[H]orde|Bowl II - It's all in here! Schedules, statistics, rankings and smack talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time:

Conference championship games:

8fingers vs. joeb0b
8fingers is winning, 25 to 0

RPh vs. ND40oz
RPh is winning, 53 to 3

As for daily updates during the bowl, that will probably happen... I did it last year that way and will probably do it the same this year.

Uh Oh ! I've been busy watching my [H]Bowl boxen to stave off ND40oz in the Conference Championship this week , only to look in my rear view mirror & see ND40oz about to blow my doors off running up the main [H]orde team list :eek: I'm at 78th position & he's at 80 right now, but he is outproducing me big time!

Well, ND40oz, you may win the war, but I plan on winning the battle :D

Well you're certainly winning the battle, these 21XX series are killing production, I want the 600 pointers back :(

Just wait till I get redhat running :)

yea....he's a snatch like that :p

Rofty, you'll have to speak up, we can't hear you up here. :D

p[H]ant0m;1030534448 said:
As for daily updates during the bowl, that will probably happen... I did it last year that way and will probably do it the same this year.

Yep, that's right.... but I've SO forgotten my last year's miserable loss beginning at the opening kickoff of last years [H]ordeBowl..... I've even forgotten poddo's last minute adjustments that so whipped my butt.... I've even forgotten QMD's.....

Wait, no, it's not true, I remember ALL those things , and I'm gonna collect revenge on SOMEBODY this year :D

Go RPhArrow!

but watch out next year!

I'm gonna give a butt kickin to all next time around!

Jeez, no respect, don't think I have something up my sleave for the end of this week do you?

No doubt here that you are a worthy opponent ND40oz ! But the first half of your week was weak :eek: Bring it on.... I'm a crankin' too :) For anybody wondering, I am NOT a believer in the "Don't mess with it" approach... more details later !

I also put my last WU of the week in at the 4pm update.... My 2nd WU of the day :) From reading several threads & putting 2 & 2 together, I think I may have figured out just how slim the difference in our hardware has been for this contest --- We'll see tomorrow who the conf. champ is, but I suspect my OC was .54GHz higher than yours... Good game ND40oz, whoever wins ---- and good waves to ya as you run for marty's spot !

I think we will both like it when we have another SMP box running ;)

I also put my last WU of the week in at the 4pm update.... My 2nd WU of the day :) From reading several threads & putting 2 & 2 together, I think I may have figured out just how slim the difference in our hardware has been for this contest --- We'll see tomorrow who the conf. champ is, but I suspect my OC was .54GHz higher than yours... Good game ND40oz, whoever wins ---- and good waves to ya as you run for marty's spot !

I think we will both like it when we have another SMP box running ;)

I'm betting your memory is running faster then my slow @ss 533 FB-Dimms as well :(

Are the scores coming, I just need to see if I kept it close, 2 WU in one day is pretty damn good with WUs we've been stuck with lately.

Time to see who is [H]ordeBowl Bound:

Conference championship games:

8fingers vs. joeb0b
joeb0b snuck by with a 20 to 9 victory.

RPh vs. ND40oz
RPh really ramped it up, for the 57 to 4 victory.

The [H]ordeBowl matchup:

joeb0b vs. RPh

Jeez, I got crushed this week, obviously my strategy did not work. Good game RPhArrow, good luck in the finals.

I was running a pre-prod Dell 1950 with 5150 ES's clocked at 2.66 and 533 FB-Dimms. Next year, I'll have to go with something that I can overclock. Time to reformat with linux so I can get in on the SMP action.

Thanks ND40oz ! You had a good season:) But I was sure guessing wrong about your hardware. I'll post my configuration after it's over --- but yours will definitely do SMP better than mine :p

Meanwhile, LETS RUMBLE , joeb0b !

dang it, i was getting excited too. all i had was an opteron 165 @ 2.7 and change. good luck joeb0b!

p[H]ant0m;1030553311 said:
RPh vs. ND40oz
RPh really ramped it up, for the 57 to 4 victory.

I have lost all respect for you and your upset ways :p

I have lost all respect for you and your upset ways :p

That's ok, atleast some of us made it to the conference finals. :eek: Instead of always being online and spectulating about how great the burning crusade was going to be, when the box should have been doing some productive folding. :p

That's ok, atleast some of us made it to the conference finals. :eek: Instead of always being online and spectulating about how great the burning crusade was going to be, when the box should have been doing some productive folding. :p

what are you talking about....i havent cared about BC coming at all???/

Congratulations to Joe and RPh! Good luck next week!

joeb0b vs. RPh

joeb0b vs. RPh

Wow I won! thank you Pocatello.

Good "game" 8Fingers, nice run. I actually changed my config to try to get a smaller wu to finish at the end of the week but it didn't work; so I'm doubly surprised I won.

-joeb0b

Hey 8 fingers

what kind of boxen were you running?

opteron 165 @ 2.76 and the ram is at... i don't even know... i quit playing with the OC when i got it that high. i think i was running -bigpackets and -advmethods but i don't even know that either! i got 2 huge WU's this week, totally screwed me over. i'll be back next year...

joeb0b vs. RPh

Thanks Pocatello ! This week should be fun --- joeb0b seems to have pushed the throttles forward a bit ! :D

Good luck to both of us joeb0b --- the one thing I know about this week is that at the end of it, one of us will have won a nice computer :p

oh YEAH !!! This is what we are playing for :D

Good news guys... I was finally able to make some free time to get the bowl box up and running. And, of course, DC pr0n!

The parts in all their glory:

bowl009.jpg

CPU Stepping:

bowl011.jpg

Nekkid!!!

bowl016.jpg

Testing area...

bowl019.jpg

It lives! Also, a better area of my DC area. Any donated parts, PC's to be built, ect... it all happens here.

bowl022.jpg

I am installing windows right now. It should be folding in the next few hours. I need to check out the GPU guides to make sure I do it right.

I have been offline all day so i got some catch up (and multi-quoting ROCKS with upgrade ;))
But you did play wow on your bowl box, did you not ;)
True true....next year hopefully i can get a dedicated box as opposed to my HTPC

Good thing we had no respect for you to begin with... :p
See...at least we can be in agreement :)
Ooh! My turn!

LOL@TRANSPO
i hate you :p
[BRO]Alaskan;1030561405 said:
And that what it looks like when the weiner recieves it also :eek:
Considering Viper is building it...probably :D

Good thing every good [H]Bowl weiner knows how to put one together :p

RPhArrow
See above :)

Bowl update:

RPh vs. joeb0b
RPh is up 57 to 0

p[H]ant0m;1030562302 said:
Bowl update:

RPh vs. joeb0b
RPh is up 57 to 0

Don't worry, I'm just trying to give RPh a false sense of security.
Edit: btw, is there a runner up prize? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back