. To give out the usernames means you could just fold under your opponents name, push there CPU count up to 2, and DQ them. The only way to keep it fair is to keep it 100% anonymous

I'm gonna bump all 5000 members of the team to 2 cpu count!

Ha, beat that.

:p

Astral Abyss said:

This is an unfortunate victim of the structure of the contest....besides....knowing your stats midweek doesn't really change anything does it? You can't add a box....I guess the most you could change would be the type of WU you request. But even then, in a weeks time, not much is going to change.

marty9876 said:
I'm gonna bump all 5000 members of the team to 2 cpu count!

Ha, beat that.

You don't have 5000 CPUs.....I'd like to see you try it though.

AtomicMoose said:

Hey, get out of our thread!!!!

Bet ya I can make one hell of an early end machine... :eek:

AtomicMoose said:

Don't temp him. I can think of ways to pull this off, and I'm sure - even though it's Marty we are talking about - that he could think of something. :( Don't bump everyone!

Crazy people we are. :( :rolleyes: :D

-MN Scout
PS. I just got my first touchdown, and no one is stoping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back