[H] Metro Last Light $19.99 Steam Midweek Madness

thanks OP...I'm in

9 months in and I'm still waiting for Far Cry 3 to hit this price point :rolleyes:

Waiting for it to hit 10 bucks or less and then I might bite. Maybe.

edit: same for FC3.

Waiting for it to hit 10 bucks or less and then I might bite. Maybe.

edit: same for FC3.

You'll be waiting a while. Especially in the case of FC3 -- its been quietly very popular. There's a reason the better games take longer to hit prices the bottom feeders and bargain shoppers wait for. Skyrim probably won't hit $10 until 2015.

With my massive backlog, I was going to wait for a $10 or less sale on this one, but I decided to get it at this price. I am wIlling to pay a bit more for quality titles.

If you like good single player shooters with awesome graphics then this is for you. If you don't then what are you doing on this forum? :confused:

As long as I have games from last century on my backlog. I'm not spending $20 on a game (I'm looking at you Civilization 5 that I haven't played) unless I'm going to play it immediately. I want this and it's a deal, but....I already have games on my backlog I want to play ahead of it.

Down to just Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on my 20th century back log. I finished Fallout 2 on Friday so even if you don't count Baldur's Gate because it's the recent EE, I just barely made it fully into the 21st century...

Not a bad deal but most of us have huge backlogs, like a dozen or even hundreds of games. Waiting till this hits $4.99 on steam in a year or two.

Not a bad deal but most of us have huge backlogs, like a dozen or even hundreds of games. Waiting till this hits $4.99 on steam in a year or two.

Yup! Even if it takes more than a year to hit $4.99, I'll maybe be a couple more games finished into my massive backlog...

Funny to say I'm in no hurry...

I can definitely feel the improvements over Metro 2033, this one sure doesn't feel like a glitchy clipping fest. The horrible voice acting is still present though. I cringe every time I hear a "Nazi" talk. I never knew english speaking Russians were ever Nazi's.

With my massive backlog, I was going to wait for a $10 or less sale on this one, but I decided to get it at this price. I am wIlling to pay a bit more for quality titles.

Same here. I'll support the developer even at this price because I know it'll be worth it.

Im curious but what type of shooter is this? I never finished the 1st one because I got tired of only being able to have a handful of bullets and having to avoid most fights. I like the kind of shooters where you get plenty of bullets and plenty of things to kill like Dead Space. Is this like that or more survival/rationing like the first one?

what the hell is up with Steam not discounting DLC for some of the games that go on sale?

Just wanted to bump for a great game (Metro LL).

Also wanted to suggest another for all you horror fans out there.. Outlast!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238320/

This game is fucking terrifying. If you thought Amnesia and Penumbras were scary (also great games), Outlast shits all over them. Loving it!

(not a hot deal persay, it was 20% off before release (launched today - 9/4), but it's a great game and worthy of a mention)

Good game at a good price.
Note that this game can be very demanding at high settings.

You'll be waiting a while. Especially in the case of FC3 -- its been quietly very popular. There's a reason the better games take longer to hit prices the bottom feeders and bargain shoppers wait for. Skyrim probably won't hit $10 until 2015.

I could care less if its 6 months or 6 years. I'm not in any hurry whatsoever. I haven't even pirated a game to test it in like 2 years. Market saturation was reached a long time ago for video games, and with 90% of new releases being utter shit, this old gamer just stopped caring.

what the hell is up with Steam not discounting DLC for some of the games that go on sale?

You have to make money somewhere. A lot of times when this happens it is because the DLC are still relatively new in comparison to the core game.

I could care less if its 6 months or 6 years. I'm not in any hurry whatsoever. I haven't even pirated a game to test it in like 2 years. Market saturation was reached a long time ago for video games, and with 90% of new releases being utter shit, this old gamer just stopped caring.

This. 100x this.

I was going to bite on $19.99 but like others I have too big of a backlog...by the time I play this Steam's Winter Sale will have the game for $9.99...plus I haven't finished the original Metro: Last Light yet

yeah will wait until the game is 5 bucks or full version of it is 10. too many other games to finish up for now.

Broke down and bought it. If nothing else its a good test of my gtx 670s.

Yep, same here.

I'm more of a collector nowadays. My backlog will take years (read: never) to empty.

Back