[H]|Menu - Firefox Extension

JBark

[H]ard|Gawd
Posted this in GenMay a couple days ago, just to make sure everything worked ok.

First, credit goes to roachfiend of SA for his GoonMenu extension, which my extension is heavily based on. Made a few changes, and a few fixes to get both extensions to play nice together.

This extension adds a new Menu to your right-click context menu. This new menu contains links to all the different forums here at the [H]. Now you can go directly to the forum you want, no matter what site you're at. Just right click anywhere in Firefox, choose the forum you want, and you're there.

Screenshot:

Download link:
[H]|Menu Install

If you get a blank page when you click on the download link, try going to http://www.thebarricks.com/extensions/, and just click on hmenu.xpi. Then you should get a popup about installing.

Also, my hosting isn't the greatest, so if it doesn't come up, it's usually working in a minute or 2.

Let me know if you like it, and if you find a bug, or think there's something I should add.

dood!!! n1

any chance of the source, I want to hack it for another forum?

eeyrjmr said:
dood!!! n1

any chance of the source, I want to hack it for another forum?

The xpi file has all the source you need, since it's just a zip file. Inside there is the installation control files and hmenu.jar, which you can again extract to get the actual source (css, xml, pics, etc.). I used another roachfiend page to help me get started:
http://roachfiend.com/archives/2004/12/08/how-to-create-firefox-extensions/

Plus a lot of trial an error. Make a change, repackage, install, repeat forever until you get it right. It will help if you know a bit of css/html/etc...

The most difficult problem I was faced was getting the GoonMenu and HMenu to work on the same machine. Since they were both very similar, they had a tendency to use files from the wrong extension. There's a lot of things that need to be changed so they don't conflict with each other if installed on the same machine. PM me if you have any questions, since I still remember mostly what I changed.

Back